Abolish Nation States

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Re: Abolish Nation States

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:55 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:10 am
What would happen if we somehow convinced enough people in the world that nation states are illogical and that we are a single species and every human no matter where they are born deserves certain minimum standards and dignity? I don't have the numbers at hand, but I've seen it quoted that we could end world poverty with a trillion dollars, or something of that order. Let's say it was 10 trillion. The world economy generates that pretty easily. And even if it didn't, we could easily extract that much money from the rich in western societies. Would you be willing to live in a modest home with modest accoutrements (furniture, fittings, cars, technology, etc) if it meant that most of the poor in the world could live without crushing poverty and possibly even the same minimum standards as you?
Or, take a different direction.

'Inside Bannon's Plan to Hijack Europe for the Far-Right'
Steve Bannon plans to go toe-to-toe with George Soros and spark a right-wing revolution in Europe.

Trump’s former White House chief advisor told The Daily Beast that he is setting up a foundation in Europe called The Movement which he hopes will lead a right-wing populist revolt across the continent starting with the European Parliament elections next spring.

Bannon is convinced that the coming years will see a drastic break from decades of European integration. “Right-wing populist nationalism is what will happen. That’s what will govern,” he told The Daily Beast. “You're going to have individual nation states with their own identities, their own borders.”

The grassroots movements are already in place waiting for someone to maximize their potential. “It will be instantaneous—as soon as we flip the switch,” he said.

The sight of Brexit virtually upending the entire European Union with a campaign spending cap of £7 million ($9 million) was a great inspiration. “When they told me the spending cap was £7 million, I go, ‘You mean £70 million? What the fuck?!’ £7 million doesn’t buy anything. It doesn’t buy you Facebook data, it doesn’t buy you ads, it doesn’t do anything.”

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:31 pm

Another fascist cunt heading for the rope and lamp post.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Define "poverty". For 10 Trillion we could probably feed everybody, and maybe vaccinate them, maybe even get them some reasonably safe water. But if they all want 2 cars, air conditioning, a 200 square meter house, 100M internet, non-GMO gluten free uncured fair trade probiotic mochachino lattes, and Netflix then 10 trillion isn't a drop in the bucket. There are a literal shitton of people living in the most appalling conditions around the world, how we live isn't even a dream to them. Imagine the infrastructure necessary to bring all that Good Shit to equatorial Africa - power plants, transmission lines, fiber optic, roads, petrol stations, they don't have none of that stuff, or at least not enough to support even a fraction of their population in anything resembling First World comfort. Can't be done, lets just take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. Maybe when the rats evolve a technological civilization they'll do a better job then we ground apes have done.

And no, I'm not willing to downgrade my living standards so we can all get a grey Soviet style apartment and a cardboard Trabant. I'm a selfish cunt, I freely admit, and I don't really give much of a shit about other people. What did other ground apes ever do for me?

ETA I'll cut back to a 75M fiber optic internet connection, if that helps. I don't mind waiting a few seconds for Ratz to load if it means little Empi Mei Mei gets a ham sandwich on Sundays.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:44 pm

Tell us how you really feel, Lak..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:58 am

Better after a few beers and a joint.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.