Social Credit - 1984 comes 2020.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Social Credit - 1984 comes 2020.

Post by Svartalf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Well, here, it's simply impossible to be without a bank account, not when you work for the state, or used to, as your pay just has to be transferred on one. so I have a bank account, but am not allowed to get near it,, a second bank account for which I have a withdrawal card holds my allowance... and even after10 or more years, I still have trouble managing to live decently off that (granted, my lifestyle changed, I go out a lot more than I used to an tend to spend more than I should on booze and outside meals), mrzning the end of month period can be particularly difficult if I've not stocked up on staples.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:44 pm

Why aren't you allowed access to your bank account?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:52 pm

because when I'm depressed, which has been most of the time since the summer of 1991, I tend to do anything to feel better, and that includes spending without counting or caring for fixed spending, meaning that at one time I found myself spending money I did not have... so I was put under supervision of a legal guardian, who handles most of the shitty paperwork for me, but also keeps the only direct access to my main account, leaving me access to the allowance one... which I definitely find indufficient. It was fine when I ate little and never went out of home, but it's grown bothersome now that I'm more focused outwards and go out regularly.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 am

Would it take some sort of court order to either get the allowance raised or the guardian dismissed and your affairs turned back to you?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 am

Svartalf wrote:because when I'm depressed, which has been most of the time since the summer of 1991, I tend to do anything to feel better, and that includes spending without counting or caring for fixed spending, meaning that at one time I found myself spending money I did not have... so I was put under supervision of a legal guardian, who handles most of the shitty paperwork for me, but also keeps the only direct access to my main account, leaving me access to the allowance one... which I definitely find indufficient. It was fine when I ate little and never went out of home, but it's grown bothersome now that I'm more focused outwards and go out regularly.
How was this enacted? By the state, or some relative?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:06 am

laklak wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:15 am
Would it take some sort of court order to either get the allowance raised or the guardian dismissed and your affairs turned back to you?
U could get a raise in allowance just by agreeing on it with my guardian, but it's a fact that my revenue is such that raising the allowance would be dipping in reserves that took 10 years to build, and that may not be reconstitutible afterwards.

but to get back my full rights and the "privilege" of minding my business myself, yes, it would take a court order... and given my obvious competence at managing my affairs, I'm not even sure that it's so desirable. I"m too young to sell my flat on condition the sale becomes final the day I die, so I keep my flat 'and might make my nephew or brother my sole heir... then again, I have to get approval from my guardian to write a will)...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:10 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:55 am
Svartalf wrote:because when I'm depressed, which has been most of the time since the summer of 1991, I tend to do anything to feel better, and that includes spending without counting or caring for fixed spending, meaning that at one time I found myself spending money I did not have... so I was put under supervision of a legal guardian, who handles most of the shitty paperwork for me, but also keeps the only direct access to my main account, leaving me access to the allowance one... which I definitely find indufficient. It was fine when I ate little and never went out of home, but it's grown bothersome now that I'm more focused outwards and go out regularly.
How was this enacted? By the state, or some relative?
Well, my guardian is an aunt, she accepted to handle my stuff and lead me back on the parh of solvency on condition it be officially acted in front of a judge of guardianships... so, basically, I am expressly forbidden to ever touch my main account, even to pour money into it, it has to be her, or conjointly.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:31 am

That aunt sounds like a solid gold family member. I wish more people had your support available. I know a few people who would still have better lives, if they could only have turned some of the management over at their low points.

I also get that it sucks, but I like to focus on the positive.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:36 am

Well, the problem is that I'm currently in rather DEEP depression, and so don't really plan out the spending of my allowance, plus, over the last 2 or 4 years, I've become less of a recluse, meaning that I go out more, like to cafés, and spend more, meaning that an allowance that was enough when I was in low grade depression (if actually depressive at all), but didn't go out and ate little, no longer suffices for the demands of my current lifestyle. I'm trying to rein it down and take back control, but that's awfully difficult.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:42 am

Got an idea, but it's a bit ridiculous.

Get into running. It's cheap, if you do it the way I suggest, while being a prestigious social outlet with lots of deliciously lean legs to ogle.

So, if I assume you don't run, you pretend you are injured, and volunteer at the races. You will be a hero to many, while you keep milking the old 'injury' so you never have to bother with the actual running.

It may seem like I'm trying to do you a favour - but only peripherally. Really I want more run volunteers at racing events.

And more ogling. We could always use more ogling. Bonus points if you are old and wear mirror-shades.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:58 am

I'm not injured, but I have severe respiratory deficience problems, if I run a 50 yards, it takes me 3/4 of an hour to recover (true story).
I"m old '50 but looking older, what's with my white beard and all.... but I never get tired of ogling, especially in extra sunny weather when my glasses are fully darkened and hide my gaze.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:58 am
I'm not injured, but I have severe respiratory deficience problems, if I run a 50 yards, it takes me 3/4 of an hour to recover (true story).
I"m old '50 but looking older, what's with my white beard and all.... but I never get tired of ogling, especially in extra sunny weather when my glasses are fully darkened and hide my gaze.
See, you don't have to run...runners everywhere appreciate injured runners (or those pretending to be injured runners) working their races.

It's a social world which may cost you little, since you never need to pay race fees, or buy water bottles, running shoes or tights.

Plus, if you get infected (I did) then you will possibly risk becoming a runner...if not, you get to stare at tights.

If you want to run, I know how to start as a creaky old man, and would help enthusiastically. Pro-tip - take it easy.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

China Leads the Way

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Instituting a practical version of Big Brother, city by city. 'Swipe your social credit card now, citizen.'

'Beijing to Judge Every Resident Based on Behavior by End of 2020'
China’s plan to judge each of its 1.3 billion people based on their social behavior is moving a step closer to reality, with Beijing set to adopt a lifelong points program by 2021 that assigns personalized ratings for each resident.

The capital city will pool data from several departments to reward and punish some 22 million citizens based on their actions and reputations by the end of 2020, according to a plan posted on the Beijing municipal government’s website on Monday. Those with better so-called social credit will get “green channel” benefits while those who violate laws will find life more difficult.

The Beijing project will improve blacklist systems so that those deemed untrustworthy will be “unable to move even a single step,” according to the government’s plan. Xinhua reported on the proposal Tuesday, while the report posted on the municipal government’s website is dated July 18.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: China Leads the Way

Post by laklak » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:37 pm

George Orwell wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot bot stamping on a human face—for ever
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: China Leads the Way

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Those who violate laws will find life more difficult. How is this different than the extensive background checks already in place here?

Shit, they're taking piss and hair samples these days.