17%

Total votes: 6

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Psuedoscience and educational institutions

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:46 pm
If you don't understand something I said, because of an apparent conflict, how about asking?

I mean, you could just assume I'm wrong, but isn't it just barely possible that I'm expressing something I feel two ways about?
OK, then explain how this:
Let me try from a different direction...I think the friends and family members I have who work in social work are doing important work, and trying their level best to treat people very well.
Meshes with this:
My friends are in the process of adopting some children from an indigenous community nearby. When they told me that they would be dealing with social workers, I told them to close ranks, treat them like enemies, and indeed, have called them the 'SS'. Those folks disagreed with me.
To produce this:

I think that all of them are very vulnerable to treating people horribly.

What happened at Huronia is an example of social work being done as best people can, without proper oversight. Institutional abuse is WAY worse than the individual kind.

You call them "SS" (an implicit reference to the Waffen-SS), exhort your friends to treat them as the enemy, and then follow on with your opinion that they're doing "important work" and "trying their level best."

Maybe I don't understand English as you know it, but to me that seems outright contradictory.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Because it IS outright contradictory.

Try it this way...some of the horrors decsribed as taking place at Huronia included sterilization of women, against their will.

It's fucking horrible. I saw an old woman weep for having lost her chance. It fucking SCARRED me, honestly.

Now, instead of thinking of her, and empathizing with her (as I hope you can) could you please empathize with the 'professional caregivers' who made that decision?

Can you not see how their aims, right and good, ended up achieving horrors?

I say that they need supervision. Terribly invasive supervision, with suspicion and distrust of humans at every step. I don't say this because I think they are terrible people, I say this because loving people will implement terrible decisions without that supervision.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm

OK, no I will not 'empathize' with the 'professional caregivers' who sterilized (and did things worse to) these people. It's bastardy of the highest level - if I weren't such a temperate man I'd advocate the same being done to them and their offspring. I have no sympathies for people who carry out programs of abuse against the mentally disabled. Fuck them and their families forever.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm
OK, no I will not 'empathize' with the 'professional caregivers' who sterilized (and did things worse to) these people. It's bastardy of the highest level - if I weren't such a temperate man I'd advocate the same being done to them and their offspring. I have no sympathies for people who carry out programs of abuse against the mentally disabled. Fuck them and their families forever.
A proud position, filled with noble tones.

How long did you work in these institutions?

If you never have, how much time have you spent in them, playing checkers and watching your neighbours to make sure they were doing well?

The institutions needed to be there. The 'professional caregivers' are still there, in institutions, doing their 'bastardy of the highest level'. Why not get involved?

I ask because it's a pretty safe bet that you haven't done a fucking thing about it. I have been on both sides of this. Worked with People First of Canada (an organization dedicated to closing institutions) and worked in institutions. Spoken with administrators of institutions. Both groups are people doing their best to treat people well. Do you honestly think one of the groups is doing harm on purpose?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 pm

They certainly did not 'need to be there,' those that worked there did not 'need to be there,' and they definitely do not need to be 'still there.'

As for involvement, I am involved.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Honestly, I'm beginning to doubt your sanity Cunt.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:47 pm

:lol: You've only just realised this..?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 am

Well, at least he's only a suspicion, I know a poster or two here who may be certifiably insane...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:31 am

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:22 am
Well, at least he's only a suspicion, I know a poster or two here who may be certifiably insane...
Besides me?

That would be too much of a coincidence.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:00 pm

There's no coincidence... I did not even think of you, you're not insane, you use an alternate form of logic.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Śiva wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:44 pm
They certainly did not 'need to be there,' those that worked there did not 'need to be there,' and they definitely do not need to be 'still there.'

As for involvement, I am involved.
Do you really think there is no need for institutions?

I prefer a community support model wherever it can work, but honestly don't know how it could be achieved.

Prisons, residential schools, old folks homes. All of these institutions are necessary, and each can be horrible.

Close supervision and oversight is the only hope of intervening on these matters in a timely fashion.

I understand you think institutions don't 'need to' still be used, but they ARE. Enough people disagree with you that it is still going on. Hay River just recently built an institution, AFTER Huronia was closed and apologized for. Your area (BC? will surely have institutions. If they aren't watched, they will turn horrible.

I'm not satisfied that we will always need institutions, but for now, they are a reality. Would you rather have them monitored? Or do as we did with Huronia, and let them provide care shielded from public scrutiny?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 pm

There are pretty tough inspection regimes here for homes for old people, children's homes and the like. Places get shut down now and again too.

Lessons learned from a long history of institutions harboring abusers of one sort or another.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:28 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:20 pm
There are pretty tough inspection regimes here for homes for old people, children's homes and the like. Places get shut down now and again too.

Lessons learned from a long history of institutions harboring abusers of one sort or another.
I would say those abuses happen a HELL of a lot less when families, communities are there backing up those inspections.

Nothing like a little sunlight to disinfect.

I wish we didn't need institutions at all - really I do. I just don't see how.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: