Problematic Stuff

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 14, 2018 1:48 am

If only the Nazis and Jews sat down for a cup of tea and nice chat, that whole Holocaust thing could have been avoided.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2018 5:56 am

This is why I have people like this on ignore. They'll innocently defend a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, rapist, rights stripping, hateful, bigoted, environment-destroying, piece of shit like Trump and then try claim the moral high-ground when you rightfully get angry that anyone could supported such spite, malice, and wanton destruction and its associated ideology.

Don't engage. Just destroy them. Destroy them at the polls. Take your country back.

It's now the hope that the young, first-time voters, angry that their government is not only not protecting them from being massacred, but actively exasperating the problem, will assemble and flip the country blue, work towards a better future, and bury the old.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 am

Donald Trump is very liberal. If you didn't have 42 on ignore you would know this..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2018 10:47 am

dying-laughing-gif-5.gif
dying-laughing-gif-5.gif (444.13 KiB) Viewed 1997 times
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 pm
Hermit wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:02 am
Seabass wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm
I know how to address other people without personal attacks. Trumpkins are not people. Trumpkins are trash. Trumpkins do not deserve respect; they deserve only contempt. Putting a bigoted fascist fuck in power is far, far worse than being mean to someone on the internet.
Trumpkins are not people? What a remarkable assertion.

Teh forum Rulez do not exclude forum members who are also Trumpkins from the protection of the Play Nice Rule. If you keep acting as if they are excluded the mods will make good on their promise.
It's just an inability to consider an argument without agreeing with it. Artistotle pointed this out some time ago, that the mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it. Certain members of this forum display a complete and utter inability to come anywhere near that spot.
The Jews should have been more polite to the Nazis. After all, they only had a difference of opinion.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:47 am
Feminism, winning for women the rights men have enjoyed for centuries, because as we all know, a man who showed up to present his thesis or dissertation in super-tight short-shorts would not have anyone bat an eye.
Following the incident, 11 of the 13 other students in the class issued a statement saying they “supported Ms Chai’s commitment to the cause of women’s rights” but did not agree with her recollection of the events.

“All of us feel that out professor’s words and actions were unfairly represented in the post, with certain quotes taken out of context and we wish to clarify any misunderstandings that may have occurred,” they said.

The students described their teacher as an “outstanding member” of the university and “a gift to Cornell”.

“In an environment like Cornell, where it is so easy to feel dismissed by both your peers and higher-ups, she is unparalleled in her support of us,” the statement read.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 48716.html
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2018 12:30 pm

I love that the notifications tell me when people I have ignore have quoted me. As if their irrational apologetics can convince me Trump isn't a piece of shit who cheats, swindles, steals, rapes, destroys, harms, and divides.

Only Trump can do that.

Their apologetics only serve themselves so they can sleep at night. And as such I can't be bothered reading them.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:56 am
This is why I have people like this on ignore. They'll innocently defend a racist, misogynistic, homophobic, rapist, rights stripping, hateful, bigoted, environment-destroying, piece of shit like Trump and then try claim the moral high-ground when you rightfully get angry that anyone could supported such spite, malice, and wanton destruction and its associated ideology.
I honestly don't care if you get angry while mischaracterizing my views. I would just ask that your posts be confined to the rules, like everyone else. While I know it's in fashion these days, the fact that you are angry, even "rightfully" so, does not give you a pass on abiding by the rules. Mayb a moderator would chime in here to clarify that?

Animavore wrote:
Don't engage. Just destroy them. Destroy them at the polls. Take your country back.
Do as you please. Just abide by the rules here.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon May 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Animavore wrote:
Yeah, I should probably put him on ignore too. I've never even considered putting anyone else on ignore before. My god, he's the absolute WORST.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm

I'd appreciate it if you did, because those of you who cannot speak to people without violating the rules here are best kept talking to yourselves. Then you can rest safely in your echo chamber.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm
I'd appreciate it if you did,
Done.
because those of you who cannot speak to people without violating the rules
It's just you. I hate your guts.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm

:lol:

It's bad enough he got duped into the belief Trump was just acting to get support and this great man was going to emerge once he got in; but when that never happened he couldn't swallow his pride and admit he was wrong and doubled-down and began defending the indefensible.

When he cited InfoWars as a news source, well, that's when I couldn't listen any more.

InfoWars!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm
I'd appreciate it if you did,
Done.
because those of you who cannot speak to people without violating the rules
Seabass wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:00 pm
It's just you. I hate your guts.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm
:lol:

It's bad enough he got duped into the belief Trump was just acting to get support and this great man was going to emerge once he got in; but when that never happened he couldn't swallow his pride and admit he was wrong and doubled-down and began defending the indefensible.

When he cited InfoWars as a news source, well, that's when I couldn't listen any more.

InfoWars!
It wasn't as a "news source." It was a video. You drone on about that as if it matters.

Defend the indefensible? Trump is doing great. Despite all the chirping from monsters like yourself, he's achieved tax relief, is nearing a monumental deal with North Korea, withdrew from the ill-advised climate and Iran treaties, has all but eliminated ISIS, has begun implementing a sea-change in the law which will dramatically reduce pharamaceutical prices, elimination of costly and pointless regulations at a level unprecedented in history, ended Obamacare individual mandate, among other things.
As President Trump finished his first full year in office, he could look back at an impressive record of achievement of a kind rarely attained by an incoming president — much less by one who arrived in office as a private-sector billionaire without either prior political office or military service. As unintended proof of his accomplishments, Trump’s many liberal opponents have gone from initially declaring him an incompetent to warning that he has become effective — insanely so — in overturning the Obama progressive agenda.
A politicized FBI, DOJ, and IRS was Obama’s legacy, not Trump’s doing, as some of the Never Trump circle predicted.
Trump’s multitude of critics is unable to argue that his record is shoddy and must instead insist that his list of achievements is due mostly to the Republican Congress. Or they claim he is beholden to the legacy of the Obama administration. Or they insist that credit belongs with his own impressive economic and national-security cabinet-level appointments. Or that whatever good came of Trump’s first year is nullified by Trump’s persistent personal odiousness.
At the conclusion of Trump’s first year, the stock market and small-business confidence are at record highs, and consumer confidence has not been higher in 17 years. Trump’s loud campaign promises to lure back capital and industry to the heartland no longer look quixotic, given new tax and deregulatory incentives and far cheaper energy costs than in most of Europe and Japan.
Trump has now ended 66 regulations for every one he has added. Few believed a Republican president could cut the corporate-tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent while capping state- and local-tax deductions for mostly high earners to $10,000. Those are the highlights of a comprehensive tax-reform and -reduction agenda that will likely accelerate the economy to an even more rapid growth rate than Trump’s first two full quarters of annualized increases in GDP of more than 3 percent.
illegal immigration has declined according to some metrics by over 60 percent. It is now at the lowest levels in the 21st century — even before the ending of chain migration and enacting of new border-security initiatives.
Abroad, the ISIS caliphate is for all purposes now extinct. Its demise is in part due to Trump’s outsourcing of the conflict to Secretary of Defense James Mattis, who liberated ground commanders from Obama-administration-era legalistic rules of engagement. Trump’s appointees, such as Mattis, National Security Adviser H. R. McMaster, U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, CIA Director Mike Pompeo, and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, have worked in concert to restore U.S. deterrence. Variously called “principled realism” or a new “Jacksonianism,” the Trump doctrine has now replaced the “strategic patience” and “lead from behind” recessionals of the prior administration and not emulated the neoconservative nation-building of the George W. Bush administration.
Trump almost immediately voiced support for mass demonstrations in Iran, in a manner Obama failed to do in 2009. An ironic fallout of the disastrous 2015 Iran deal may be that the theocracy so hyped its cash windfalls from American relaxation of embargoes and sanctions that it inadvertently raised Iranians’ expectations of a rise in the standard of living. Then it dashed just those hopes by squandering hundreds of millions of newfound dollars in subsidizing Hezbollah, conducting a costly expeditionary war to save the genocidal Bashar al-Assad regime, and likely continuing an exorbitantly costly nuclear-weapons program.

What is different about Iran’s internal unrest this time around is twofold. The Trump administration is not invested in any “landmark” deal with Tehran that requires ignoring protesters in the street. Trump also does not envision revolutionary and terror-sponsoring Iran as a “very successful regional power” with “legitimate defense concerns.” Rather, he sees Tehran, along with ISIS and al-Qaeda, as the chief source of Middle East unrest and anti-Americanism.

Moving the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, in line with past congressional mandates, along with threatening to curtail Palestinian aid, only reifies what is now widely accepted. The new Middle East is not the old. There are no longer any ongoing and viable “peace plans,” “road maps,” or “summits.” America is becoming energy-independent and immune to oil boycotts. There are new and greater threats than Israel to Arab regimes, from nuclear Iran to the scourge of Islamic terrorism in Iraq and Syria. Patience is wearing thin as after 30 years the Palestinians still cannot create transparent and consensual government. Seventy years after the birth of Israel, the Palestinians still insist on being called “refugees” — when most of the world’s millions of displaced persons decades ago moved on.
https://www.nationalreview.com/magazine ... mpressive/

Trump's accomplishments are wide-ranging and impressive. I support most of them. He's done a great job, after being treated to more attacks from outside his own party and within his own party than anyone I've ever seen. He has the media against him almost 100%, and if something good happens, it's broadcast for 5 minutes once, and if some scurrilous allegation is leveled by someone with an ax to grind, it's replayed over and over again for a week.

All I hear from you and some others is emotion. You don't address his actual accomplishments. You care about optics and non-policy related personal issues, and all the fluff and bluster. You never address his actual accomplishments, other than to scorn them, or declare that he's not responsible for them.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 pm

You forgot he's God's gift to comedy.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake