Islam - How Awful Is It?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Islam - How Awful Is It?

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 am

I just addressed that 50 a year bullshit above rEv. Please pay attention.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 am

YOU quoted the NPR article that has 33+ per year. :fp:

I don't know why I keep expecting any different, but again, it's YOUR claim. What numbers do you claim leave the US for jihad? This is the last time I'll be asking. After that, I'm taking pity on you and leaving you alone. There's something decidedly not right at your end of the internet. :?
Last edited by pErvinalia on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:17 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm
The handful that do get radicalised do need to be treated seriously, by good intelligence and police work, and dealt with firmly. In Australia at least, that is generally happening.

What we don't need is a broad, unthinking, racist anti-Islam movement, where women wearing headscarfs are spat at on the streets. It is precisely those sort of things which contribute to the radicalisation in the first place...
:this: and :this:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 am

Śiva wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:11 am
Also what I said was this:
The fact is, it is regularly reported that it occurs and is a major problem being confronted by law enforcement in Canada (and the USA too I'm sure).
Referring to people travelling to foreign conflicts to fight in a jihad.
You might further note, that in the above quote I was not exclusively referring to the United States, but rather used a conjunction (and) to indicate a further development of the point in the specific case I know of, that being the problem in Canada the RCMP are facing in prosecuting returning terrorists, and further suggested that the USA is facing the same problem.

If you would deign to read the paper (https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files ... ndIraq.pdf) you'll find that the author's do not diminish the reality of this threat, and in fact suggest it may become even larger and go on to suggest that a much stronger response is required.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Re: Should Stupidity Be Declared A Criminal Ideology?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:21 am

Śiva wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:33 pm
Incidentally, your characterization of American Muslims as non-violent followers of a new Islam doesn't bear the ring of truth as often young American (and Canadian) Muslims are radicalized and travel to conflict zones to slay infidels in the name of their religion.

Just saying.
:fp:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:21 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 am

I don't know why I keep expecting any different, but again, it's YOUR claim. What numbers do you claim leave the US for jihad? This is the last time I'll be asking. After that, I'm taking pity on you and leaving you alone. There's something decidedly not right at your end of the internet. :?
What the fuck man? Those aren't the absolute numbers! Read the goddamn paper. Those are the number of people exposed by the 64 returning terrorist they caught, and only those that are/were Salafi Jihadists and who went to Iraq/Syria from 2014 onward.

Again, it does not claim to represent the entirety of the number of American Muslims who have travelled abroad to engage in terrorist activities.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:21 am
Śiva wrote:
Incidentally, your characterization of American Muslims as non-violent followers of a new Islam doesn't bear the ring of truth as often young American (and Canadian) Muslims are radicalized and travel to conflict zones to slay infidels in the name of their religion.

Just saying.
Profound. Now actually engage. OK?

We're contending that right now, at least I am. You're just being obtuse and trolling.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 am

Śiva wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Śiva wrote:

Just saying.
Why the fuck would i when you can't even get the basics right?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 am

And with that I'm done with you. Something's not right.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:25 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 am
And with that I'm done with you. Somethings not right.
What? "Done with me?" You haven't even engaged.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 am
Śiva wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Śiva wrote:

Just saying.
Why the fuck would i when you can't even get the basics right?
What fucking 'basics?' What the hell are you talking about?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 am

Oh my fucking God. You just tried to claim you were talking about Canadians primarily by quoting your words that neither Hermit nor I were responding to. :fp: So I quoted the words that show you were talking primarily about the US

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:28 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:27 am
Oh my fucking God. You just tried to claim you were talking about Canadians primarily by quoting your words that neither Hermit nor I were responding to. :fp: So I quoted the words that show you were talking primarily about the US
How about you stop trying to get me on some technicality (which is a fabrication of your apparently fevered mind), and instead engaging with what I'm writing?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:31 am

No chance. As I said, you can't even get the basics right, so there's no point trying to go further.

In summary, you've tried to paint moderate Islam in the west as some sort of violent threat to our societies. You buttressed that wild assertion in part with your claim that "often young American muslims blah blah jihad blah blah". It's not a technicality. THAT is where we start to dismantle your ridiculous assertion that mainstream Islam is a violent threat. If we can't even get past that point with you, then there's no point trying any further.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:35 am

What fucking basics??? Are you not capable of reading what I write? I addressed your fucking point.
Śiva wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:16 am

What the fuck man? Those aren't the absolute numbers! Read the goddamn paper. Those are the number of people exposed by the 64 returning terrorist they caught, and only those that are/were Salafi Jihadists and who went to Iraq/Syria from 2014 onward.

Again, it does not claim to represent the entirety of the number of American Muslims who have travelled abroad to engage in terrorist activities.