Schizophrenia and religious delusions

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Schizophrenia and religious delusions

Post by Rum » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm

pErvinalia wrote:He might be off his meds.
Having read some of his other stuff, seen his videos and so forth I don't think we are talking schizophrenia - more like a weird combination of bi-polar disorder mixed with a major personality disorder (yes there is such a thing). The label doesn't really matter of course, but he is clearly quite mad that is for sure.

Edit: I should have read the Wiki page less swiftly. Says he was 'diagnosed with bipolar disorder, compounded by alcohol and substance abuse'.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:06 pm

About as stable as a bag full of rats in a burning meth lab.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:07 pm

John Nash had Schizophrenia but he was sane when doing his mathematics. I blame a 'religious' template being introduced by powerful carriers ie priests or religious fanatics for the runaway delusional thinking in Schizophrenia....obviously high functioning serious mental illness is gonna be a minority, especially in light of most becoming ill before they've even completed their basic education. Then they get nobbled by religious mania via trying to make rational sense of these LSD like experiences. As Rum knows there is no such thing as a general case of mental illness - every situation and every sufferer is unique. Although to a butcher all animals are the same after a while, sadly some mental health professionals are little more than that. So, anyway, the question is not whether someone is ill but what activities reduce the stress, known to trigger the symptoms in the schizophrenia both negative and positive, which by Nash's example is gonna be unique to each individual sufferer. Some painting might be worth a shot, others music and then some could be writing poetry or even doing jigsaw puzzles...it's gotta be a interest driven distraction, following the unique life experiences and what they dig for each suffering individual.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Two heads are better than one, we always say.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.