Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies courses?

Post Reply
User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 7637
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm

laklak wrote:To be fair, you can't really define anything without allowing exceptions. In general heterogametic gonosomes are male, homogametic are female. There are rare exceptions, XX males and XY females, but those are outliers. Then there are XYY, XXY, and XXYY. Apparently there's no YY because that mother's body rejects it and either spontaneously aborts or reabsorbs the fetus.
There are even persons with perfectly fine sex chromosomes that still have an unexpected anatomy because certain genes were not expressed at the right time for some accidental reason or because a part of the sex chromose or some other chromosome is modified.

The point is that while this is not the norm, it is still common. In the other thread I had quoted a statistic which says that there are in Germany more intersexual people than gingers.
Last edited by NineBerry on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:43 pm

NineBerry wrote: There is no way to define what a male body is so that everyone would agree. And you yourself have failed at giving a definition on another thread some months ago.
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 7637
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm

The idea for example to base what wash room you are allowed to use on whether you have a Y chromosome or not is ridiculous. There are people out there with perfect female anatomy who are not aware they have a Y chromosome and will never find out unless they go see a doctor because they don't get pregnant although they try a lot.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:26 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
NineBerry wrote: There is no way to define what a male body is so that everyone would agree. And you yourself have failed at giving a definition on another thread some months ago.
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
And your reputation is that of a mean-spirited, lying scumbag. But, so what?

I honestly don't remember "ignoring" any question, and you may, as usual, be misstating my position on the subject anyway.

I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is. If you'd like to provide a link to the post where someone asked me to define what a male body is, I'll take a look and see whether I really ignored it. I'm almost 100% sure, though, that I was not asked to define that term before. However, I'll allow for not having seen the post.

I'm not sure why I am being asked to define it now, anyway? Is there some question regarding the matter that requires me to define it?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 7637
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:44 pm

I didn't say you ignored the question. I said you failed at answering it. http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1735179

And you were the one who brought up the topic of whether there are male bodies. While I was discussing the question that there must be genes that determine gender.

So, do you have any evidence or logical argument why there are no gender genes. And further: Will you take the time necessary to understand that science does indeed say that there are love genes?

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:47 pm

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
NineBerry wrote: There is no way to define what a male body is so that everyone would agree. And you yourself have failed at giving a definition on another thread some months ago.
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
And your reputation is that of a mean-spirited, lying scumbag. But, so what?

I honestly don't remember "ignoring" any question, and you may, as usual, be misstating my position on the subject anyway.

I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.
This is classic you. Even I remember when NB asked you this.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:56 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
NineBerry wrote: There is no way to define what a male body is so that everyone would agree. And you yourself have failed at giving a definition on another thread some months ago.
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
And your reputation is that of a mean-spirited, lying scumbag. But, so what?

I honestly don't remember "ignoring" any question, and you may, as usual, be misstating my position on the subject anyway.

I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.
This is classic you. Even I remember when NB asked you this.
You know what's being a classic you? Remembering that NB asked me to define biological sex (not "male body"), but then lying about me "ignoring" it. You're such a piece of shit. You won't even admit now, after NB posted the post where I answered his question about biological sex, that I did not "ignore" any question at all. I bet you won't say "Forty, I apologize. I see where you did not ignore that question, and you did present an answer." Whether you think I'm right about it or not is beside the point. You accused me of ignoring this inconvenient question, and when I said I did not remember ignoring any question, you said "it's classic you, even I remember when NB asked you this." Oh, yeah, pErvin? So, he did ask me what biological sex was. I didn't remember him asking me that, but what we see when he provides the link is that I did answer him. I did not ignore it.

That's typical me, yes. Being asked a question, and answering it in good faith. What's typical you is being such a lying scumbag that you will try constantly to invent this "reputation" you accuse me of. Everyone knows this about you, or should. If they didn't before, they sure as shit can see it now. You are a dirtbag, man, of the lowest variety. Jeez, man, what brazenness too - you just don't even care that the proof is right there. You probably figure nobody or hardly anyone will click on the link and see that I did not ignore anything, and you'll just stand on your repeating lies over and over again.

Note, NB didn't say I ignored or failed to provide an answer. He said I failed AT answering. So, he's just taking issue with the definition I provided, and he's not saying I did not provide a definition. That's all well and good and something we can talk about. Nothing wrong with honing a definition.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 pm

NineBerry wrote:I didn't say you ignored the question. I said you failed at answering it. http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1735179

And you were the one who brought up the topic of whether there are male bodies. While I was discussing the question that there must be genes that determine gender.
Well, if you think there are genes that determine gender (a social construction) then it would be incumbent upon you to present the evidence for that in the genome. My understanding to genetics is that there is not a gene or set of genes that determines a person's gender.
NineBerry wrote: So, do you have any evidence or logical argument why there are no gender genes. And further: Will you take the time necessary to understand that science does indeed say that there are love genes?
Well, yeah, the absence of evidence of there being genes that determine gender.

Well, I'm willing to consider this love gene assertion. However, you'll need to perhaps tell me more detail about what you mean by a "love gene." I suspect I know what you're on about, and it's half pop-science. But, I'll let you provide the support for your assertion.

What is advanced without evidence can be rejected without evidence. So far, you've said that there are genes that determine your gender, and a "love gene." Well, present your evidence. Until then, rejecting your claim is as simple as saying you've not proved it.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 67674
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by JimC » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:46 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
NineBerry wrote: Take for example homosexuality and bisexuality. There are obviously genes (Let's call them love genes) that control who we fall in love with. Usually, these genes will make males fall in love with females and females fall in love with males, but there are a lot of people where these genes do not work as intended and we have males falling in love with males and females falling in love with females or Lak falling in love with anyone anything.
:whistle:
:whistle:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 37180
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: against conspiracism
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:59 pm

I went to a toilet today at a cafe. it had a boy and a girl sign. There were two such toilets and neither had a urinal. No need to expose the sensitive types to the concept of peeing with a penis, even in their imagination.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com

If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?
You! Yes! You behind the bike sheds! Stand still, laddie!

Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:55 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
NineBerry wrote: There is no way to define what a male body is so that everyone would agree. And you yourself have failed at giving a definition on another thread some months ago.
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
And your reputation is that of a mean-spirited, lying scumbag. But, so what?

I honestly don't remember "ignoring" any question, and you may, as usual, be misstating my position on the subject anyway.

I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.
This is classic you. Even I remember when NB asked you this.
You know what's being a classic you? Remembering that NB asked me to define biological sex (not "male body"), but then lying about me "ignoring" it. You're such a piece of shit. You won't even admit now, after NB posted the post where I answered his question about biological sex, that I did not "ignore" any question at all.
Get yer colouring-in pens out! :roll:
I bet you won't say "Forty, I apologize. I see where you did not ignore that question, and you did present an answer." Whether you think I'm right about it or not is beside the point. You accused me of ignoring this inconvenient question, and when I said I did not remember ignoring any question, you said "it's classic you, even I remember when NB asked you this."
This is classic you. Misrepresent what is clearly written for all to see. You said "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is."

You clearly were, and I was correct in remembering you being asked it.

I assumed you didn't answer it when NB said you "failed" to answer it. Big deal. Get your colouring-in pens out ya big sook.
That's typical me, yes. Being asked a question, and answering it in good faith.
Nice mischaracterisation. What's typical you is not remembering that you've been asked heaps of stuff before, and then most of the time claiming that you were never asked it. This is why it's so infuriating trying to debate you.
What's typical you is being such a lying scumbag that you will try constantly to invent this "reputation" you accuse me of. Everyone knows this about you, or should. If they didn't before, they sure as shit can see it now. You are a dirtbag, man, of the lowest variety. Jeez, man, what brazenness too - you just don't even care that the proof is right there. You probably figure nobody or hardly anyone will click on the link and see that I did not ignore anything, and you'll just stand on your repeating lies over and over again.
Get over yourself. You've been caught out lying about answering stuff before, and when NB said you "ignored it" I assumed this was just yet another case of you ignoring inconvenient questions.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:58 am

Tero wrote:I went to a toilet today at a cafe. it had a boy and a girl sign. There were two such toilets and neither had a urinal. No need to expose the sensitive types to the concept of peeing with a penis, even in their imagination.
A boy and girl sign? Hate speech.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
He has not! 42 never ignores inconvenient questions. This is scurrilous! His reputation here is impeccable. :tea:
And your reputation is that of a mean-spirited, lying scumbag. But, so what?

I honestly don't remember "ignoring" any question, and you may, as usual, be misstating my position on the subject anyway.

I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.
This is classic you. Even I remember when NB asked you this.
You know what's being a classic you? Remembering that NB asked me to define biological sex (not "male body"), but then lying about me "ignoring" it. You're such a piece of shit. You won't even admit now, after NB posted the post where I answered his question about biological sex, that I did not "ignore" any question at all.
Get yer colouring-in pens out! :roll:
You're full of shit, and you know it. Liar.
pErvinalia wrote:
I bet you won't say "Forty, I apologize. I see where you did not ignore that question, and you did present an answer." Whether you think I'm right about it or not is beside the point. You accused me of ignoring this inconvenient question, and when I said I did not remember ignoring any question, you said "it's classic you, even I remember when NB asked you this."
This is classic you. Misrepresent what is clearly written for all to see. You said "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is."

You clearly were, and I was correct in remembering you being asked it.
Bullshit, you liar. You accused me of "ignoring" a question. Not remembering if I was ever asked is not "ignoring" a question, you disingenuous sod. And, I was not asked what a "male body" was, I was asked to define "biological sex," which is a different question, obviously.

Now, the reality is, I answered the question posed to me. I did not ignore it, you fuckstick. Go fuck yourself.
pErvinalia wrote:
I assumed you didn't answer it when NB said you "failed" to answer it. Big deal. Get your colouring-in pens out ya big sook.
You're a lying piece of shit. You "assumed" I didn't answer it and then said "typical Forty Two" and implied I was lying about it. You were lying about it. You were doing your usual piece of shit tactic of trying to suggest that I had "ignored" somethign and now I was trying to pretend as if I hadn't. Fuck you. You're such a douche.
pErvinalia wrote:
That's typical me, yes. Being asked a question, and answering it in good faith.
Nice mischaracterisation. What's typical you is not remembering that you've been asked heaps of stuff before, and then most of the time claiming that you were never asked it. This is why it's so infuriating trying to debate you.
Dumbass - not remembering being asked something is not the same thing as not having answered that question. You're so fucking dumb it's hardly even imaginable. I typically answer questions in good faith, which is why it sounds odd to me that someone would say I "ignored" a question. Naturally, I can't answer everything, and I don't remember most of the stuff after a while, but everyone knows if I'm asked a direct question I typically answer it right away. That's what I did in this case, too.

You, the lying scumbag that you are, tried to opportunistically jump all over this to try to score a point that you keep trying to hammer home - that I have some reputation for dishonesty.

Fuck you. You're a dishonest, lying scumbag - and you deserve zero respect. And, what's worse, you are one of those douchebags who is to stupid to know how stupid they are, and so stupid you think you're smart.
pErvinalia wrote:
What's typical you is being such a lying scumbag that you will try constantly to invent this "reputation" you accuse me of. Everyone knows this about you, or should. If they didn't before, they sure as shit can see it now. You are a dirtbag, man, of the lowest variety. Jeez, man, what brazenness too - you just don't even care that the proof is right there. You probably figure nobody or hardly anyone will click on the link and see that I did not ignore anything, and you'll just stand on your repeating lies over and over again.
Get over yourself. You've been caught out lying about answering stuff before, and when NB said you "ignored it" I assumed this was just yet another case of you ignoring inconvenient questions.
You've been caught making things up, that's all. I've never been "caught out lying."

NB didn't say I ignored it you little shit. When did he say that? You fucking little twit. That was YOU who said I ignored it. You just keep on digging, don't you? Lying sack of shit.

Fuck you.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:17 am

Find a safe space, ffs. You are going to continually get called on your dishonest behaviour until you actually take ownership of what you say and change your behaviour.

I accept that you didn't ignore it, but that doesn't excuse you yet again being wrong in your recollections. I demonstrably wasn't lying when I said that I remember you being asked it in response to your statement - "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.". Only you could project like this in an effort to deflect from your own shoddy behaviour. To call that lying is fucking ridiculous, and only someone like you could even attempt to massacre English and logic that badly.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 am

Forty Two wrote:but everyone knows if I'm asked a direct question I typically answer it right away.
:funny:

You are utterly un-selfaware, aren't you? This is so demonstrably false. It's almost a meme here that you have to be goaded into answering inconvenient questions. You are constantly asked to address something that you have missed/ignored the first/second/more times. Hermit, Brian and I do it all the time.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests