Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies courses?

Post Reply
User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:24 am

Forty Two wrote:And, what's worse, you are one of those douchebags who is to stupid to know how stupid they are, and so stupid you think you're smart.
:coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 7637
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am

It doesn't matter anyway. Civilization is going to collapse within a week due to #Meltdown. </crumple>

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 am

It's difficult to dismiss the idea that people like 42 et al can't handle the fact that gender and sexuality might not be a choice because they're insecure in their own sexuality and might find themselves waking up one day and liking the taste of cock. :tea:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
NineBerry
Tame Wolf
Posts: 7637
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm
Location: nSk
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:56 am


User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 67675
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by JimC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:38 am

It was a game little rooster, but a hatchet soon did the job...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
laklak
Posts: 19836
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 pm
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by laklak » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:43 am

Feminists only eat capons.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:59 pm

pErvinalia wrote:It's difficult to dismiss the idea that people like 42 et al can't handle the fact that gender and sexuality might not be a choice because they're insecure in their own sexuality and might find themselves waking up one day and liking the taste of cock. :tea:
Asshat, where do you get the idea that I can't handle the fact that gender and sexuality might not be a choice? Because I pointed out there isn't a "gene" for gender? This is just you being your usual douchebag self by trying to sully me with having some sort of bigoted views which I do not have.

If you want to take the position that whether one is genderqueer or genderfluid is controlled by a gene or set of genes, well have at it.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 pm

pErvinalia wrote:Find a safe space, ffs.
go fuck yourself.
pErvinalia wrote: You are going to continually get called on your dishonest behaviour until you actually take ownership of what you say and change your behaviour.
You are being dishonest. You lied -- again -- and said I "ignored" a post which I plainly did not ignore, and I answered it. Now you're trying to call me a liar because I said I couldn't remember being asked to define "male body," which I was not. I was asked to define biological sex, which I did, in fact, answer. Now you won't even admit that you were full of shit, when it's obvious you were, again. You do this all the time. You're lying.
pErvinalia wrote:
I accept that you didn't ignore it,
So, apologize. Apologize for lying.
pErvinalia wrote: but that doesn't excuse you yet again being wrong in your recollections.
Saying "i don't remember being asked that" is not "being wrong in one's recollections." Nobody remembers everything they were asked. What I said was, I don't remember being asked to define "male body" and I said that I normally answer direct questions posed to me so it did not sound right that I would fail to answer a question that was posed. And, it turned out that, in fact, I had answered, as is my normal practice, and that I had not failed to answer the question posed. I didn't lie about anything. I wasn't wrong about anything. I literally was not asked to "define male body," and even though that question does have overlap with defining "biological sex," they're not exactly the same question. Moreover - this is the key part - I did, in fact, answer the question posed.

You lied.


pErvinalia wrote: I demonstrably wasn't lying
You demonstrably were lying.
pErvinalia wrote: when I said that I remember you being asked it in response to your statement - "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.".
There is nothing wrong with not recalling a question someone asked one on a message board. I didn't recall being asked it -- I wasn't literally asked it anyway, I was asked a different question - but, I even if we consider them the same question, I FUCKING ANSWERED IT AT THE TIME AND YOU ACCUSED ME OF NOT DOING SO. YOU ACCUSED ME OF IGNORING IT, AND OF IGNORING QUESTIONS BEING "TYPICAL" OF ME. What's typical of you is doing that - opportunistically trying to attack another forum member by falsely labeling them dishonest. That's who you are, pErvin. A total tool who lies in an effort to troll others and to falsely label them disingenuous when, in fact, it is you who are mendacious.
pErvinalia wrote: Only you could project like this in an effort to deflect from your own shoddy behaviour. To call that lying is fucking ridiculous, and only someone like you could even attempt to massacre English and logic that badly.
What's not fucking ridiculous is calling you a liar when you falsely claim that I "ignored" a question that I flat out did not ignore. And now you double down on it and try to pretend that you were really being honest when you were lying through your teeth.

Go Fuck Yourself. It's no wonder you live alone in a trailer and spend your life thinking you're hard-done by.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:Find a safe space, ffs.
go fuck yourself.
pErvinalia wrote: You are going to continually get called on your dishonest behaviour until you actually take ownership of what you say and change your behaviour.
You are being dishonest. You lied -- again -- and said I "ignored" a post which I plainly did not ignore, and I answered it. Now you're trying to call me a liar because I said I couldn't remember being asked to define "male body," which I was not. I was asked to define biological sex, which I did, in fact, answer. Now you won't even admit that you were full of shit, when it's obvious you were, again. You do this all the time. You're lying.
pErvinalia wrote:
I accept that you didn't ignore it,
So, apologize. Apologize for lying.
Making a mistaken assumption isn't lying. Stop being such fucking sook. :roll:

pErvinalia wrote: I demonstrably wasn't lying
You demonstrably were lying.
pErvinalia wrote: when I said that I remember you being asked it in response to your statement - "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.".
There is nothing wrong with not recalling a question someone asked one on a message board. I didn't recall being asked it -- I wasn't literally asked it anyway, I was asked a different question - but, I even if we consider them the same question, I FUCKING ANSWERED IT AT THE TIME AND YOU ACCUSED ME OF NOT DOING SO. YOU ACCUSED ME OF IGNORING IT, AND OF IGNORING QUESTIONS BEING "TYPICAL" OF ME.
That's nice dear, but you accused me of lying when I said even I recall you being asked that question. I was demonstrably right, as you yourself even describe. You really have some major malfunction going on.
pErvinalia wrote: Only you could project like this in an effort to deflect from your own shoddy behaviour. To call that lying is fucking ridiculous, and only someone like you could even attempt to massacre English and logic that badly.
What's not fucking ridiculous is calling you a liar when you falsely claim that I "ignored" a question that I flat out did not ignore. And now you double down on it and try to pretend that you were really being honest when you were lying through your teeth.
English comprehension really isn't one of your strong suits is it?
Go Fuck Yourself. It's no wonder you live alone in a trailer and spend your life thinking you're hard-done by.
Says they guy who spends his time perennially whinging that he gets called on his shoddy behaviour. :roll: I've never seen anyone in need of a safe space more than you.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 11647
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by rainbow » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:14 am

Forty Two wrote:It's no wonder you live alone in a trailer and spend your life thinking you're hard-done by.
We in Africa wish we could afford a trailer.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:48 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Making a mistaken assumption isn't lying. Stop being such fucking sook. :roll:
You made that "assumption" immediately before AND after Nineberry linked to his question AND MY ANSWER. So, it's obvious you're lying.

Also, you sit there and accuse me of being dishonest for NOT REMEMBERING BEING ASKED A QUESTION, and now you claim that "mistaken assumptions" is not lying? And, you previously have said I'm lying for "not disclosing" information to you or not answering your question.

Stop being such a toolbag.

pErvinalia wrote:
pErvinalia wrote: I demonstrably wasn't lying
You demonstrably were lying.
pErvinalia wrote: when I said that I remember you being asked it in response to your statement - "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.".
There is nothing wrong with not recalling a question someone asked one on a message board. I didn't recall being asked it -- I wasn't literally asked it anyway, I was asked a different question - but, I even if we consider them the same question, I FUCKING ANSWERED IT AT THE TIME AND YOU ACCUSED ME OF NOT DOING SO. YOU ACCUSED ME OF IGNORING IT, AND OF IGNORING QUESTIONS BEING "TYPICAL" OF ME.
That's nice dear, but you accused me of lying when I said even I recall you being asked that question.
Stop lying, you dishonest twat. I said you were lying when you said it was typical of me to IGNORE THE QUESTION. It's typical of me (as opposed to your practice of not answering questions, and simply making unsubstantiated declarations) to actually answer questions posed. And, in this case, I had answered the question posed. Nineberry clarified that I had answered the question (just not to his satisfacation), and you still doubled down and said AGAIN that I hadn't answered. You lie like dog shit.
pErvinalia wrote:
I was demonstrably right, as you yourself even describe. You really have some major malfunction going on.
Are you out of your mind? Really? You must be, because you are just so flat out blatantly wrong here, that it's really impossible to believe that you don't know it. But, you are dumb as a rock, so I guess anything is possible.
pErvinalia wrote:
pErvinalia wrote: Only you could project like this in an effort to deflect from your own shoddy behaviour. To call that lying is fucking ridiculous, and only someone like you could even attempt to massacre English and logic that badly.
What's not fucking ridiculous is calling you a liar when you falsely claim that I "ignored" a question that I flat out did not ignore. And now you double down on it and try to pretend that you were really being honest when you were lying through your teeth.
English comprehension really isn't one of your strong suits is it?
Were you that kid that people pantsed in gym class and knocked their books out of their hands in the halls? You sure seem like it.


pErvinalia wrote:
Go Fuck Yourself. It's no wonder you live alone in a trailer and spend your life thinking you're hard-done by.
Says they guy who spends his time perennially whinging that he gets called on his shoddy behaviour. :roll: I've never seen anyone in need of a safe space more than you.
My shoddy behavior. LOL. It's bleeding obvious what you are - you lie like this on purpose to achieve your goal of trolling people and hopefully getting them suspended or otherwise banned from the forum. Remember, you've said outright that's your practice. And, here is yet another example of you flat out lying. You just thought you could get away with it this time, because you didn't expect that Nineberry would post the answer to the question he posed. You thought you could just jump in opportunistically and claim that it's "typical" of me to "ignore" questions and that here I went again, ignoring another one. Scumbag. Meanspirited little shit-for-brains scumbag.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 55256
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:50 am

You really are a mental retard of the highest (lowest) order. I've already quoted this two times for you. You accused me of lying when I said that I remember you being asked it previously in response to your statement - "I don't recall ever being asked to define what a "male body" is.". How many fucking times do I have to quote YOUR OWN WORDS back at you before it makes its way through the empty spider-web infested echoing caverns that serve as the pathways through your "brain"?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 31516
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:01 am

laklak wrote: I wear socks with flip flops in the winter.
Oo, you saucy minx you. :swoon:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
Posts: 31516
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 am
About me: Ablate me:
Location: Location: Location:
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:08 am

Forty Two wrote:
NineBerry wrote:I didn't say you ignored the question. I said you failed at answering it. http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1735179

And you were the one who brought up the topic of whether there are male bodies. While I was discussing the question that there must be genes that determine gender.
Well, if you think there are genes that determine gender (a social construction) then it would be incumbent upon you to present the evidence for that in the genome. My understanding to genetics is that there is not a gene or set of genes that determines a person's gender.
NineBerry wrote: So, do you have any evidence or logical argument why there are no gender genes. And further: Will you take the time necessary to understand that science does indeed say that there are love genes?
Well, yeah, the absence of evidence of there being genes that determine gender.

Well, I'm willing to consider this love gene assertion. However, you'll need to perhaps tell me more detail about what you mean by a "love gene." I suspect I know what you're on about, and it's half pop-science. But, I'll let you provide the support for your assertion.

What is advanced without evidence can be rejected without evidence. So far, you've said that there are genes that determine your gender, and a "love gene." Well, present your evidence. Until then, rejecting your claim is as simple as saying you've not proved it.
What is gender?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT
.

User avatar
laklak
Posts: 19836
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:07 pm
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Contact:

Re: Gender Studies - what is taught in gender studies course

Post by laklak » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
laklak wrote: I wear socks with flip flops in the winter.
Oo, you saucy minx you. :swoon:
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests