Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:12 pm

FFS put this one out to graze.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: The Ongoing Campus Inquisitions Must Stop

Post by laklak » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:32 pm

Someone had to do it.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Forty Two : you can talk about whatever you want to but do not expect any of the liberals here to like it so ignore them
and post away. They can not stop you and do not have to read it anyway. Post whatever you want to. No one here cares
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:16 am

surreptitious57 wrote:Forty Two : you can talk about whatever you want to but do not expect any of the liberals here to like it so ignore them
and post away. They can not stop you and do not have to read it anyway. Post whatever you want to. No one here cares
They seem to care, since they derail threads and constantly post in threads they say they aren't interested in. PErvin asked me a question about how many of "these" threads to "we" need. I answered his question. The reason I created a new thread is because for some reason threads which are unrelated, but in the same general topic area, were merged, making sort of an omnibus thread. Within that thread was Trump derail created by the usual suspects which sent the conversation off in a different direction entirely, having nothing to do with even the basic subject matter. .
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:25 am

If this thread attracts discussion, it will cover the exact same arguments as the other threads on this broader topic. And while that's not necessarily a problem, it is when we have to keep referring you back to previous statements because your memory is shit and/or you're are engaging in dishonesty.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:58 am

Forty Two wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:Forty Two : you can talk about whatever you want to but do not expect any of the liberals here to like it so ignore them
They seem to care, since they derail threads and constantly post in threads they say they aren't interested in. PErvin asked me a question about how many of "these" threads to "we" need. I answered his question. The reason I created a new thread is because for some reason threads which are unrelated, but in the same general topic area, were merged, making sort of an omnibus thread. Within that thread was Trump derail created by the usual suspects which sent the conversation off in a different direction entirely, having nothing to do with even the basic subject matter. .
I suggest you create a safe space where those like yourself can go to cry openly, and perhaps colour in some pictures.

You might also try interpretive dance therapy.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:54 pm

pErvin wrote:If this thread attracts discussion, it will cover the exact same arguments as the other threads on this broader topic. And while that's not necessarily a problem, it is when we have to keep referring you back to previous statements because your memory is shit and/or you're are engaging in dishonesty.
You are a piece of work. Someone as flagrantly dishonest as you has no business accusing other people. I think it's pathological with you. Probably part of your other "problems."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:57 pm

rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I suggest you create a safe space where those like yourself can go to cry openly, and perhaps colour in some pictures.

You might also try interpretive dance therapy.
I'm not the one trying to stop other people from doing or saying things. I haven't asked for a "safe space." A safe space is not the same thing as a thread which is not cocked up by folks who object to certain topics being discussed.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm

...and, of course, here it is happening again... it's not enough for folks who are not interested in a topic to simply go to other topics in which they have an interest. It's not enough for them to ask an admin to merge threads they think ought to be merged. Some folks have to piss all over a thread and try to ruin any conversation that might be had among those who are interested. That says more about folks who do that than about anyone or anything else....

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Standard leftist tactics nowadays I'm afraid. You'll find (and probably have) the same thing everywhere you go. The new mode is simply to stymie rational and open discussion and then to present the alternative reality of your faction even louder than the opposition from the biggest soapbox available.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:10 pm

It wasn't much different in the early 1970s when I went to Uni. There was a heavy Marxist presence in Universities at the time and Truethink was everywhere. I was suckered by it to some extent too and signed up. Then I discovered the sub-sects hated each other more than they did the 'establishment'. The hours - days - eons - wasted on the minutia of interpretation of the canon of Marxist writing was staggering to behold and I backed off.

Luckily we didn't have the inherent hysteria social media can whip up in those days when people fell out badly.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:44 pm

Who among us is a Marxist? Come on now - hands up.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Marx was a German. So, if you are not German but a Marxist, that's cultural appropriation.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:52 pm

:hehe:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:04 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Who among us is a Marxist? Come on now - hands up.
We're waiting for you, Hermit... ;)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!