Irish Deportation of Undocumented Immigrants

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Irish Deportation of Undocumented Immigrants

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm

But you are deporting a natural born citizen. What's the legal justification for having two classes of citizenship when the person involved has done no wrong?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:08 pm

The kids weren't deported.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Forty Two wrote: Another woman they deported had entered the country 10 years ago. She was caught, and sent back to Mexico right away, and she was subjected to a deportation order and a legal bar/prohibition on entering the US for a period of time. Instead of obeying that order, she reentered the US almost immediately and made it, and then she opted to live illegally in the US, also working illegally. She was then arrested and deported recently. The tragedy is that she has two kids that she birthed here in the States, and for them to stay with her, they had to go to Mexico.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Sweden apparently deported or is deporting 80,000 migrants. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 40521.html

Italy calls for mass deportations of migrants - https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/74 ... ort-terror

In Ireland, letters of intention to deport on pace to double -- https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland ... -1.3124322

In Ireland, they deport Irish born children of illegal immigrants, too -- https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.2646898
The High Court has upheld a decision by the Minister for Justice and Equality to deport a Nigerian woman, who went into hiding for almost five years, and her Irish-born child.
In his judgment Mr Justice Richard Humphreys rejected claims made by lawyers for the woman and child that the deportation orders were invalid.
The judge found the child’s educational rights, such as the right to free primary education while in the State, are not a barrier to deportation.
The woman and her child cannot be identified for legal reasons.
The woman, leaving her husband and two other children behind in Nigeria, came to Ireland in early 2008. Her child was born here shortly afterwards.
They applied for both asylum and subsidiary protection in Ireland but the applications were refused. In 2009 the Minister issued deportation orders in respect of the woman and the child.
The woman went into hiding in Ireland in late 2009. She surrendered to the authorities in October 2014 so she could bring proceedings challenging the deportation orders.
She was then arrested and detained and was released from custody in December 2014.
The woman and her child, represented by Rosario Boyle SC and Anthony Lowry Bl, argued that the deportation order was invalid on grounds including that the Minister’s decision was irrational and that the child’s educational rights were not properly considered by the Minister.
The Minister, represented by David Conlan Smyth SC and Anthony Moore Bl, opposed the application and argued the deportation order should be upheld.
In his judgment Mr Justice Humphreys said the child’s educational rights did not confer any right on any child not to be removed, even to a country with an inferior social or educational system.
It was also open to the Minister to conclude Nigeria has a functioning education system, the judge added. The judge agreed the Minister did not have to consider the deportation of the mother separately from the child.
so, this looks quite similar to the example of the Mexican woman who crossed the border was deported, and then purposefully ignored the deportation order, came into the US and had an anchor baby, and then was deported as a result.

Is there an injustice here in Ireland? Inhumane? Where's the outrage? Is the Irish government anti-immigrant and racist, like Trump?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:The kids weren't deported.
But they are being forced to choose between their legal right to remain in the United States, and their legal right to a family life.

You do know what a human right is, yes?
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:22 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote: Another woman they deported had entered the country 10 years ago. She was caught, and sent back to Mexico right away, and she was subjected to a deportation order and a legal bar/prohibition on entering the US for a period of time. Instead of obeying that order, she reentered the US almost immediately and made it, and then she opted to live illegally in the US, also working illegally. She was then arrested and deported recently. The tragedy is that she has two kids that she birthed here in the States, and for them to stay with her, they had to go to Mexico.
Right, the kids were not deported. She took them to Mexico.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
But they are being forced to choose between their legal right to remain in the United States, and their legal right to a family life.

As with the case of the Nigerian in Ireland, there is no general right to remain in the country via an anchor baby.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

duplicate

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:

As with the case of the Nigerian in Ireland, there is no general right to remain in the country via an anchor baby.
I'm clearly not talking about the woman's rights, but those of her children.

If you can come up with a coherent argument as to why those children should be denied one or other of their rights, then let's hear it. Until then, it is so much hot air.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:38 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Did they have a choice?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:41 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:

I'm clearly not talking about the woman's rights, but those of her children.

If you can come up with a coherent argument as to why those children should be denied one or other of their rights, then let's hear it. Until then, it is so much hot air.
In the US, nobody prohibited anyone except the mother from staying (and they could have stayed with dad and the rest of the American side of the family). In the Irish example, they deported the child too.

You'll need to come up with a coherent argument as to what right was denied, and cite your legal authority. Please address both the US example (child allowed to stay), and the Irish one (child deported).

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Did they have a choice?
What if it was dad being deported, and mom was here in the US? What would be the option?

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Forty Two wrote:In the US, nobody prohibited anyone except the mother from staying (and they could have stayed with dad and the rest of the American side of the family). In the Irish example, they deported the child too.

You'll need to come up with a coherent argument as to what right was denied, and cite your legal authority. Please address both the US example (child allowed to stay), and the Irish one (child deported).
You're not listening, clearly.

The children have a right to a family life. That is, they have the right to live within a family unit. They also have the right, as citizens of the United States, to live in the USA. Deporting the mother denies them one of these rights.

I've already cited the international law that pertains here.

The Irish example is immaterial, because they do not have unrestricted jus soli in Ireland. Someone born in Ireland to non-Irish parents does not have an automatic right to Irish citizenship.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:47 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Did they have a choice?
What if it was dad being deported, and mom was here in the US? What would be the option?
Well it seems to me that splitting up a family is denying that child a right to its family.

What would happen if both the mother and father were illegal immigrants and the child was US born? Would the US deport all of them, or would they allow them to stay?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:12 pm

It depends - https://www.us-immigration.com/blog/can ... ir-parents

There are competing interests. I mean, you can't have a system that says that all a person has to do is sire or birth or child in a country, and they don't have to comply with immigration rules, can you?

What do they do in Oz? Illegal immigrants come in, birth babies, and are legalized?