Re: Women on top

Post by rainbow » Tue May 08, 2018 9:50 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:12 pm
rainbow wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:39 am
Cunt wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:39 pm

When you say 'dominate', do you mean getting more out of it (investing/owning/milking that fat 'cash cow'), or putting more into it (providing all that milk for free) such as users do?

No.

:doh: Work it out for yourself.
Yes Ma'am. Sorry to ask such questions where you might have to hear them...
No need to apologise, just don't expect us to do your thinking for you.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm

rainbow wrote:
Cunt wrote:

When you say 'dominate', do you mean getting more out of it (investing/owning/milking that fat 'cash cow'), or putting more into it (providing all that milk for free) such as users do?

No.

In all fairness, he's asking what you mean. That's generally something that's best explained by you, if you're interested in an discussion. If not, of course, you can just say that you've said what you're going to say. But, it's not possible to "work out" what you mean by "dominate" in that context, since you haven't explained your meaning.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue May 08, 2018 12:33 pm

It's fucking obvious what "dominate" means in this context. Cunt is trolling. Not surprised you can't see that.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm
rainbow wrote:
Cunt wrote:

No.

In all fairness, he's asking what you mean. That's generally something that's best explained by you, if you're interested in an discussion. If not, of course, you can just say that you've said what you're going to say. But, it's not possible to "work out" what you mean by "dominate" in that context, since you haven't explained your meaning.
I didn't say "dominate", pErv did.

At least make some attempt to follow the thread :smug:

That said the question was on the equivalent of asking:
When you say "red", do you mean green, or bluish yellow?
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 08, 2018 4:35 pm

"At least make some attempt to follow the thread" -- lol - well, if acting like that makes you feel better or superior then by all means.

Cunt responded to your post by asking you for your meaning. You could either respond and give him your meaning, or if it was not your word, just say "I didn't say dominate." Why is everything around here so often about how much of a dickbag the other person is. It's so often - "learn how to read!" -- "figure it out for yoursefl!" "you're stupid!" "You're a liar!"

And asking what someone means by "dominate" in this context is not the an absurd questions. One could even ask, using your color example, "what do you mean by red in this context?" One might mean fire engine red, scarlett, dark red, light red, whatever.

There is nothing wrong in a discussion board in asking "what do you mean?" What seems to happen is that people don't want to explain their meaning - they just want to say something and have it not explored. However, the same people that answer questions in snotty fashion like "go figure it out for yourself" in response to someone's request for an expansion on what one means by a given word usage are not shy about asking their own probing questions - demanding further explanation and argument - and challenging other people's argument.

What comes across is that certain folks here think they are the default position - privileged to announce their views without probative discussion and inquiry - while at the same time demanding extensive explanation of arguments and comments by others.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Fucks going on here.jpg
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:35 pm
"At least make some attempt to follow the thread" -- lol - well, if acting like that makes you feel better or superior then by all means.

Cunt responded to your post by asking you for your meaning.
You still can't get if fucking right. :fp: He responded to MY post, not rainbow's.
You could either respond and give him your meaning, or if it was not your word, just say "I didn't say dominate." Why is everything around here so often about how much of a dickbag the other person is. It's so often - "learn how to read!" -- "figure it out for yoursefl!" "you're stupid!" "You're a liar!"
It's because Cunt is a troll. He's not worth the respect of a serious reply. Stop whining, ffs. You hold this ridiculous position that everyone deserves respect, no matter how disingenuous or repugnant they are. When are you going to understand the concept that people need to earn respect, and that it's not automatically given?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 am

rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:30 pm
rainbow wrote:
Cunt wrote:

No.

I didn't say "dominate", pErv did.
Sure, but you're the one who responded to that by answering for him and saying "Work it out for yourself." http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 5#p1767654 - I didn't scroll back up and see that you were saying that in response to a question not posed to you. My bad.

rainbow wrote:
At least make some attempt to follow the thread :smug:

That said the question was on the equivalent of asking:
When you say "red", do you mean green, or bluish yellow?
[/quote]

The question isn't the equivalent of asking when you say red do you mean green or bluish yellow. However, if someone asks you "when you say red, do you mean green or bluish yellow?" you could just say "no, obviously because green and bluish yellow are not kinds of red." Done.a

I just don't get why these topics upset some of you so much that you have to react that way. Even if his question was stupid, he wasn't attacking you. He wasn't insulting you. What's the big deal?
Last edited by Forty Two on Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 09, 2018 10:35 am

Excellent quote-fu there... :lol:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 am
I just don't get why ...
Yes, correct you don't.
How could you?
:thinks:
...these topics upset some of you so much that you have to react that way. Even if his question was stupid, he wasn't attacking you. He wasn't insulting you.
It's impossible to insult me, Bwana.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Forty Two wrote:

The question isn't the equivalent of asking when you say red do you mean green or bluish yellow. However, if someone asks you "when you say red, do you mean green or bluish yellow?" you could just say "no, obviously because green and bluish yellow are not kinds of red."

Yes, it is equivalent.
The two alternatives given had nothing to do with getting an explanation, but were trying to draw the conversation into the swamp.
:prof: Trolls be there. :prof:

Pay attention. I'm not here to explain everything to you. :smug:
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Again with the snarky bullshit. Well, if you can't talk to people like a human being, so be it. Go on with your bad self...

You could just answer the question of what you mean by "dominate" and say that neither of the two alternatives offered were applicable. Why the hesitancy?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm
Forty Two wrote:
I just don't get why ...
Yes, correct you don't.
How could you?
:thinks:
...these topics upset some of you so much that you have to react that way. Even if his question was stupid, he wasn't attacking you. He wasn't insulting you.
It's impossible to insult me, Bwana.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu May 10, 2018 8:02 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:52 pm
Again with the snarky bullshit. Well, if you can't talk to people like a human being, so be it. Go on with your bad self...

...so I'm not human cos I'm black?

OK, I get it.
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm