Problematic Stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:06 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm
That is, indeed, ridiculous, and it is a direct outgrowth of the ridiculous left-wing progressive SJW identity politics.

Everyone starts to want to be in a protected group.

Some folks think it'll just be limited to the poor, downtrodden folks who have it so, so, sooooo bad.... that's what I've been on about. It wouldn't matter if it's just accommodating a small group of people who got the short end of the stick for too long. The problem is that it blossoms into a giant mass of absurdity, precisely as you have shown by the suggestion that police are a protected class and subject to hate crime legislation, which would spread into words against them being hate speech.
You really are a thoughtless twit. You seem pathologically incapable of empathizing with anyone who isn't straight, white and male. What the fuck do you expect beleaguered minorities to do, just accept their lot in life as second class citizens? See, here's the thing: enslavement of black people was white identity politics. Segregation, also white identity politics. Denial of rights to gays and trannies is hetero identity politics. Making it hard to get an abortion is christian identity politics. Whipping up resentment and division over the imagined "War on Christmas" is Christian identity politics.

Minorities wouldn't have to engage in identity politics if majorities didn't do it first.
The post to which I responded related to police claiming to be one of those beleagured minorities, and I note that that is exactly what I've been on about, that every group then wishes to be protected from negative comments about them, by calling it hate speech. Religions are the first ones on the bandwagon, but it doesn't stop there - it goes to groups like this - cops - the enforcement arm of the State wants protection from "hate."

Yes, segregation and slavery are part of identity politics, which is why it's so amazing that so-called "progressives" adopt that kind of ideology. They seem to be incapable of seeing that it's pernicious, and that what we should be after is viewing people as individuals, and each individual ought to have equal rights under the law.

I've never called identity politics "black" identity politics, or "minority" identity politics. I've just called it "identity" politics, because no matter who is asserting it, it's a horrible idea, as is its outgrowth, intersectionalism.

The does not protect, morever - not in any jurisdiction I'm aware of -- just "minority" groups. When hate speech or other protective laws are enacted, they refer to "on account of race" or "on account of sex" or "on account of religion." It doesn't say "oppressed race, religion or sex..." That's because the law generally has to apply equally to people. So, when you get a law like that, the white race thinks it can avail itself of the same protections afforded to blacks, and Christians think they are just as protected as Muslims. And, why shouldn't they?

I've said nothing to suggest that I don't have empathy toward other people. I do. I just don't base my empathy on people's membership in a given group, or how they "identify." I have empathy for individuals, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.

Please learn to address other people without personal attacks. You and others here are showing some true colors here. I suspect the moderators are noticing who the real problems are here at this forum. And it wasn't Seth and it isn't Cunt, that's for sure.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 11, 2018 12:56 pm

It's problematic to not get your baby's permission -- oh, wait, it's not a baby anymore, it's a "they-by" -- so, all you arbitrarily designated caretakers of they-bys, no changing nappies or diapers without the theyby's consent....

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 45581.html - I've seen this line of thinking before. A couple of years ago, there was an article on that rag Slate that said the same thing. It's really a thing in the Progressive Leftist SJW factions these days....

The recommendation is absurd. You're supposed notice your theyby has a full diaper, and then ask they if they want their diaper changed -- leave a space -- so they can express their consent nonverbally through eye contact and body language. An infant.

No advice is given as to what to do with non-consenting theybies. It seems to be assumed that the theyby will consent. Nonconsenting theybies must, apparently, be allowed to sit in their feces until they decide they want to be changed.

Alternatively, one could ignore their wishes and change them anyway.

The new wave of Progressive Leftist SJWs....
raising theybies in a "genderless world" -- https://www.babble.com/parenting/theybi ... parenting/

Don't refer to kids as boys or girls, says school board - http://abc11.com/politics/charlotte-sch ... s/1460043/

And, stop celebrating your child's "gender." https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a28 ... l-parties/ These factions even want to tell you what parties you can have, and whether you can celebrate your "theyby" being a boy or a girl.

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri May 11, 2018 1:01 pm

We are discussing this nappy consent thing in another thread. Not sure which thread, as I would have assumed it was this thread..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:36 pm
Seabass wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:06 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm
That is, indeed, ridiculous, and it is a direct outgrowth of the ridiculous left-wing progressive SJW identity politics.

Everyone starts to want to be in a protected group.

Some folks think it'll just be limited to the poor, downtrodden folks who have it so, so, sooooo bad.... that's what I've been on about. It wouldn't matter if it's just accommodating a small group of people who got the short end of the stick for too long. The problem is that it blossoms into a giant mass of absurdity, precisely as you have shown by the suggestion that police are a protected class and subject to hate crime legislation, which would spread into words against them being hate speech.
You really are a thoughtless twit. You seem pathologically incapable of empathizing with anyone who isn't straight, white and male. What the fuck do you expect beleaguered minorities to do, just accept their lot in life as second class citizens? See, here's the thing: enslavement of black people was white identity politics. Segregation, also white identity politics. Denial of rights to gays and trannies is hetero identity politics. Making it hard to get an abortion is christian identity politics. Whipping up resentment and division over the imagined "War on Christmas" is Christian identity politics.

Minorities wouldn't have to engage in identity politics if majorities didn't do it first.
The post to which I responded related to police claiming to be one of those beleagured minorities, and I note that that is exactly what I've been on about, that every group then wishes to be protected from negative comments about them, by calling it hate speech. Religions are the first ones on the bandwagon, but it doesn't stop there - it goes to groups like this - cops - the enforcement arm of the State wants protection from "hate."

Yes, segregation and slavery are part of identity politics, which is why it's so amazing that so-called "progressives" adopt that kind of ideology. They seem to be incapable of seeing that it's pernicious, and that what we should be after is viewing people as individuals, and each individual ought to have equal rights under the law.

I've never called identity politics "black" identity politics, or "minority" identity politics. I've just called it "identity" politics, because no matter who is asserting it, it's a horrible idea, as is its outgrowth, intersectionalism.

The does not protect, morever - not in any jurisdiction I'm aware of -- just "minority" groups. When hate speech or other protective laws are enacted, they refer to "on account of race" or "on account of sex" or "on account of religion." It doesn't say "oppressed race, religion or sex..." That's because the law generally has to apply equally to people. So, when you get a law like that, the white race thinks it can avail itself of the same protections afforded to blacks, and Christians think they are just as protected as Muslims. And, why shouldn't they?

I've said nothing to suggest that I don't have empathy toward other people. I do. I just don't base my empathy on people's membership in a given group, or how they "identify." I have empathy for individuals, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation.

Please learn to address other people without personal attacks. You and others here are showing some true colors here. I suspect the moderators are noticing who the real problems are here at this forum. And it wasn't Seth and it isn't Cunt, that's for sure.
The difference is that minorities do it in self-defence only after having been oppressed by a bigoted majority. What the fuck do you expect them to do, other than band together to find strength in numbers so that they might have a better chance to have their voices heard?

I know how to address other people without personal attacks. Trumpkins are not people. Trumpkins are trash. Trumpkins do not deserve respect; they deserve only contempt. Putting a bigoted fascist fuck in power is far, far worse than being mean to someone on the internet.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat May 12, 2018 12:02 am

Seabass wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:10 pm
I know how to address other people without personal attacks. Trumpkins are not people. Trumpkins are trash. Trumpkins do not deserve respect; they deserve only contempt. Putting a bigoted fascist fuck in power is far, far worse than being mean to someone on the internet.
Trumpkins are not people? What a remarkable assertion.

Teh forum Rulez do not exclude forum members who are also Trumpkins from the protection of the Play Nice Rule. If you keep acting as if they are excluded the mods will make good on their promise.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat May 12, 2018 1:03 am

Hermit wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 12:02 am
Seabass wrote:
How about "monsters wearing human skin"? Is that better? Or "Almost as smart as rainbow trout"? "The dumbest living organisms in the entire multiverse"?

Teh forum Rulez do not exclude forum members who are also Trumpkins from the protection of the Play Nice Rule. If you keep acting as if they are excluded the mods will make good on their promise.
That's fine. At least I'd have a break from Coito's mouth diarrhea. His constant defense of the indefensible makes me sick.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 am

Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

well... I know folk who'd deny personhood to complete idiots, on the basis that they are not sapient, as in homo sapiens sapiens.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 12, 2018 8:22 am

I think conservatives are a subspecies. They should be put on their own island chain and allowed to inbreed themselves into extinction.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat May 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 am
Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

well... I know folk who'd deny personhood to complete idiots, on the basis that they are not sapient, as in homo sapiens sapiens.
So Seabass is not on his own. Why am I not surprised?

Meanwhile, in the real world, or merely among this forum's members...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat May 12, 2018 8:35 pm

real life goes on and complete idiots are still voting citizens... explaining why and how utterly unsuitable things pass off for respectable humans and get to the seat of power ...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun May 13, 2018 7:47 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 pm

Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

It's just an inability to consider an argument without agreeing with it. Artistotle pointed this out some time ago, that the mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it. Certain members of this forum display a complete and utter inability to come anywhere near that spot.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Sun May 13, 2018 1:11 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 6:57 am
Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

You and those who hold your view of this are not the only members of this forum, nor do the forum rules suggest that you, Seabass, or others are a preferred faction within the forum. This kind of childish nonsense is not tolerated when directed at folks you sympathize with, so try on the "other shoes" doctrine to attend to this situation. What rules are applicable to you are also to be applicable to others, so if the moderators agree with you, then you can expect a lot of attention in return, because there are people who think your world view and your viewpoints on things are just as awful as you think those other people's views are. That's fodder for discussion, not abuse. You may think otherwise, but the letter and spirit of the rules are what they are, and it's abundantly clear that based on those rules you, and Seabass, are completely wrong.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun May 13, 2018 2:44 pm

The chick is cute enough, I know me.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun May 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 pm
Hermit wrote:
Seabass wrote:

It's just an inability to consider an argument without agreeing with it. Artistotle pointed this out some time ago, that the mark of an educated mind is the ability to entertain a thought without accepting it. Certain members of this forum display a complete and utter inability to come anywhere near that spot.
The Jews should have been more polite to the Nazis. After all, they only had a difference of opinion.