Even more problematic stuff

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Even more problematic stuff

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:35 pm

Now apply that reasoning and those kind of conditions to Mr Kavanaugh's testimony -- 'he wasn't lying but he wasn't telling the truth' etc -- and tell us why he should given a pass on his inconsistencies?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:20 pm
... she admitted to not telling the truth about material
Where? We're citing sources and quotes here. So cite a source and quote Swetnick admitting to lying or admitting to not telling the truth. Perhaps you're correct, but you've established this requirement, and should adhere to it yourself.
Forty Two wrote:
I believe he meant that he wasn't at a similar party in the same place or a place that fits the description given by Ford, where the same or similar things occurred fitting the description given by Ford. Ford described ore than a small gathering on a summer DAY - not evening - DAY at a residence where drinking took place, and specific people were there, and the house was in a general location relative to her home and the club she was swimming at. She described certain things happening at the party. He said he didn't go to a party like that.
'Timmy's house' was in the Bethesda area. Blasey Ford said that the gathering took place in the Bethesda area. She described a small gathering where people were drinking. Kavanaugh testified that he attended such gatherings, and his calendar confirms that. As far as I can see, the primary difference between Kavanaugh's description of events and Blasey Ford's is that she describes a sexual assault which he denies. Other than that, no appreciable difference. Kavanaugh was at at least one gathering 'like' the one Blasey Ford described. He lied when he said that he wasn't. You are incorrect in your assertion that Blasey Ford said that the gathering took place during the day. I cited a source and quoted her exact words, but in your zeal to discredit her you apparently failed to read them. Again:
In the transcript of Blasey Ford's testimony you will find the following:
One evening that summer, after a day of diving at the club, I attended a small gathering at a house in the Bethesda area. There were four boys I remember specifically being there: Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, a boy named P.J., and one other boy whose name I cannot recall.
Forty Two wrote:
How can a fucking federal judge say "I never went to a party like...X" - but then in the next fucking breath - the same testimony - within sentences of each other - say that he regularly went to parties with friends and drank and say that he had a calendar which showed it?

A fucking federal judge is just as capable of fucking lying as any other fucking human being. Kavanaugh lied. He's being misleading when he describes 'parties on weekends.' His own calendar shows that he did attend a small gathering which didn't take place on a weekend and at which people were drinking. Please describe what you believe are specific differences between Blasey Ford's description and the Thursday 'Timmy's for skis' which support his assertion that he never attended a gathering like Blasey Ford described.
Forty Two wrote:
Dr. Ford did not attend one of those schools. She attended an independent private school named Holton-Arms and she was a year behind me. She and I did not travel in the same social circles. It is possible that we met at some point at some events, although I do not recall that. To repeat, all of the people identified by Dr. Ford as being present at the party have said they do not remember any such party ever happening.
So he's describing what he means by "like" -- different people - different social circles. Different places.
Blasey Ford dated one of the people listed on the calendar who went to Timmy's for skis. 'Different social circles' that undeniably intersected, despite Kavanaugh's attempt to put distance between his circle and Blasey Ford. There were more people than Blasey Ford was able to recall, but the ones she named were all in attendance at Timmy's. Timmy's was in the Bethseda area, just as she said. Kavanaugh's lame attempt to deny the accuracy of what Blasey Ford remembers is no more convincing than your defence of it. Note that his story changed between the statement quoted above and his insistence elsewhere that all the people Blasey Ford mentioned said that it 'never happened.' One of those characterizations is a lie, pure and simple.
Forty Two wrote:
Is that really what you think he was denying? Never having been in a house with several people where drinks were served? Come on, man.
What do you believe he's denying? The people Ford mentioned were at the July 1 gathering. The club and Timmy's house are both in the Bethesda area. The fact that she failed to remember others that were there doesn't mean that she's lying. On the other hand, Kavanaugh says he never attended a gathering 'like' the one she described. He's equivocating. If he were being absolutely truthful, he would have said 'precisely like' the one she described, because the July 1 gathering was indeed 'like' the one she described, and the intervening years would have blurred details. He knows from consulting his calendar that the July 1 'Timmy's' thing was like the gathering that Blasey Ford described; he's lying, and he depended on compliant stooges like Lindsey Graham to defend his lie. On the other hand if Blasey Ford had given all the precise details of a gathering over 3 decades ago I would suspect that she'd been coached.
Forty Two wrote:
I'm not going into links to hunt down what you think the "lies" are - quote him. A lie he told must be something he actually said. Not some interpretation of it by "Slate" (LOL).
Given sources you yourself have cited previously on this site, your sneering at Slate is hypocritical. The article I linked quotes Kavanaugh's lie:
All four witnesses who were alleged to be at the event said it didn’t happen. Including Dr. Ford’s long-time friend, Ms. Keyser, who said that she didn’t know me and that she does not recall ever being at a party with me, with or without Dr. Ford.

And you know, yeah, and it’s been investigated and all four witnesses say it didn’t happen.
As I pointed out, this is a lie; a demonstrable lie told by Kavanaugh. None of these people 'said it didn't happen.' A 'fucking federal judge' knows the difference between 'do not recall' and 'did not happen.' Most blatantly, as I already pointed out, contrary to Keyser saying the gathering didn't happen, she said that she believes Blasey Ford. You can keep tap-dancing all you want. Kavanaugh lied. A 'fucking federal judge' who is now sitting on the US Supreme Court lied during a US Senate confirmation hearing.
Forty Two wrote:
No lies there. Are there? Which statement?
I didn't say that answer was a lie, I said that it was evasive, which it clearly was.
Forty Two wrote:
No no - you can't change the question. The question was "stolen." If you change it to "obtained" that changes the question.
I'm not the one who's quibbled about terminology here, you are. If I see $500 on your desk in plain view and I take it, I've stolen it, regardless of whether you properly protected it or not. Miranda found unprotected information on a server and took it. He had no more right to that information than I have to the $500. That issue is irrelevant here though.

Kavanaugh denied knowing about the matter of information obtained from Democratic staff. The emails released by Leahy show Kavanaugh receiving that information, including information described as coming from memos drafted by Democratic staff. He lied about that in two hearings before the US Senate. He also lied about being involved in the handling of Pryor's nomination, as the documents released by Leahy show.

I predict that you will never admit Kavanaugh has ever lied, and will continue to take every opportunity to talk about his accusers as if they were somehow more important than he is. You are complacent in your support of him, which isn't all that surprising--on this site you consistently parrot the Trump party line, regardless of how ridiculous it is.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:11 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:.... You are complacent in your support of him, which isn't all that surprising--on this site you consistently parrot the Trump party line, regardless of how ridiculous it is.
:qft:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 pm
Forty Two wrote:
... she admitted to not telling the truth about material
Where? We're citing sources and quotes here. So cite a source and quote Swetnick admitting to lying or admitting to not telling the truth. Perhaps you're correct, but you've established this requirement, and should adhere to it yourself.
I did. I provided links. How many times do I have to do it? The literal words she spoke in her NBC news interview contradict the statements made in her affidavit, and I cited a particular paragraph in the affidavit. NBC News reporter Kate Snow stated "NBC News, for the record, has not been able to independently verify her claims. There are things she told us on camera that differ from her written statements last week," Snow reported earlier in the segment.

She also accused Kavanaugh of spiking drinks and giving them to girls but could not say whether she ever saw it happen. To NBC News she said "Well, I saw him giving red Solo cups to quite a few girls during that time frame and there was green punch at those parties," Swetnick said. "And I would not take one of those glasses from Brett Kavanaugh. I saw him around the punch, I won't say bowls, or the punch containers... I don't know what he did, but I saw him by them." - so, that means her claim that Kavanaugh spiked drinks and gave them to girls was a lie - she has no personal knowledge of that - she does not know what he did - her knowledge was of Kavanaugh standing by some kind of drink, and handing plastic cups to people. https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/25/mich ... nick-false When a person tells one story at time A and then at time A+n tells a contradictory story, then one of those stories (or both) must be false.

Also, I did not "establish this requirement" of offering proof for claims made.

