Yet more problematic stuff

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Svartalf » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 am
I think the milkshake trend is a great one, as it is annoying and purposeful but not actually harmful. A good way to be civilly disobedient without causing harm to anyone. Although, there is a place for punching Nazis too. Judicious use of both should be encouraged. :tea:
Bah, the milkshake is a poor imitation of the custard pie we, in Europe, have been using for decades
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:15 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:59 am
Brian Peacock wrote:

...I don't think racists, fascists and neo-Nazis should just be opposed, I think they need to be actively resisted...
What does that entail?

Strong public condemnation, with picketing-style protests?

Violence for self-defence?

Pre-emptive violence when they are planning something nasty?

Assassination?
A legal process to assess their aims and goals leading to a ban if necessary. Criminalising membership of banned groups. Education and broader discussion in schools and the media etc about those aims and goals and the harm they entail. De-platforming. Counter protest. Milkshakes.

The Alt-Right as a movement is predicated on violence and campaigns with calls for violence to be done to society at large - they may dress that up as 'policy' but if carried out those 'policies' would cause real harm to a great number of real people. To act in defence of society is justified and when and where the state is unable or unwilling to act to defend society then there seems little option but for society to take action to defend itself. As has been said before, the only thing needed for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:29 am

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am
pErvinalia wrote:
I think the milkshake trend is a great one, as it is annoying and purposeful but not actually harmful. A good way to be civilly disobedient without causing harm to anyone. Although, there is a place for punching Nazis too. Judicious use of both should be encouraged. :tea:
Bah, the milkshake is a poor imitation of the custard pie we, in Europe, have been using for decades
Custard pies are old technology. It's much easier to add quick-drying cement to milkshakes. :prof:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 am

Migel Farage: "If it [Brexit] is not delivered there will be wide-spread public anger in this country on a scale and in a way we have never seen before [...] If they don't deliver Brexit [...] then I will be forced to don khaki, pick up a rifle, and head to the front line."

The power of banana and salted caramel...

The chap, Paul Crowther, was subsequently ordered to pay Farage's cleaning bill, to pay for a replacement lapel microphone worth £239, and to pay Farage damages of £1: total £350. Also ordered to pay court costs of £170 and to undertake 150 hours unpaid community service work. Following the incident he was fired from his job and he and his family received death threats some of which the police described as 'credible'.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:47 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am
My point is that "the ends justify the means" is a dangerous trap for any part of the political spectrum...
Indeed. Which is why framimg our conversations and deliberations in terms of a response to the fascist and neo-Nazis of the Alt-Right is important and necessary. Unlike those hate-groups we don't oppose them and what they represent simply because they exist, but for what they say and do and for agitating for a kind of society which would grant them complete dominion over everybody else.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 am
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:17 am
Antifa attack on Andy Ngo seems problematic.
Andy Ngo publishing of the names, addresses and photos of people who oppose fascist and neo-Nazi groups seems more problematic than milkshake stains.

When people with ideas like those of Andy Ngo routinely inspire mass shootings, when they bring guns to protests and walk around with their fingers on the trigger chanting "Jews will not replace us!", when they threaten to start a civil war, or to forcibly remove people they don't like from the country, or advocate withdrawing access to healthcare, education or state support for ethnic/minority groups, then throwing a milkshake at an arsehole is not only significantly less problematic, it actually amounts to a de-escalation of violence.
Got it. You think assault and a brain bleed is a good sentence for antifa to dish out.

I prefer a justice system and some open fairness, but I can understand why you would prefer a gang of courageously masked thugs.
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 am
Every time someone whinges about milkshake
Funny you should use Tommy Robinson. Every time I've heard someone whinge about his actions, they don't talk about the issues he raises, instead focusing on how the man must be attacked. Funny how often those willing to condemn him are completely unwilling to hear his side of things, or consider the facts he shares.

Whatever it is he is saying, must be frightening as hell for all those ignorami who attack his person.
pErvinalia wrote:
Those who recommend it, but haven't punched any nazis, are either cowards, or too dumb to find a single nazi.

Are you in one of those groups?
JimC wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 am
My point is that "the ends justify the means" is a dangerous trap for any part of the political spectrum...
It's why mis-labeling someone as a nazi should be treated like a hate crime.

The rabid acceptance of assault and masked thugs (antifa) is all great news when your side are doing it, but have you ever considered what will happen if the other side starts responding in kind?

