Even more problematic stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Even more problematic stuff

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Seabass wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:10 pm
There is no voter suppression in America. :prof:
Zeldin mailer uses wrong deadline for absentee ballots
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/pol ... 1.22304894

For the second consecutive election, a Rep. Lee Zeldin campaign mailer has the wrong deadline for voters to return absentee ballots.

The Shirley Republican’s mailer told voters to postmark their ballots by Nov. 6. The actual deadline is Nov. 5.

Zeldin’s Democratic opponent Perry Gershon’s campaign said the mailers targeted likely Democratic voters, such as college students.

“It’s a baldfaced attempt at voter suppression in Democratic areas of Suffolk County,” Tim Minton, communications director, said.

A Zeldin campaign mailer in 2016 also listed the deadline to return absentee ballots a day late, which would disqualify the vote.
Zeldin Mailer Listing Wrong Date For Absentee Ballots Sparks Ire
It's the second time a Zeldin mailer has listed the wrong date for absentee ballots in recent years and Dems are crying foul.
https://patch.com/new-york/riverhead/ze ... sparks-ire
From the headline of your story - "The congressman's campaign said the incorrect date was a mistake and provided a statement from its printer, PDQ Print and Mail, taking responsibility." From the article - "The campaign said it sent a follow-up mail piece with the correct date."

The articel says the "Democratic opponent said the mailer targeted likely Democratic voters, like college students." LOL. Absentee voters are not "likely Democratic." And, the campaign said that they did not base who got the mailers on age.

The article also said, "Bohemia-based PDQ Print and Mail owner Scott Nordin said in a statement that the Zeldin campaign had sent and approved the piece with Nov. 5, but “the wrong file was printed.” A new run with the corrected date has been sent out, he said. Boyle said the campaign “caught that error before going to print and updated the proof, but the printer unfortunately ended up using the wrong version by accident.The campaign’s emails, Facebook ads, website landing page, have all referenced only the Nov 5 deadline, he said."

So, I guess PDQ Print is lying to help the Zeldin campaign.

"Generally speaking, mail-in votes tend to skew Republican, in part because mail-in voting is popular with older voters." https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/us/p ... terms.html

So, assuming arch-conservative New York Times is correct, Zeldin would be puprosefully suppressing the Republican vote by trying to trick them into voting late.

Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense. :fp:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:32 pm

It's problematic that I can't find politicians who treat their opponents with respect more often.

It's problematic that cultivating friendships 'across the aisle' is so rare and difficult.

Folks here call me alt-right. Fair enough, it's their label, so they can use it. It has nothing to do with how I vote though. It makes me feel too ashamed to ever publicly call myself a liberal, but the voting booth is a private moment. I'll do whatever I think best at that moment.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:58 pm

The violent left-wing Democrat mob is at it again.

FBI arrest members of white nationalist group on charges of intent to incite violence
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fb ... ce-n924006
Several members of the Rise Above Movement, or RAM, attended a "Make America Great Again" rally in Huntington Beach in March last year holding signs that read “Da Goyim Know," a Semitic phrase. Rally attendees attacked journalists and began fights with counter protesters. Laube, 22, was captured on camera attacking a journalist, according to a criminal complaint.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm

Because A does something wrong doesn't mean B also hasn't done something wrong. The existence of Left Wing violence does not imply an absence thereof by other political wings. Nobody denies that neonazi groups are violent. Some people seem to deny that left wing extremists commit and advocate violence.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm
Because A does something wrong doesn't mean B also hasn't done something wrong. The existence of Left Wing violence does not imply an absence thereof by other political wings. Nobody denies that neonazi groups are violent. Some people seem to deny that left wing extremists commit and advocate violence.
No one denies that left-wing violence exists, liar. However:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... g-violence
In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

The 1931 to 1932 crisis in Germany that culminated in Hitler’s takeover is a case in point. It centered on frequent street clashes between Nazi stormtroopers and Communists. Both sides took the offensive, marching into one another’s strongholds seeking to provoke fighting. However, the Nazis extended their violence to assaults on Jews, trade union activists, social democrats and politicians of any persuasion (including Catholic leaders in Bavaria) who opposed them. The Nazi strategy: to deliberately provoke street fighting, then blame it on the victims and call for strict measures to restore “order.”

The summer of 1932, just months before Hitler came to power, saw a spectacular wave of Nazi terror, explicitly recognized as such by newspapers all over Germany. But the Nazis portrayed themselves as victims, not perpetrators. The most well-known example is the case of Konrad Pietrzuch, a Communist of Polish extraction. On the night of Aug. 9, 1932, Nazi stormtroopers entered Pietrzuch’s home, brutally beat him and then shot him to death. The killers were apprehended and put on trial immediately by the government of Chancellor Franz von Papen. They were sentenced to death (though the sentences were later reduced to life in prison).

In an editorial in the Nazis’ newspaper Der Völkischer Beobachter, Hitler presented the murderers as martyrs responding to red terror, which he falsely claimed had killed hundreds of Nazi party members and injured tens of thousands. His chief propagandist Joseph Goebbels simply blamed the Jews.

More traditional German conservatives came to accept the Nazi narrative that the Communists and leftists in general represented a mortal threat to Germany. Von Papen himself used some of Hitler’s terminology, blaming Germany’s problems on “cultural Bolshevism” and calling for the establishment of a united national “folk community.” He went on to play a key role in Hitler’s appointment as chancellor.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm

So far, bombs have been sent to:

Clintons
Obamas
Soros
Eric Holder
Debbie Wasserman Schultz
John Brennan
Maxine Waters
CNN

See a pattern?

And we've got the fucking president calling Democrats "angry left-wing mob" at his fucking Nuremberg rallies.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 am

C'mon, who's buying the mainstream media narrative about these pipe bombs? People in the know have informed us that this is very likely one of the many false flag operations used by the left to throw shade on the righteous. I'm hoping that Galaxian will be along shortly to share some very convincing YouTube videos that will dispel all doubt.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 am

Yeah it's a Soros plot to energize the Democratic rank and file, get out the vote. Or Trump did it so antifa will respond violently and triggers Trumpennacht.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:03 am

So some people think this is genuine attacks on Democrats, and others think it is a plot by Democrats to make Republicans look bad? Is that it?

I won't speculate, yet, but what facts aren't being shared? That's always more interesting than what facts are shared.

I doubt either side did this officially, but either side has individuals who might have done it. Guess it isn't really about sides then, is it?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 am

Cunt wrote:

...others think it is a plot by Democrats to make Republicans look bad?...
Sure. In WW2, there were good arguments for each side... :roll:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:04 am

Cunt wrote:This reminds me of vegan hot dogs...if vegan or vegeterian food wasn't gross, why wouldn't they impersonate steak, or ice cream? No, it's always street meat they are striving to emulate...
Why do you find the absence of a single food group so troubling? Were you frightened by a parsnip as a child?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:02 pm
No one denies that left-wing violence exists, liar. However:
Nobody? That's not accurate. But, either way, it's good that we both acknowledge violence from left wing and right wing extremists.
Seabass wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:15 pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... g-violence
In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.
By the same argument, Holder's rhetoric of "kicking them when they go low..." and Maxine Waters rhetoric calling on her constituents to confront administration personnel wherever they are and "if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere ...." What kind of "narrative" does that set up, with CNN and the entire mainstream media carrying water for her and others. Hillary Clinton says she and her people won't be "civil" with Trump and Trump supporters, not until they win a majority. Until then, no civil behavior. A left winger brought a rifle to a softball game with the intent to kill as many Republican congressmen as he could and he almost killed Steve Scalise. The antifa mobs, who Democrats and CNN and the like support and defend, commit mob violence constantly, setting fires, hitting people, throwing stuff, turning over cop cars, punching horses, punching people, bringing clubs and bottles to use as weapons, and the like. We can talk about a lot of narratives, like how this administration sets up Auschwitz-like camps, and is literally Hitler - fascist - and the like.
) "Michele (Bachmann), slit your wrist. Go ahead... or, do us all a better thing [sic]. Move that knife up about two feet. Start right at the collarbone." -- Montel Williams

2) “F*ck that dude. I’ll smack that f*cker’s comb-over right off his f*cking scalp. Like, for real, if I met Donald Trump, I’d punch him in his f*cking face. And that’s not a joke. Even if he did become president — watch out, Donald Trump, because I will punch you in your f*cking face if I ever meet you. Secret Service had better just f*cking be on it. Don’t let me anywhere within a block.”– Rapper Everlast on Donald Trump

3) “I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow….I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Bill Maher

4) “I know how the ‘tea party’ people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their “Obama Plan White Slavery” signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads.” — The Washington Post’s Courtland Milloy

5) “F*** God D*mned Joe the God D*mned Motherf*cking plumber! I want Motherf*cking Joe the plumber dead.” — Liberal talk show host Charles Karel Bouley on the air.

6) “Are you angry? [Yeah!] Are you angry? [Yeah!] Are you angry? [Yeah!] Well, we’ve been watching intifada in Palestine, we’ve been watching an uprising in Iraq, and the question is that what are we doing? How come we don’t have an intifada in this country? Because it seem to me, that we are comfortable in where we are, watching CNN, ABC, NBC, Fox, and all these mainstream… giving us a window to the world while the world is being managed from Washington, from New York, from every other place in here in San Francisco: Chevron, Bechtel, [Carlyle?] Group, Halliburton; every one of those lying, cheating, stealing, deceiving individuals are in our country and we’re sitting here and watching the world pass by, people being bombed, and it’s about time that we have an intifada in this country that changes fundamentally the political dynamics in here. And we know every – They’re gonna say some Palestinian being too radical — well, you haven’t seen radicalism yet.” U.C. Berkeley Lecturer Hatem Bazian fires up the crowd at an anti-war rally by calling for an American intifada

7) "That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida. Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks." -- Rep. Paul Kanjorski, D-Pa

8) “..And then there’s Rumsfeld who said of Iraq ‘We have our good days and our bad days.’ We should put this S.O.B. up against a wall and say ‘This is one of our bad days’ and pull the trigger. Do you want to salvage our country? Be a savior of our country? Then vote for John Kerry and get rid of the whole Bush Bunch.” — From a fund raising ad put out by the St. Petersburg Democratic Club

9) “Republicans don’t believe in the imagination, partly because so few of them have one, but mostly because it gets in the way of their chosen work, which is to destroy the human race and the planet. Human beings, who have imaginations, can see a recipe for disaster in the making; Republicans, whose goal in life is to profit from disaster and who don’t give a hoot about human beings, either can’t or won’t. Which is why I personally think they should be exterminated before they cause any more harm.” — The Village Voice’s Michael Feingold, in a theater review of all places
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhaw ... s-n2341401

Maddonna talks about blowing up the white house.

No need to discuss one-upmanship or have a pissing contest. I don't like Republicans or conservatives. Or "the far right" and I don't dispute that the "Far right" is violent sometimes. That's the home of Nazis, fascists, racist groups and the like, and they have violent elements.
Nobody is directly responsible for a shooting except the shooter, and nobody throws a brick except the person who picks it up. No side has a monopoly on political violence. There are loonies at the fringes of every political movement — mentally ill, perturbed and paranoid — who can be stirred toward violence or dissuaded from it.

But when we have Democratic senators accusing political opponents of murder, when our college campuses descend into assault zones for conservative speakers (or those who defend them), when our major cities become playgrounds for far-left rioters and the news media gloss over it, we move toward a more violent and fractured society, not a safer one.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:34 am

laklak wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 am
Yeah it's a Soros plot to energize the Democratic rank and file, get out the vote. Or Trump did it so antifa will respond violently and triggers Trumpennacht.
I was wondering why none of the devices worked. Has anyone published confirmation that they were, in fact, bombs, or are they still just "suspicious packages." I've seen pictures. I thought one had an ISIS flag on it, but I don't know if that's fake or real, and I have no idea why ISIS or ISIS-ilk would target only Democrats.

It strikes me that whoever did it, didn't want the suspicious packages to go off. Either that, or they are really inept at rigging explostives.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:41 am

Seabass wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:30 pm

And we've got the fucking president calling Democrats "angry left-wing mob" at his fucking Nuremberg rallies.
Many Democrats and other anti-Trumpians have said they're angry, very angry - and suffering from PTSD and and depression and anxiety from the mere fact that he was elected, so much so that they either wanted to blow up the white house, move out of the country, or set about driving out Trump administration officials from polite society. There have been mobs in the streets, violence against Trump supporters, and the tactics used, say in the Kavanaugh hearing for example, were dirty tricks and mob tactics. Mobs rioted outside the supreme court building, and you can see videos of them pounding on the doors and trying to pry the doors open to get in. There calls from congresswomen, like Maxine Waters, to give administration officials no peace and tell them they are "not welcome" in restaurants and even their own neighborhoods, and talking in circles she called for a mob to form (not using that word) when trump officials are sighted. Mitch McConnell couldn't sit down with his wife for a sandwich without being harassed, and sarah sanders was famously driven out of a restaurant and harassed in the streat, and Candace Owens was hounded by white, middle class protesters mobbing her and calling her a racist and white supremacist (she's black). A leftist pro-abortion protester roundhouse kicked a woman in the face because she was anti-abortion. Portland - mobs attack and harass citizens as they try to get through town and block traffic. College campuses were on fire and windows broken by bricks, bike locks swung, bottles broken, antifa rioting, police attacked, police horses attacked. A mob mentality for sure.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:53 pm

Biden got one too, with a "postage due" sticker.

I don't care who you are, that's funny.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.