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I believe he meant that he wasn't at a similar party in the same place or a place that fits the description given by Ford, where the same or similar things occurred fitting the description given by Ford. Ford described ore than a small gathering on a summer DAY - not evening - DAY at a residence where drinking took place, and specific people were there, and the house was in a general location relative to her home and the club she was swimming at. She described certain things happening at the party. He said he didn't go to a party like that.
'Timmy's house' was in the Bethesda area. Blasey Ford said that the gathering took place in the Bethesda area. She described a small gathering where people were drinking. Kavanaugh testified that he attended such gatherings, and his calendar confirms that. As far as I can see, the primary difference between Kavanaugh's description of events and Blasey Ford's is that she describes a sexual assault which he denies. Other than that, no appreciable difference. Kavanaugh was at at least one gathering 'like' the one Blasey Ford described. He lied when he said that he wasn't. You are incorrect in your assertion that Blasey Ford said that the gathering took place during the day. I cited a source and quoted her exact words, but in your zeal to discredit her you apparently failed to read them. Again:
The attorney asking Ford questions held up a scale drawing showing the proximity of the alleged house to the club where Ford said she was swimming. Ford's own testimony excludes Timmy's house. Ford said she was swimming the the Columbia club in Bethesda, but Gaudette's house is in Rockville MD. A different city.

Kavanaugh testified, of course, that he attended gatherings of people where they were drinking. He said that in the same opening statement - a couple of sentences away from sayhing "I wasn't at a party like the one described by Ford." It was in his opening statement. Not in response to questioning that revealed, aha! you WERE at a party "like" the one Ford described. No - he said "I wasn't at a party like that..." but he testified in the same breath that he was at lots of parties. All parties are gatherings of people. He never denied being at small parties. Not all small parties are "like" the one described by Ford.

He wasn't just at "at least one gathering " of small numbers of people. He was REGULARLY at such parties. He said so. Those are not "like" the ones described by Ford.

Regarding the location of the part - she had originally told the Washington Post that the attack took place at a house not far from the country club.https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... b2012d0051 Ford backtracked in her Senate testimony, saying: “I would describe [the house] as it's somewhere between my house and the country club in that vicinity that’s shown in your picture." Between her house and the country club. Timmy Gaudette's house is not in that area, not at all. Rockville is not between the country club and Ford's house.

L'Emmerdeur wrote:

Forty Two wrote:
How can a fucking federal judge say "I never went to a party like...X" - but then in the next fucking breath - the same testimony - within sentences of each other - say that he regularly went to parties with friends and drank and say that he had a calendar which showed it?

A fucking federal judge is just as capable of fucking lying as any other fucking human being. Kavanaugh lied. He's being misleading when he describes 'parties on weekends.' His own calendar shows that he did attend a small gathering which didn't take place on a weekend and at which people were drinking. Please describe what you believe are specific differences between Blasey Ford's description and the Thursday 'Timmy's for skis' which support his assertion that he never attended a gathering like Blasey Ford described.
Dude - you have to think here - read his testimony. I quoted it. IN HIS OPENING STATEMENT he says BOTH that he was at a lot of high school parties (and they included other small gatherings) and he mentioned the calendar - which he read and knows what's on it, including the July 1, date - and he says in the same breath that he wasn't at a party LIKE the one described by ford. There ARE, in fact, differences between those parties. Different location, different people in attendance, etc. He doesn't consider them "like" each other. If that's the strongest "lie" you've got, your case is very very weak.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

Forty Two wrote:
Dr. Ford did not attend one of those schools. She attended an independent private school named Holton-Arms and she was a year behind me. She and I did not travel in the same social circles. It is possible that we met at some point at some events, although I do not recall that. To repeat, all of the people identified by Dr. Ford as being present at the party have said they do not remember any such party ever happening.
So he's describing what he means by "like" -- different people - different social circles. Different places.
Blasey Ford dated one of the people listed on the calendar who went to Timmy's for skis. 'Different social circles' that undeniably intersected, despite Kavanaugh's attempt to put distance between his circle and Blasey Ford. There were more people than Blasey Ford was able to recall, but the ones she named were all in attendance at Timmy's.
absolutely note. Absolutely not. Neither Leland Keyser nor Blasey Ford were in attendance at Timmy's. Only boys were in attendance at the post-workout meet-up for "skis" at Timmy's. Leland Keyser was not there.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Timmy's was in the Bethseda area, just as she said. Kavanaugh's lame attempt to deny the accuracy of what Blasey Ford remembers is no more convincing than your defence of it. Note that his story changed between the statement quoted above and his insistence elsewhere that all the people Blasey Ford mentioned said that it 'never happened.' One of those characterizations is a lie, pure and simple.
No! Not at all "just as she said." Timmy's house was in ROCKVILLE which was not between Ford's house and the country club. She looked at a drawing of the area with the countryclub marked and her house marked and specifically, unequivocally, testified that it was between those points. Rockville was not between those points. Tim Gaudette's house was not between those points.

It's not a lie to say that an event that nobody remembers happening didn't happen. The only person who says it did happen is Ford. Nobody else remembers anything about it. That's corroboration for Kavanaugh's position, not Ford's.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Is that really what you think he was denying? Never having been in a house with several people where drinks were served? Come on, man.
What do you believe he's denying? The people Ford mentioned were at the July 1 gathering.
No they were not. You keep saying that, but it just is not true. At least one - Leland Keyser - was not there at all. She also does not name Tim Gaudette. So, you're trying to say that the party Ford describes was at Tim Gaudette's house in Rockville Maryland, when Ford describes the party as taking place at a house between the country club and her home, AND she does not include Tim Gaudette among the attendees.

I think he's denying being at a party like the one she described, but that he went to other gatherings of several people where drinking occurred which were not like the one she described.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
The club and Timmy's house are both in the Bethesda area.
Timmy's house is in Rockville, MD, and Ford described the house party as occurring between the club and her own home, which cannot be Timmy's house. She also did not name Timmy among the attendees, and did not name him as the host of the party. She remembers PJ being there at someone's house, but not at the house of the person at whose house the party occurred? In any case - Timmy's house is not where Ford said the party was.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

The fact that she failed to remember others that were there doesn't mean that she's lying.
Never said it would. And she said one other person was there who she does not remember. She did not say there were others there. The fact that she changed the year it occurred means she's not telling the truth about the year -- her psychologist notes say that she was the victim of an "attempted rape" in her "late teens" and she originally described the event as taking place in the mid-1980s, when she would have been in her late teens. She also changed the description of the interior of the house. She changed the location of the house. And her story about the second front door is not true, because at the time she talked about the event to the psychologist, the second front door had already been there for years. So, those things mean she's not telling the truth about those things.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

On the other hand, Kavanaugh says he never attended a gathering 'like' the one she described.
And, you know he attended a party "like" the one described? At a location between the country club and Ford's home? With Leland Keyser and the others in attendance? At a house with the layout described (in fluctuating stories) by Ford? Where he and Judge jumped a girl upstairs and the girl ran out of the house in front of everyone without saying a word and nobody cared? Like that one?
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

He's equivocating. If he were being absolutely truthful, he would have said 'precisely like' the one she described, because the July 1 gathering was indeed 'like' the one she described,
In your opinion. However, if we view it that way, than any gathering of a few people is "like" that. And, that's not accurate, of course. Small gatherings have differences between them.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
and the intervening years would have blurred details. He knows from consulting his calendar that the July 1 'Timmy's' thing was like the gathering that Blasey Ford described; he's lying,
He knows it's NOT like the one Blasey Ford described, because it was a post-workout get together at Timmy's for skis with his close friends. It was not a coed get together over by the Country Club with Leland Keyser, Blasey Ford, PJ and Judge and another kid where Judge and Kavanaugh had been drinking extensively before Ford arrived.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:

and he depended on compliant stooges like Lindsey Graham to defend his lie. On the other hand if Blasey Ford had given all the precise details of a gathering over 3 decades ago I would suspect that she'd been coached.
LOL - well, if leaving out precisely the details that could substantiate or falsify the claims made is precisely what you expect from people making very serious allegations, decades later, then that's your expectation. For me? I'd expect that if it was at Tim Gaudette's house, Tim Gaudette would be one of the people she'd remember being there, and she would also place the location of the party where Tim Gaudette's house was. I would also expect that she'd recall how she got to the party - since she knows she was driven there by car, and how she got home from the party at which she was just earth-shatteringly attempted raped and felt she would almost die. Instead she says she ran out of the house in front of everyone without saying anything (and nobody cared to say anything about it to her later) and she ran outside and somehow got home, even though she was miles from home and miles from the country club and there are no cell phones, but she does remember that she was driven home. Really? Family member? Stranger? Neighbor?
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I'm not going into links to hunt down what you think the "lies" are - quote him. A lie he told must be something he actually said. Not some interpretation of it by "Slate" (LOL).
Given sources you yourself have cited previously on this site, your sneering at Slate is hypocritical. The article I linked quotes Kavanaugh's lie:
All four witnesses who were alleged to be at the event said it didn’t happen. Including Dr. Ford’s long-time friend, Ms. Keyser, who said that she didn’t know me and that she does not recall ever being at a party with me, with or without Dr. Ford.

And you know, yeah, and it’s been investigated and all four witnesses say it didn’t happen.
As I pointed out, this is a lie; a demonstrable lie told by Kavanaugh. None of these people 'said it didn't happen.'
If all the people supposedly at a party say they have no recollection of it, then it's fair to say that they say it didn't happen. Leland Keyser said she had no recollection of that party and does not know Kavanaugh. And you're summation of PJ's version is wrong too - he swore under oath - "I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as 'PJ' who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post," Smyth says in his statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh." He did not just say he "doesn't remember." He has no knowledge of the party in question. Pretty solid refutation.

So, you're persuaded by Leland Keyser who doesn't know Brett Kavanaugh and has no memory of any gathering where Kavanaugh was present with her. And, PJ has no knowledge of the party.

I asked you to name a lie that you can quote from his testimony. And, this is what your best one is, I guess. He said they said "it didn't happen..." rather than "we have no idea what she's talking about..." lol

L'Emmerdeur wrote:

A 'fucking federal judge' knows the difference between 'do not recall' and 'did not happen.' Most blatantly, as I already pointed out, contrary to Keyser saying the gathering didn't happen, she said that she believes Blasey Ford. You can keep tap-dancing all you want. Kavanaugh lied. A 'fucking federal judge' who is now sitting on the US Supreme Court lied during a US Senate confirmation hearing.
Sure - and the difference between "has no knowledge of" and "do not recall."

Someone without any knowledge of any of the events or allegations in question "believes" Blasey Ford. So? Who's tap-dancing? You.

He didn't lie - it's not a lie to characterize the testimony of everyone else other than an accuser saying they have no knowledge of the events in question as them saying it didn't happen.

Even Kavanaugh doesn't deny Ford may have been assaulted. He can't say otherwise. Maybe she was. He denies it was him.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
No lies there. Are there? Which statement?
I didn't say that answer was a lie, I said that it was evasive, which it clearly was.
Well, that's an important distinction. Evading a question is different than lying.
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
No no - you can't change the question. The question was "stolen." If you change it to "obtained" that changes the question.
I'm not the one who's quibbled about terminology here, you are. If I see $500 on your desk in plain view and I take it, I've stolen it, regardless of whether you properly protected it or not. Miranda found unprotected information on a server and took it. He had no more right to that information than I have to the $500. That issue is irrelevant here though.
Not accurate. If two parties share a computer, the fact that a person puts information on there unprotected doesn't mean if other people view it or print it that it's "stolen." Generally, if you share a computer with someone and store information on there without it being read protected, then anyone with access to the computer is freely allowed to read it.

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Kavanaugh denied knowing about the matter of information obtained from Democratic staff. The emails released by Leahy show Kavanaugh receiving that information, including information described as coming from memos drafted by Democratic staff. He lied about that in two hearings before the US Senate. He also lied about being involved in the handling of Pryor's nomination, as the documents released by Leahy show.

I predict that you will never admit Kavanaugh has ever lied, and will continue to take every opportunity to talk about his accusers as if they were somehow more important than he is. You are complacent in your support of him, which isn't all that surprising--on this site you consistently parrot the Trump party line, regardless of how ridiculous it is.
I will admit that you haven't identified a single untruth, much less a lie, that Kavanaugh actually uttered. And, I admit that you call things lies which are mischaracterizations and/or different characterizations of testimony which may or may not be reasonable interpretations, and you think those different characterizations and interpretations of what he says means that he's lying. I see that quite clearly.

