They must have found a brain cell.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:49 am

Union leader attacked after counter-protest to Tommy Robinson rally
A union leader has said he was the victim of an “unprovoked” attack by a mob after he addressed a counter-protest to a rally in support of Donald Trump and the jailed far-right leader Tommy Robinson.

Steve Hedley, senior assistant general secretary of the RMT, was among a number of officials assaulted by Robinson supporters, according to the union.

Witnesses said a mob ambushed a group at the Westminster Arms pub in central London on Saturday afternoon in a targeted attack.

In a video on social media, Hedley said: “We got attacked by a load of thugs, completely unprovoked.

“We defended ourselves obviously and there were a lot of casualties on both sides. But it was a completely unprovoked attack – we were just sitting there having a drink.

“If you oppose Tommy you get attacked by a glass and a chair – we have to stop this.”

He described the attackers as being from the far-right English Defence League, which Robinson used to lead.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:53 pm

It occurs to me that my last two posts demonstrate how fascists who exalt free speech as a primary or fundamental right are actually only interested in securing an exclusive use of that right for themselves.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:36 pm

That seems to be a common interest in alt groups both left and right. I hates them all.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:38 pm

There is no Alt Left. No such group exists.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

laklak

Post by laklak » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Looney Left, Pussyhat Brigade, I'm not sure of the preferred nomenclature.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 pm

There's an Alt Right. They are a self-named group with their own websites, doctrines, leaders, mission statements etc. Calling people who oppose these white supremacists arseholes the Alt Left is like calling all people who oppose the KKK the ꓘꓘꓘ. It's meaningless.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:34 pm

If only they had been more civil to him ...

'He said he was ‘going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,’ Miami Beach cops say'
A resident at a Miami Beach condo was angry after learning he was about to be evicted so he planned to burn down the building and had one group, in particular, targeted, police say.

Along with gasoline and some of the materials he planned to use to fan the flames, detectives found artifacts with swastikas and books of Nazi ideology inside his apartment.

Police say Stolper, 72, was angry over being served eviction papers and had expressed anger and aggression toward other residents at the condominium on several occasions.

On Thursday, police say Stolper told witness Luis Diaz that he was “going to burn down the building with all the f------ Jews,” according to the arrest report.

According to the affidavit, Diaz said Stolper told him he was going to fill plastic containers with gasoline, pour the fuel down the building’s main line, and ignite the gas. Stolper told Diaz that he purchased two electrical fans “to fan the flames and cause maximum amount of damage.”

Diaz also told police Stolper bought padlocks and painted them red and told him he had intended to place the locks on the condo’s fire hoses to prevent the fire department from putting out the fire.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Yeah, but he's not bad - just misunderstood, a little eccentric. And besides, there's nothing illegal about buying gasoline, fans, or padlocks. This is clearly the police persecuting an old white guy, which just goes to show that he was probably right and that they were all out to get him.

I move that the case be dismissed your honour.

:whistle:

Frank Zappa

laklak

Post by laklak » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 pm

ALL the fucking Jews? Man, he's gonna have his work cut out for him in South Florida, it's Jew Central from Boca all the way to Largo.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:51 pm

But at least you can get a decent bagel at 4am on a Sunday. :tea:

Frank Zappa

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:54 pm

And a decent pastrami on rye.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Police department in Florida falls victim to black identity politicking.
Probe found Fla. police chief told officers to pin unsolved crimes on random black people: report
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... ndom-black

The police chief in a small Florida town is accused of encouraging his officers to pin unsolved crimes on random, nearby black people so the department would have a better arrest record, the Miami Herald reported Thursday.

Former Biscayne Park Chief Raimundo Atesiano and two officers, Raul Fernandez and Charlie Dayoub, have been charged with falsely accusing a black Haitian-American teenager — identified as T.D. — with burglaries to impress local officials in the village north of Miami Shores.

All have pleaded not guilty to the accusations. A trial date is set for later this month.

The charges were part of a long history of targeting random people to achieve a spotless crime-solving record before an internal investigation in 2014, the Herald reported.

“If they have burglaries that are open cases that are not solved yet, if you see anybody black walking through our streets and they have somewhat of a record, arrest them so we can pin them for all the burglaries,” Officer Anthony De La Torre said as part the probe. “They were basically doing this to have a 100 percent clearance rate for the city.”
Four officers — a third of the tiny, 12-man force — admitted to an outside investigator that they felt pressured to file inaccurate charges.

De La Torre is the only one that mentioned targeting black people, but former Biscayne Park village manager Heidi Shafran told the newspaper that the orders given to officers were clear.

“The letters said police were doing a lot of bad things,” Shafran said. “It said police officers were directed to pick up people of color and blame the crimes on them.”

Atesiano abruptly resigned during the investigation in 2014 after a two-year tenure with a impressive crime stats. Only one of their 30 burglary cases had been unsolved, including 19 from 2013, the department boasted.

The year after his departure, not a single burglary case out of 19 was solved, the Herald noted.

T.D, a teenager who had several previous run-ins with the cops, was charged with four previously unsolved burglaries.

The report cited no witnesses, fingerprints, evidence, confessions or production of stolen property, the Herald noted.

The Miami-Dade state attorney’s office later dismissed all the charges against T.D., including previous accusations of fleeing and eluding the scene of a crime and those related to a rape case.

He was never formally charged with any crime.

Atestiano and Capt. Lawrence Churchman, who has not been indicted with a crime, both denied pressuring cops to make unwarranted arrests.

“Encouraging, or even demanding, that public employees raise their performance levels to meet the citizens’ expectations is not an invitation for those public employees to cut corners or falsify documents,” Atestiano’s defense attorney, Richard Docobo, told the Herald.

Churchman is accused of regularly making racist and sexist comments.

“The captain has said on several different occasions he doesn’t want any n-----s, f-----s or women bitches working at Biscayne Park,” officer Thomas Harrison told the investigator.

Churchman was suspended during the investigation and officially left the department in 2014.

In a statement to the Herald, he said it wasn’t his responsibility to handle burglary cases or crime statistics.

“It is ridiculous to believe that I would encourage sworn officers to falsify crime reports and to pin crimes on innocent people when clearing crimes was not my responsibility,” Churchman said.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:33 pm

Another white victim of black identity politics!
Black woman says CVS manager called police because she had wrong coupon
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/black ... ng-coupon/

Camilla Hudson wanted to use a manufacturer’s coupon at CVS on North Broadway on Friday night, but a manager who said he’d never seen a coupon like that called the police, she said in a Facebook post.

“So, THIS just happened: I had the police called on me for attempting to use a coupon @ the CVS Pharmacy located at 6150 N. Broadway in Chicago!” Hudson said in her widely shared Facebook post.

In the video, the manager, identified as Morry Matson, is seen shaking as he speaks with police on the phone. While describing Hudson to police, he calls her African-American to which she responds “I’m black. Black isn’t a bad word.”

Matson is running for 48th Ward alderman. One of his campaign promises is “increased police presence throughout Alderman Matson’s 48th Ward.” According to his aldermanic campaign website, he was a state delegate for President Donald Trump in the 2016 election and is president of the Log Cabin Republicans of Illinois, a group advocating for LGBTQ conservatives.

Hudson said in her post that there were three officers who showed up in response to Matson’s call, and she spoke with them before leaving the store. Chicago Police could not immediately respond to confirm.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:34 pm

While describing Hudson to police, he calls her African-American to which she responds “I’m black. Black isn’t a bad word.”
Nice.