Which side is the 'pro-gun' side again?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:39 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:52 pm

The Human Rights gestapo in Canada are sitting to decide whether to force brown women to wax this ladies cock and balls. I hope everyone can see just who they are accepting complaints from.

https://mirandayardley.com/en/jonathan- ... -predator/
On December 10, Yaniv told Langley Township Council he was personally responsible for the suspension of prominent Canadian feminist blogger Meghan Murphy from Twitter, as well as being responsible for new policy changes on Twitter and WordPress, which have banned women and deleted entire blogs on the basis of punitive action for “misgendering” (correctly identifying sex).
I think he is the 'victim' the Human Rights Commission, Twitter (also banning Lindsay Sheppard) and many other VERY respectable organizations are championing.

So yeah. Great eh? Anyone dare to take a side? Or is that too problematic?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:36 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:47 am
Cunt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:17 am
Antifa attack on Andy Ngo seems problematic.
Andy Ngo publishing of the names, addresses and photos of people who oppose fascist and neo-Nazi groups seems more problematic than milkshake stains.

When people with ideas like those of Andy Ngo routinely inspire mass shootings, when they bring guns to protests and walk around with their fingers on the trigger chanting "Jews will not replace us!", when they threaten to start a civil war, or to forcibly remove people they don't like from the country, or advocate withdrawing access to healthcare, education or state support for ethnic/minority groups, then throwing a milkshake at an arsehole is not only significantly less problematic, it actually amounts to a de-escalation of violence.
Got it. You think assault and a brain bleed is a good sentence for antifa to dish out.
Nope. I think throwing milkshakes at fascists is actually a de-escalation of violence.

Ngo said he suffered a brain haemorrhage as a result of the attack but I very much doubt he would have walked out of hospital later that day if that had been the case. I think he's confused the word haematoma, the medical word for a bruise, with a the more dramatic haemorrhage (bleeding).

Oh, the horror of vegan milkshake!

And at all costs, don't talk about Proud Boys and bear mace eh? Who do you think wins in a battle between milkshake and bear mace?
Cunt wrote:
I prefer a justice system and some open fairness, but I can understand why you would prefer a gang of courageously masked thugs.
I'm glad you understand that I have absolutely no sympathy for Patriot Prayer or The Proud Boys who plan for violence and arrive tooled up, but I can understand why you might.
Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:51 am
Every time someone whinges about milkshake
Funny you should use Tommy Robinson. Every time I've heard someone whinge about his actions, they don't talk about the issues he raises, instead focusing on how the man must be attacked. Funny how often those willing to condemn him are completely unwilling to hear his side of things, or consider the facts he shares.
Yaxley is a fascist thug of long-standing with criminal convictions for assault - so you'll have to work harder and give some sort of cogent argument if you want me to give his bankrupt breed of hateful bile the time of day. Did you know that Yaxley adopted the nom de plume 'Tommy Robinson' in eponymous homage to a notorious football hoolian from the MIGs firm associated with Luton FC?
Cunt wrote:
Whatever it is he is saying, must be frightening as hell for all those ignorami who attack his person.
Nope. I don't find rabid racists frightening at all, I find them despicable. Nor am I ignorant of what Yaxley's old parties, the British National Party (formerly The National Front, formerly The League of Empire Loyalists, formerly The British Union of Fascists) or the English Defence League actually stand for, nor what Yaxley's current position as advisor to the leader of UKIP says about the direction that party has taken in recent years. If anyone is ignorant of who and what Yaxley actually is, and what he stands for, and the kind of future he and his ilk imagine, then it isn't me.
Cunt wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Those who recommend it, but haven't punched any nazis, are either cowards, or too dumb to find a single nazi.
Now you're acting just like Ngo - goading others into violence in the hope that it will somehow justify the kind of violence upon which fascist and neo-Nazi groups are predicated. Tell us, do you remember the day you decided to take the red pill?

Frank Zappa

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm

POLICE OFFICER SUGGESTS ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ SHOULD BE SHOT, CALLING HER A 'VILE IDIOT'
https://www.newsweek.com/police-alexand ... 3zLk1JUvD4

Words matter.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
Nope. I think throwing milkshakes at fascists is actually a de-escalation of violence.
You think his injury wasn't serious enough to condemn the attack.

Got it.

Ngo said he suffered a brain haemorrhage as a result of the attack but I very much doubt he would have walked out of hospital later that day if that had been the case. I think he's confused the word haematoma, the medical word for a bruise, with a the more dramatic haemorrhage (bleeding).
He should get hit harder, before earning your sympathy.

And at all costs, don't talk about Proud Boys and bear mace eh? Who do you think wins in a battle between milkshake and bear mace?
What about the Antifa thugs who use more than milkshakes? Will you condemn violence? Or just the kind that comes from the political 'other side'?

I would condemn ALL of it, which makes it easier to keep track of.
Cunt wrote:
I'm glad you understand that I have absolutely no sympathy for Patriot Prayer or The Proud Boys who plan for violence and arrive tooled up, but I can understand why you might.
Does Antifa, who carry tools and weapons to their 'protests' rise to the level of criminal for you? Or just the Proud Boys?

How about opposing anyone who masks up and assaults people? Can you do that? Or would you prefer to support masked attackers?
Yaxley is a fascist thug of long-standing with criminal convictions for assault - so you'll have to work harder and give some sort of cogent argument if you want me to give his bankrupt breed of hateful bile the time of day. Did you know that Yaxley adopted the nom de plume 'Tommy Robinson' in eponymous homage to a notorious football hoolian from the MIGs firm associated with Luton FC?
So again, attack the man (and try to 'doxx' him with his 'deadname' lol) but ignore the facts he has talked about.

I understand. It's easier (in this political climate) to simply condemn the man.

You could get into trouble with the government if you didn't condemn him roundly.
If anyone is ignorant of who and what Yaxley actually is, and what he stands for, and the kind of future he and his ilk imagine, then it isn't me.
I get it. Attack the man, ignore his points (whether true or not) because they are VERY uncomfortable for someone in your position to address.

It's why he was jailed, after all. Maybe if he's killed in there, it will finally shut him up, right?
Cunt wrote:

Now you're acting just like Ngo - goading others into violence in the hope that it will somehow justify the kind of violence upon which fascist and neo-Nazi groups are predicated. Tell us, do you remember the day you decided to take the red pill?
I'm not goading others - I don't recommend violence.

What I am trying to do is to show how shitty this position is. Claiming that you punch gorillas is not exactly brave, when there are no gorillas around. Jump in the gorilla enclosure and start punching them, then I think it may rise to a 'brave position'. But claiming there are gorillas everywhere, and you think they need to be punched would sound stupid.

As it does when people say they think nazis should be punched, but then can't find any.

Are there nazis around? Or is it just a common thing people do when they want to accuse someone of being sub-human?

Calling anyone (aside from a nazi) a nazi is dehumanizing, and awful. I hope it never gets done to you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Ayaan Hirsi Ali just said that Liberalism was incompatible with Islam. She had to go to Hungary to make such a statement without having someone attempt to 'deplatform' her, but at least she's still saying it. (podcast from 'The Intellectual Dark Web Podcast', so many of you will be reluctant to hear it)
I think it's good she is still speaking out.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 pm
Cunt wrote:
You think his injury wasn't serious enough to condemn the attack.

Got it.

He should get hit harder, before earning your sympathy.

What about the Antifa thugs who use more than milkshakes? Will you condemn violence? Or just the kind that comes from the political 'other side'?

I would condemn ALL of it, which makes it easier to keep track of.
Cunt wrote:
Does Antifa, who carry tools and weapons to their 'protests' rise to the level of criminal for you? Or just the Proud Boys?
Cunt wrote:
How about opposing anyone who masks up and assaults people? Can you do that? Or would you prefer to support masked attackers?
So again, attack the man (and try to 'doxx' him with his 'deadname' lol) but ignore the facts he has talked about.
What facts justify bully-boy racism exactly? As I said, you're going to have to work harder if you want me "to give his bankrupt breed of hateful bile the time of day". I'm all ears.
Cunt wrote:
If anyone is ignorant of who and what Yaxley actually is, and what he stands for, and the kind of future he and his ilk imagine, then it isn't me.
I get it. Attack the man, ignore his points (whether true or not) because they are VERY uncomfortable for someone in your position to address....
This highlights the dishonesty of your discourse. Listing the fascist and neo-Nazi groups that Yaxley has been involved in is not an attack unless, that is, calling a racist a racist or a fascist a fascist is an attack. You should click some of the links I provided. Yaxley is an avowed white-nationalist who wants the UK to be a white-ethnostate run for and by people who shared his ideology -- that's pretty much the definition of a fascist right there -- and you can dance around that all you like with mock OUTRAGE about what my milkshakes bring to the yard or faux challenges to make me take the words of fascists seriously. If you want me to give 'his points' consideration then let's have them, but I doubt very much that you really want to talk about what fascists and neo-Nazis like Robinson or the Proud Boys actually stand for or the kind of social and political changes they're agitating to bring about.

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:51 pm

about what my milkshakes bring to the yard
--plenty I'm sure. :smoke: