A theory on the college campus issues.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Leftist Madness on US College Campuses - Evergreen Colle

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Paris Accords aren't fair? Why? You think it's unfair that those who have added the most greenhouse gas emissions should have to do the most work in addressing the problem?
Were that the case, then china should do the most. .
How do you figure that? China and India are only recent major contributors. 30 years ago they contributed almost nothing.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm

pErvin wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Paris Accords aren't fair? Why? You think it's unfair that those who have added the most greenhouse gas emissions should have to do the most work in addressing the problem?
Were that the case, then china should do the most. .
How do you figure that? China and India are only recent major contributors. 30 years ago they contributed almost nothing.
They are the largest total emitter, and they're building coal plants by the planet-load. You cut off the rest of the post, where I discussed other issues.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:02 pm

I cut it off as it is irrelevant to the point I was making, as is your current reply. My point is about those that have done the most total damage.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:07 pm

It's not irrelevant to the point I was making, which is that it was unfair to the US.

You asked me why I thought it was unfair to the US.

You wrote, "Paris Accords aren't fair? Why?" I explained why I thought it's unfair. You also asked if I thought it was unfair for the ones who added the most to do the most. That's another question, and I don't view fairness as solely dependent on historical emissions by country in isolation against other factors, such as who is the biggest emitter now, current trends, and the other issues I mentioned.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Dude, it was irrelevant to MY point, that's why *I* cut it off. You can make whatever points you want.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't care what your point is. If you ask me a question, unlike your practice, I answer it. You asked me a specific question, and I answered it. If your question was not your "point," then so be it. If you only want to discuss your point, then don't ask me questions asking me for my view. When I give you my answer, it will be my view - my point - not yours.

I haven't asked you for your point. You are, of course, free to share it, such as it is, but that doesn't pose any limitation on my answers to questions posed to me. So, when you ask me "why is it unfair," and I answer it.
You then asked me "how do I figure" relative China doing the most. I answered that, too.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:02 pm

China are planning to spend over 200 billion over 10 years in a move that will employ over 13 million people to help fight climate change. China and India are both doing more than America. China looks set to become the World's energy leader. Europe is already looking to China.

You really don't get this, do you? The path Trump is taking America will see your World ranking slide. You backed a loser. There is no happy ending here. Trump is not the Messiah you believed.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Re: A theory on the college campus issues.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Admins - you merged a thread about Leftists at Evergreen College with a more general thread about the theory of campus issues. There was no reason to merge those threads.

There would be reason to take the derail into "climate change" from the Evergreen thread, now this thread, and put it in the Climate Change thread.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: A theory on the college campus issues.

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 pm

I can see America splitting over this. How is Trump going to stop states going green?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:32 am

Forty Two wrote:I don't care what your point is. If you ask me a question, unlike your practice, I answer it. You asked me a specific question, and I answered it. If your question was not your "point," then so be it. If you only want to discuss your point, then don't ask me questions asking me for my view. When I give you my answer, it will be my view - my point - not yours.

I haven't asked you for your point. You are, of course, free to share it, such as it is, but that doesn't pose any limitation on my answers to questions posed to me. So, when you ask me "why is it unfair," and I answer it.
You then asked me "how do I figure" relative China doing the most. I answered that, too.
God you are a snowflake. You answered the question. Good for you. Now tell me why I am required to quote your answer and keep discussing it even though I don't have anything more to say on it.

And you didn't answer the China thing. You haven't said anything about the past emissions of China and India. Only in the world of humpty dumpty English that you inhabit could it be said that you have addressed this point.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 am

Animavore wrote:China are planning to spend over 200 billion over 10 years in a move that will employ over 13 million people to help fight climate change. China and India are both doing more than America. China looks set to become the World's energy leader. Europe is already looking to China.
We've tried to explain this to him before. He then butchered mathematics (like he regularly butchers English) in an attempt to claim that China and India were doing less than they are.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 am

Animavore wrote: You really don't get this, do you? The path Trump is taking America will see your World ranking slide. You backed a loser. There is no happy ending here.
You are quite wrong.

The happy ending is that Trump will flush himself down the loo by mistake.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

The Ongoing Campus Inquisitions Must Stop

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:08 pm

The Campus Inquisitions Must Stop - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/opin ... .html?_r=0

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Re: The Ongoing Campus Inquisitions Must Stop

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:17 pm

How many threads do we need on this shit?

Forty Two

Re: The Ongoing Campus Inquisitions Must Stop

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:50 pm

How about one that isn't clogged up with derails and your complaints that people are talking about things you don't want them to talk about?