The Human Condition

Lozzer
First Only Gay

The Human Condition

Post by Lozzer » Sun May 10, 2009 8:51 pm

There's many 'qualities' and benign benefits about being Human: our body grants us the right to consume drugs for fun, it allows us to put ourselves in danger, it gives us the freedom to choose what we want to do--but all of these things have a cost. All things granted are actually dictated--controlled and allowed by a biological authority. We can become depressed--but we can't become 'undepressed'. We can fall in love--but we can't fall out of it. There is no will in these matters, the analgesic is given in course but neither that is a matter of will. Under introspection, we can get severely fed up with how our own form engulfs every action we can and cannot take--but ironically it gives us a way out, we can kill ourselves. However, not even this is as easy. We can terminate our own consciousness and our strict human abode on the exception(also delivered by our body) that it's incredibly painful.

The human condition is ineradicable. It will always have the last laugh. It will always be both kind and unkind--though one could argue, that it's kindness is lacking if not purely due to the fact that such generosity often entails unkind consequences. Our condition is a condition in the sense that is an affliction. Genes inflict life and despot it without invitation--they're worse than any god. The answer is a great and ironic circle, the exculpation can only come humanity destroying itself and all other life on this planet--genes would destroy themselves.

My last word are this, I'm a boy, a collection of genes perpetuated by 3 billion years worth of genetic progress and I want freedom, but such liberty is outside the fetters of my own existence. I don't know what to do.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeee

Lozzer
First Only Gay

Re: The Human Condition

Post by Lozzer » Sun May 10, 2009 9:11 pm

This just gets better (or worse). I have the answer to the conundrum! Had I not known of any of the above, had I not been aware of genes, had I not been able to think of such a thing--I would have been free! I was free but not any more.

That is to say, in the words of Orwells 1984--Freedom is slavery.

The alteration of the maxim remains true. It is true.
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeee

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon May 11, 2009 2:37 am

The fact that you 'want' freedom is merely a delusion brought about by your brain chemistry - again attributed to those genes. Why worry about it? Enjoy the ride. :tup:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Mon May 11, 2009 12:25 pm

Listening to waves gently rolling into shore at night while gazing at the starry expanse above is so ... peaceful. That's where I want to lose my mind forever.
no fences

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Charlou wrote:Listening to waves gently rolling into shore at night while gazing at the starry expanse above is so ... peaceful. That's where I want to lose my mind forever.
Hey! Where you been missus?
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Life , don't talk to me about life :hehe:
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

FBM
Ratz' first Gritizen.
About me: Skeptic. "Because it does not contend
It is therefore beyond reproach"

Post by FBM » Mon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Trigger Warning!!!1! :
accurate-watch.jpg
"A philosopher is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn't there. A theologian is the man who finds it." ~ H. L. Mencken

"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Wed May 13, 2009 4:23 am

Orwell's 'Freedom is slavery' was a reference to the illusion of freedom. As Carlin said, we are given the illusion of choice, the illusion of options. We are given no say on the Iraq war but 27 different flavours of bagel.
The human condition is simple - we are irrelevant. That's all there is to it. To our neighbours, to our countrymen, to every person who has ever lived, or who will ever live. To our planet. To our solar system, our galaxy, our place in time and space, to the Universe.
So what?
We're so utterly and totally worthless, so what's the point in doting about it? As a worthless nothing in all this vast expanse, I am trying to do my best to achieve what I want. Mostly that comes easy, sometimes not so easy, but whether I succeed or fail is as equally empty in this non-existant grand scheme.
My life is better than most, worse than some - yet how many people really know I exist? What problems afflict me might be seen as tragic to others, as boons to some. For quite a number I live in a paradise that is world's above the one in their heads.
What my genes are doesn't matter. What freedom I have is that which I create for myself. I am given, by chance, by the random combination of genes my parents hold, this body. Billions upon Billions of random events coalescing in to this vague semblance of order have born me in to this country, does that mean I should pledge my loyalty to it?
In all this chaos, we are given a brief moment of calm, a calm which so many others will never know. We are born as we are, and we make do with what we have, but resignation is the act of fools too caught up in notions of their own vanity. If you want meaning in your life, then make it. If you want freedom, grasp it with two hands and hold it tight until your last breath.

Die on your knees, die in your bed, die at the end of a rope or a needle, in front of a car, at the bottom of a cliff, at the hands of a lover or a stranger. Just make sure when you die you didn't spend all your life wishing you had more.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."