I am quite sure that Kavanaugh has lied in his life, many times. He's human. Everybody lies.

I am "complacent" in my support of him? Ridiculous.

And, oh, fuck off with the "parroting party lines" -- you have no business making that accusation, given the party lines you parrot. Give me an issue, and I bet I can come reasonably close to your view on almost anything, because I know whose team you bat for. You wouldn't give Kavanaugh credit for anything, because you started off the process knowing who you wanted to win. That's the opposite of me - as I will say even to this day that Kavanaugh is not, substantively, the Justice I would have liked to see appointed to the SCOTUS ever. I oppose him on substantive grounds and I would have no problem seeing him not confirmed, on substantive grounds. Same thing with the next in line - Amy Kony Barrett. She's even worse than Kavanaugh. I would have loved to see a different, more civil libertarian judge be appointed to the SCOTUS.

However, I cannot abide by the horseshit that the Democrats obviously, and so clearly tried to pull over on us here. And, we cannot pick Justices like this, based on "believing" victims and presumptions that accusers don't lie and dredging up 3 decade old allegations that cannot be substantiated, and wasting Senate committee time asking about what innuendo -laden yearbook quotes mean.[/quote]
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:45 pm

I wonder what Avenetti will say about 'believe all women' now...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:57 pm

:roll: Challenging what Kavanaugh said and presented to the committee is the not the preserve of Democrats, or something limited solely to the party line of the Democratic party. In fact, Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with the inconsistencies in Kavanaugh's testimony, or the declarations he made on behalf of others, nor his failure to account for contradictory elements of his testimony and the material evidence he provided. To assume otherwise simply entrenches the unhealthily sectarian nature of US politics.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Would you, Brian Peacock, be as careful evaluating Ford's side of things? Or is that careful evaluation only good for Kavanaugh?

He didn't say anything I thought was a lie, and lots of people have tried to convince me that he did. I was convinced that the accusations were done tactically, to have the greatest political effect. I am also convinced that the best witness they had (Ford) was so incoherent that her accusation should never have made it out of Tumblr.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:32 pm

If it was political theater orchestrated by Pelosi et. al. then they sure ain't impresarios, are they? Zero chance of a Tony award. PT Barnum did better with a half a fish and half a monkey.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:24 pm

They impressed the hell out of plenty of people, laklak. Lots are still claiming he is a rapist based on the show.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Just for some perspective, this other city, Rockville, yeah, it's a whopping 12 miles from the country club to the northernmost street I could find in that city. :lol:

I'm jealous of the northeast for this very reason man. When they talk about having to drive to another city they really just mean up the road! --bastids, try living in Texas.

edit: I'm guessing Timmy didn't live on the northernmost street. I'm not sure where Ford lived. Maybe 42 can post that information so we can judge for ourselves how far off her "between" comment really is.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Fucking Texas, man. You drive for like 4 days and you're still in Texas. Florida is pretty big north to south, about 12 hours from Key West to Niceville on the Alabama border by the fastest route. Drive 12 hours in Texas and you aren't out of the Houston suburbs yet.

OK I'm exaggerating, but it's fucking big.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:57 pm
:roll: Challenging what Kavanaugh said and presented to the committee is the not the preserve of Democrats, or something limited solely to the party line of the Democratic party. In fact, Democrats have absolutely nothing to do with the inconsistencies in Kavanaugh's testimony, or the declarations he made on behalf of others, nor his failure to account for contradictory elements of his testimony and the material evidence he provided. To assume otherwise simply entrenches the unhealthily sectarian nature of US politics.
His testimony hasn't been inconsistent, but Ford's has.

His "declaration on behalf of others" is merely to say that Leland, Judge, and PJ all said they don't have any knowledge of it. He at one point in his testimony characterized that as them saying it didn't happen. That's not a lie.

Failure to account for contradictory elements? There haven't been any contradictory elements of his testimony or the material evidence.

The so-called inconsistencies all amount to "we don't believe what he says he meant by devil's triangle..." or "he said he never blacked out, but the reality is he drank to excess a lot." Do you see how those are not demonstrated lies?

When Ford says in one version that she told her psychologist that she got a second door on her house because of this, and the fact is - verified fact - is that she had that door years prior to talking to the psychologist and it was to be a door so strangers could live in her house -- do you see how that IS a misstatement of fact? Not true? She did not, in fact, see a psychologist with her husband because of her desire to get a new front door. That wasn't true. Don't you agree?

And, what about the changing location of the house? What about the changing date range of the event? She told her psychologist that she was assaulted "in her late teens" and "in the mid 1980s, and then changed that to 1982 (which was not her late teens and not the early 80s). Then she changed the internal layout of the house - in one version it's one way, and in another it's a different way.

She claims she was swimming all day at the club, had no driver license, and so someone drove her to this house. She doesn't remember who that was. She's dropped off, and goes in and gets a beer. She drinks only some of that beer, and then has to pee. So she's only there a short time, and then she's running out the door in front of everyone without saying a word. Nobody asks her about it - ever - not even her friend Leland ("hey, Blasey, what happened to you yesterday [or the other day]? You just ran down the stairs and ran out the door?" - Judge and Kavanaugh had come down the stairs moments before drunk and stumbling and laughing, right before Blasey comes running and heads straight out the door - miles from home - no way to get anywhere - and nobody remembers asking Judge or Kavanaugh what happened up there?

And, according to Ford, Leland would have no reason to remember anything about that night. Just a ho-hum night. She, PJ and whoever's house it was were down in the living room talking -- that's per Ford's own testimony - and then Ford runs through the living room and out the front door. Leland, her friend, thinks nothing of it? Your friend bolts out of a party she just got to about half-a-beer and a pee ago, and that's unremarkable? PJ doesn't notice. The owner of the house doesn't notice.

And, she's out in the street, and somehow gets home. She testifies someone drove her. But, she has no idea who that was. One of the most traumatic instances of her life leaves her stranded in the street miles from home. Either someone she knew happened by and saw her, or she used a stranger's phone to call someone, or she just walked for miles on her own.

Imagine if this thing actually did occur at Tim Gaudette's house in Rockville, as some are trying to argue here. She'd be about 12 miles from home in a town she doesn't live in. She runs out of Timmy's house, and somehow gets home ,but she has no idea - not only doesn't she know how she got home, to this day she has never said it WAS at Tim Gaudette's house, and therefore if the "Timmy's house" theory is true, even after being reminded of Tim Gaudette, and the location and appearance of Tim's house - it doesn't even jog her memory. Instead, pro-Ford folks are saying maybe it was Timmy's house, and that makes Kavanaugh a liar because he had a get together at Timmy's house in his book -- nevermind that Ford never says it even "could have" been Tim Gaudette's house.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:37 pm
Just for some perspective, this other city, Rockville, yeah, it's a whopping 12 miles from the country club to the northernmost street I could find in that city. :lol:

I'm jealous of the northeast for this very reason man. When they talk about having to drive to another city they really just mean up the road! --bastids, try living in Texas.

edit: I'm guessing Timmy didn't live on the northernmost street. I'm not sure where Ford lived. Maybe 42 can post that information so we can judge for ourselves how far off her "between" comment really is.
Yeah, I was born at Bethesda Naval Hospital when my Dad was still in the service. We moved to Texas when he retired, but I've been back to the area several times. Everything's close together, and public transportation's so good I'd skip renting a car.

I never did that in Texas. :biggrin:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 am

Boof.

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:17 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:54 pm
I provided links. How many times do I have to do it? The literal words she spoke in her NBC news interview contradict the statements made in her affidavit, and I cited a particular paragraph in the affidavit.
None of your links or quotes support your false claim that she admitted to lying or admitted to not telling the truth.
Forty Two wrote:
Ford's own testimony excludes Timmy's house. Ford said she was swimming the the Columbia club in Bethesda, but Gaudette's house is in Rockville MD. A different city.
Blasey Ford said that the incident occurred in a house in the Bethesda area, not in Bethesda proper. Rockville is in the Bethesda area, about 15 minutes' drive from the country club.
Forty Two wrote:
Timmy Gaudette's house is not in that area, not at all. Rockville is not between the country club and Ford's house.
That's correct. However Gaudette's house is not far from the country club--in fact Rockville is nearer to it than her own house, and she was unable to give a precise location.

