Problematic Stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:34 pm

rainbow wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Referring to someone as homeless is offensive and insulting hate speech.

They have homes. Home is where the heart is, and just because their home has no walls, windows or doors doesn't mean they are home-less. They are differently housed. Free range humans.
You are wronger than an arsehole in the middle of your forehead.
You don't get to tell people when they've been subjected to hate speech and microaggressions. Listen and believe.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:16 pm

I'll say what I have to say wherever I happen to be... I have little reasons to go visit Canada, though...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:20 pm

You're actually a Canuck, aren't you?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 pm

What's the difference between the speaker on the left and the speaker on the right? Why would one be permissible, and other rightfully prohibited? The problem with the point this cartoon is trying to make is quite easy to identify.

So, the cartoon seems to be saying that protesting against racist speech is not considered free speech in the US, whereas the racist speech is considered free speech. This is to highlight a basic hypocrisy among certain people who support free speech, but apparently want to silence dissent themselves.

So...what's wrong with the second picture here that destroys the cartoon's own point?
Last edited by Forty Two on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:28 pm

pErvin wrote:You're actually a Canuck, aren't you?
Quebec born and French speaking, but actually a French national; so I'm not sure I actually answer to 'canuck'.
Last edited by Svartalf on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Svartalf wrote:
pErvin wrote:You're actually a Canuck, aren't you?
Quebec born and French speaking, so I'm not sure I actually answer to 'canuck', which more defines anglos from ontario.
He's a Habitant.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:31 pm

nope, habitant is slang for country niggers in the Caribbeans...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Svartalf wrote:nope, habitant is slang for country niggers in the Caribbeans...
Habitants is the name used to refer to both the French settlers and the inhabitants of French origin who farmed the land along the two shores of the
St. Lawrence Gulf and River in what is the present-day Province of Quebec in Canada. That's why the Montreal Canadiens are nicknamed the Habs.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 pm

never heard of that, I don't know where that denomination is prevalent, nor what the connotations may be.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm

It's funny how the same people who support the idea of microaggressions and loathe harassment have no problem blaring horns and screaming down other people. Hey, at least they didn't clap, right? They snapped their fingers...oh, wait, they did clap, in unison....

"No freedom for hate speech!" LOL So much for Noam Chomsky's idea that if you don't support free speech for those you hate, you don't support it at all. Or, well, I guess the idea is that these fucking scumbags just don't believe in free speech. At all.

Scumbags.

"This is where we draw the line?" You know what? Fuck you and your line.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:24 am

Where do sjw's say they believe in the ideological liberal idea of free speech? I'd suggest that they don't.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:14 pm

pErvin wrote:Where do sjw's say they believe in the ideological liberal idea of free speech? I'd suggest that they don't.
They believe in it for themselves.

They descry hate speech and they "draw the line" at a guy who doesn't want to be compelled under penalty of fines or imprisonment to use certain words which are consistent with an ideology he opposes.

But, they afford themselves the right to blow bullhorns and other noisemakers at a professor who is just there to give a talk to people who are calmly sitting there and listening. They afford themselves the right to call that professor a "piece of shit" repeatedly, in his face, over and over again, without regard for whether that is a microaggression or aggression against the professor, and without regard for his feelings, whether it "triggers" him, etc. They give themselves the right to pull fire alarms and otherwise disrupt peaceful gatherings because they don't like the message being talked about. And, some of them give themselves the right to physically attack those who speak and those who are listening.

That's the SJW way. Free speech for me to be as obnoxious, loud, disruptive, profane, and harassing as I wanna be...and no free speech for you, you transphobic piece of shit! This is where we draw the line! [blaring horns and screaming hecklers] Shut him down! Shut him down! Shut him down!

And, what's worse, the SJWs tend to think they are on the side of right in doing so. They are DEFENDING the righteous ground when they do what they do to Professor Peterson and others.

It's kind of like that cartoon I posted above, they can always paint themselves as the heroes and victims. They don't see the difference between a sign being put up by a group they oppose, and their own defacement of that sign. They think their defacement is right, because they are on the side of the good guys. They are championing the oppressed. As the quote goes, of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely held for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive....those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience....This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” CS Lewis. That's the SJWs - they aren't religious moral busybodies. They are secular moral busybodies, shutting up peaceful discourse on topics they don't like, one speaker at a time....for our own good.... protecting us from the evil ideas...protecting us from the hate...protecting the "oppressed groups" from those dangerous ideas....

Thanks, SJWs...but no thanks. We do not need your good intentions. You are not the arbiter of what is good for us. Fuck off. Go fuck yourselves. We will not bow to your will, regardless of how many times you claim the righteous high ground. I won't cede that territory to the religious fundamentalist, and I won't cede it to the SJW.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:11 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:Where do sjw's say they believe in the ideological liberal idea of free speech? I'd suggest that they don't.
They believe in it for themselves.
So they don't believe in the ideological liberal idea of free speech? Is there any point in me continuing to read the rest of your non-sequitur?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 am

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 am

:lol:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!