Women on top

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Women on top

Post by Forty Two » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:38 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
So you are tone policing me. Can you get your story straight?
No, as noted above, I wasn't trying to defeat your argument or point of fact by means of an attack on your tone. You didn't make an argument or point of fact.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:45 pm

The definition that I'm working from, which I've already posted and you've quoted, says nothing about you trying to defeat an argument. It primarily concerns someone complaining about tone to avoid addressing what is being said.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 pm

You guys are making a lot of people's fingers sore, with all the rapid scrolling required...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:29 am

He makes my head sore..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Your mom.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:55 am

There is no patriarchy. These whiny Sino-feminists should shut the hell up and focus on helping the true victims of gender discrimination: men.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:08 am

I only wish, for 20 years of my life I had a job, the woman always eluded me
probably because she was too busy with her own job.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:14 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm
...Galaxian. You are an absolute legend. In years to come it will amaze my grandkids that I actually posted in the same threads as you. Your words are as a stream... shedding a golden light into the darkness.
My cherry-pick has done you proud. I know I'm an absolute legend, though I don't brag about it. And you're right, your grandkids will be amazed that you rubbed elbows with Galaxian; that's akin to knowing Einstein, Russell, or Voltaire. And though I knew them, you did not, since they died before you were born, and in any case, would have mixed in different circles.

As Isaiah said: "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts"

That may be called Isaiah's Law and referenced by Nicholas Rescher in the book 'Epistemetrics' :
"A fundamental law of epistemology is...that a mind of lesser power is for this very reason unable to understand adequately the working of a mind of greater power. To be sure, the weaker mind can doubtless realize that the stronger can solve problems that the lesser cannot. But it cannot understand how it is able to do so. An intellect that can only just manage to do well at tic-tac-toe cannot possibly comprehend the ways of one that is expert at chess. ..."

However, so long as you accept your station there is nothing to be ashamed of; it is simply a matter of fact, a random accident of birth. :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:19 am

:shock:

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:21 am

Rum wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you! :td: :tut: :cheers:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:22 am

FFS :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:36 am

Galaxian wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:21 am
Rum wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:19 am

Thank you! :td: :tut: :cheers:
Fuck off.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 am

Galaxian is very close to me in thinking on some points. Where I was five years ago is where he/she resides today. What a wild roller-coaster the next five years hold for such a profound thinking entity. To be five years younger...and be in that place again. :roll:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:51 am

Explains everything. :hehe:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:15 pm

cronus wrote:Galaxian is very close to me in thinking on some points. Where I was five years ago is where he/she resides today. What a wild roller-coaster the next five years hold for such a profound thinking entity. To be five years younger...and be in that place again. :roll:
He/She doesn't apply to Galaxian - Xe has evolved beyond such limiting human concepts.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT