A theory on the college campus issues.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: A theory on the college campus issues.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Animavore wrote:I suspect feminist articles like the one above are deliberately controversial to raise a point. The article seems to provocatively turn things on its head (remember the US is a country where minority voter suppression is still a thing) rather than genuinely advocating disallowing white males the vote. Trust Fox News to get into a Huff over this. But then, irony was never a strong suit of the Christian right.
Actually, minority voter suppression is not a real thing in the US, as in a valid concept. All minorities have the same right to vote and the same access to the polls as anyone else, and often more access. The kinds of things called "voter suppression" in the US are considered normal states of affairs in the civilized nations of the world. Like, having a form of identification in order to vote. Here in the US, that's voter suppression, because they say that black people for some reason are unable to comply with the voter ID laws. In most civilized countries, if it was determined that some group weren't getting their required IDs, there wouldn't be an allegation of suppression.

The funny part about this article, though, is that it is another example of how some feminists will say that feminism is just about equality, but then we read articles wherein feminists actively promote or advocate inequality. Like the "ironic misandry" movement, and the opposition to counseling centers for men, when feminists claim that women can't be sexist at all, and when feminists like Julie Bindel claim men should be in concentration camps. But, feminism is just about equality, and if you're not in favor of feminism, then you're against equality and you're a sexist....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Just wait till the Trumpocalypse, those feminazis will be lining up to get inside the compound walls. They'll have to wash the clothes in a stream and pluck the chickens. Then service their men whenever we want. I can't wait. We'll be feudal lords, man, just like God intended.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm

laklak wrote:Just wait till the Trumpocalypse, those feminazis will be lining up to get inside the compound walls. They'll have to wash the clothes in a stream and pluck the chickens. Then service their men whenever we want. I can't wait. We'll be feudal lords, man, just like God intended.
Not if feminist theory is true. Under feminist theory, sex is socially constructed, and the only reason men and women are, say, different in physical strength, is a function of social construction over time wherein the CIS-normative patriarchy oppressed women, making them weaker. As the social structures equalize, women will become just as physically strong as men. So, for your sake, that Trumpocalypse better happen soon...if the women get the sexes equalized before it happens, then it may well be you that gets to be the Handmaid.... :smoke:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:17 pm

:yawn:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

laklak

Post by laklak » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 pm

At my age a handmaid is about the only maid I get.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:00 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:07 am

pErvin wrote:
laklak wrote:HuffPo blogger thinks white men shouldn't be allowed to vote.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/14/hu ... -vote.html

I think she shouldn't bother her pretty little head with politics, and should concentrate on improving her sammich making skills and maybe shaving her legs. How's she going to snag a good man with an attitude like that?
:hehe:
Turns out the blogger was a fake, actually turned out to be a pale male, who decided to troll Huff 'n Puff. :naughty:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:30 am

Seriously? I so hope that's true.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:43 am

pErvin wrote:Seriously? I so hope that's true.
It is.

HuffPo does not come off too well in this unravelling of events, and I can't say I am surprised. I agree with the author that the owners of that site are unconscionably greedy ripoff merchants – making money by clickbaiting and paying their contributors nothing. Of course you can't provide quality reportage like that. The adage, you get what you pay for, applies in spades. But then, HuffPo is not interested in quality. It's after the clicks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak

Post by laklak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:53 pm

42, some dude is stealing your shtick.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:10 pm

42 could probably get paid good money to pump that shit out.

Coincidentally, is anyone else watching Homeland at the moment?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm

laklak wrote:42, some dude is stealing your shtick.
It's only shtick because I'm the one saying it. My shtick is said all the time by leftist identity politickers all the time, and they're actually taken somewhat seriously. It's not as if I'm exaggerating. My shtick is literally what bunches of them believe.

laklak

Post by laklak » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:38 pm

You should definitely write for HuffPo. They'd lap it up and you'd be famous.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

laklak wrote:You should definitely write for HuffPo. They'd lap it up and you'd be famous.
:cheer: Go for it, Farty :cheer:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

I was thinking of becoming a staff writer for The Guardian.

I could write an article about how a Disney cartoon has "real and material" impacts on entire societies. That kind of thing.