Bullying

Have you been a bully, by your own estimation?

Yes
42%
No
25%
Cheese
33%

Total votes: 12

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Bullying

Post by rainbow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:48 am

Gord wrote:I bully people all the time, but only the ones with tiny hands.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:59 am

I am very cool with saying horrible things about Trump and his supporters. Trump is a bully and his dumbass supporters gave him immense power. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. Damn them all to hell!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 am

Seabass wrote:I am very cool with saying horrible things about Trump and his supporters. Trump is a bully and his dumbass supporters gave him immense power. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. Damn them all to hell!
Well I disagree. Trump supporters should be given a safe space where they can express themselves without feeling threatened.

Poor things.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Seems to me that a feature of bullying is that bullies invariably place the responsibility for their actions on their target - like they've brought it on themselves by being so bulliable in the first place; they only have themselves to blame; they deserve it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Seems to me that a feature of bullying is that bullies invariably place the responsibility for their actions on their target - like they've brought it on themselves by being so bulliable in the first place; they only have themselves to blame; they deserve it.
That Brian was the attitude I faced in the 50's when I moved from London to Edinburgh. I was bullied terribly because that very reason. I was not part of a group or gang. No one could understand me so I was isolated. In those days society was very violent. Corporal punishment was everywhere. I was, because the lack of attention from my parents, in the arso school which was populated by kids from the arso part of Edinburgh. The school or my parents were not interested and all I was told was to stand up for my self.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 pm

I felt like I was bullying when mocking Trump/Trump supporters in a group, with the group supporting me.

Here, I aim to be a bit less supported (because it is pretty damned safe here, to explore ideas)

I think a key component of bullying though, is whether the bully has to know what they are doing, or if it is enough that the victim feels bullied.

Is it important that one establish mens rea for bullying?

Is it more like harrassment law here? Where I live, if someone feels harrassed, they are - regardless of intent.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.