"If you dislike feminism ... "

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Re: "If you dislike feminism ... "

Post by Robert_S » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:21 am

I'm sorry if I've misrepresented you.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:25 am

Audley Strange wrote:Image

Satire or woman hating misogyny?

Very excellent satire.

:)
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

Cormac

Post by Cormac » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 am

Robert_S wrote:

Satire and well done.

It doesn't make use of sexist tropes and it isn't really hostile to anyone. It pokes fun at the lingo and it looks like the person put some thought and work into it.

Even if it specifically named people, and was overtly hostile to them, it would still be excellent satire.
FUCKERPUNKERSHIT!

Wanna buy some pegs Dave, I've got some pegs here...
You're my wife now!

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 am

Satire or not, where can I get one and will it audit my thetans?

Wait... wrong meter. :fp:
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." (David Hume)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
"Atque in perpetuum frater, ave atque vale." (Catullus)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?” (Bladerunner)

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:01 am

Robert_S wrote:

Satire and well done.

It doesn't make use of sexist tropes and it isn't really hostile to anyone. It pokes fun at the lingo and it looks like the person put some thought and work into it.

"rape tool" is a sexist trope. It serves the satire well in this case.
no fences

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:11 am

RiverF wrote: "rape tool" is a sexist trope. It serves the satire well in this case.
Use-mention distinction: It mentions an attitude towards the male pee pee.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 am

The penis .. and yes, as I said it serves the satire well.
no fences

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:04 am

Daedalus wrote:Satire or not, where can I get one and will it audit my thetans?

Actually, probably not. The meter shown is probably light-years ahead of the piece of crap Hubbard invented in detecting galvanic skin response, which is all their meter does to begin with.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:56 am

Robert_S wrote: Be careless criticizing people whose goals you largely support and you can fuck up and find yourself looking like your own enemy. That's not just a feminist or A+ thing. That's life in general.
Quite true, and something I do take into consideration. I'm just not yet at the "enemy of my enemy" stage. I hope that "yet" isn't necessary. If we're ever in the trenches fighting the Dominionist Holy Martyrbots I'll be glad of their company, I'm sure.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:20 am

Robert_S wrote: Be careless criticizing people whose goals you largely support and you can fuck up and find yourself looking like your own enemy. That's not just a feminist or A+ thing. That's life in general.

Ironically, that's one of my concerns about the alienating, divisive comments and assertions of the feminists I've been reading.
no fences

Daedalus

Post by Daedalus » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 am

Seth wrote:

Actually, probably not. The meter shown is probably light-years ahead of the piece of crap Hubbard invented in detecting galvanic skin response, which is all their meter does to begin with.
Wait, if that's all it does then how can it help to purge of me of alien ghosts?! :ask:
"A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence." (David Hume)
"The map is not the territory." (Alfred Korzybski)
"Atque in perpetuum frater, ave atque vale." (Catullus)
“You’re in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you’re not helping — why is that?” (Bladerunner)

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:24 am

laklak wrote:
Quite true, and something I do take into consideration. I'm just not yet at the "enemy of my enemy" stage. I hope that "yet" isn't necessary. If we're ever in the trenches fighting the Dominionist Holy Martyrbots I'll be glad of their company, I'm sure.
Right up until they don't need you any more and cut off your balls. Or maybe they won't let you join then until they cut off your balls.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 am

Daedalus wrote:
Seth wrote:

Wait, if that's all it does then how can it help to purge of me of alien ghosts?! :ask:
I couldn't say. You'd probably have to ask Ron. Or Tom.

Katie could probably tell you, but then they'd have to kill both of you.

I figure if Gargamel or whoever it is is around he/she/it can come by for a cuppa and some polite conversation or fuck off.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:28 am

Seth wrote:
laklak wrote:
Right up until they don't need you any more and cut off your balls. Or maybe they won't let you join then until they cut off your balls.
Pretty soon they won't even need us for reproduction. Then we're fucked. Or not, literally..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:31 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Seth wrote:
laklak wrote:
Pretty soon they won't even need us for reproduction. Then we're fucked. Or not, literally..
Well, even dykes sometimes like cock, so a life as a harem boy with a ready supply of little blue pills might not be so bad.