We don't know whether the July 1 'Timmy's for skis' thing was where the incident may have occurred, but there are similarities between it and what Blasey Ford described.

1. A small gathering on a summer evening.
2. The location was in the Bethesda area.
3. People were drinking beer at this gathering.
4. All of boys Ford mentioned were at the 'Timmy's for skis' gathering.

Blasey Ford's recollections of the circumstances of the incident have been inconsistent, but that's to be expected. Decades have passed. One thing that she's certain of, and told people about long before Kavanaugh was nominated for the US Supreme Court, and that is that when they were teenagers, Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.
Forty Two wrote:
Different location, different people in attendance, etc. He doesn't consider them "like" each other.
I don't think that Kavanaugh never attended a gathering in the evening in the Bethesda area at which beer was being drunk. Nor do I think he never attended a gathering at which Mark Judge, P.J. and at least one other boy were also in attendance.
Forty Two wrote:
Absolutely not. Neither Leland Keyser nor Blasey Ford were in attendance at Timmy's. Only boys were in attendance at the post-workout meet-up for "skis" at Timmy's. Leland Keyser was not there.
Only boys are listed on Kavanaugh's calendar, but you have no way of knowing whether they were the only people there. The fact is that Blasey Ford had dated one of the boys in Kavanaugh's social circle, and could very well have been at that gathering.
Forty Two wrote:
It's not a lie to say that an event that nobody remembers happening didn't happen.
However, it is a lie to say that people who've said that they don't recall an event have said that the event 'never happened.' That is precisely the lie that Kavanaugh told.
Forty Two wrote:
No they were not. You keep saying that, but it just is not true. At least one - Leland Keyser - was not there at all.
You don't know that. Neither Keyser nor Blasey Ford are listed on Kavanaugh's calendar but as I pointed out previously, it could very well be that he only considered his close male friends worthy of noting on the calendar.
Forty Two wrote:
I'd expect that if it was at Tim Gaudette's house, Tim Gaudette would be one of the people she'd remember being there, and she would also place the location of the party where Tim Gaudette's house was.
That's assuming that she knew Gaudette. Again, we don't know whether the July 1 gathering was the one where she was assaulted, but there are enough similarities that Kavanaugh's denial that he'd ever been to a gathering 'like' she described is highly questionable. Using the standard you've been applying to Blasey Ford, I would call it a lie.
Forty Two wrote:
If all the people supposedly at a party say they have no recollection of it, then it's fair to say that they say it didn't happen.
Forty Two wrote:
He didn't lie - it's not a lie to characterize the testimony of everyone else other than an accuser saying they have no knowledge of the events in question as them saying it didn't happen.
That's bullshit. 'I don't recall it' and 'it never happened' are two specifically different statements. Kavanaugh lied. You're willing to blatantly equivocate to defend Kavanaugh, but you hold his accusers to a very strict standard.
Forty Two wrote:
Generally, if you share a computer with someone and store information on there without it being read protected, then anyone with access to the computer is freely allowed to read it.
This was a server used by both Democratic and Republican staff. If I work for one company and you work for another in an open plan shared office space, I'm not 'freely allowed' to take $500 off your desk, nor am I 'freely allowed' to take confidential information that you happen to have left on that desk.

I quoted Kavanaugh in a hearing before the US Senate denying that he knew about 'any memos from the Democratic side.' The emails released by Leahy show that he lied when he said that, and lied about not being involved in Pryor's nomination.

Go ahead and type out another long-winded screed if you like. I've had enough of your double standard on this topic, and doubt that I'll bother to respond. This tiresome exchange started when I posted about continued harassment of Blasey Ford--you took that as an opportunity to once again point out what you consider lies she's told. It's well established that you believe she was lying, and also believe that Kavanaugh never lied to the Senate. There are inconsistencies in Blasey Ford's recollections, but I don't know whether she's lying or not.