Yet more problematic stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm
Concerning problems, and not some cracker complaining he's the new oppressed.

A new study about the environment and public health reveals a stark inequity: White populations in the United States contribute more to air pollution than minority Hispanic and black populations. However, Hispanic and black populations are more likely to be breathing in the air pollution that's created.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/13/heal ... T7EFEosXxI
White populations contribute more to air pollution than minority hispanic and black populations?

That "study" couldn't possibly have been written any more obviously with the conclusion in mind before it was prepared. We want to show that white people create more air pollution than black people, so come up with a way to "prove" it. LOL.

First off, hispanic =/= non-white. These shit for brains do this crap all the time. Hispanic does NOT mean brown or black. Hispanic means that you come from a spanish speaking country. They're not "non-white." Most hispanics are white. As of 2010, 50.5 million or 16.3% of Americans identified as Hispanic or Latino. Of those, 26.7 million, or 53%, also self-identified as white. They are part of the "white populations" - so to mix them is not fair.
The study calculated ground-level pollution concentrations and mapped them to different demographic population areas. The result showed that more of this dangerous pollution was concentrated in areas with high black and Hispanic populations.
This pollution "is disproportionately induced by the racial-ethnic majority and disproportionately inhaled by racial-ethnic minorities," the study said

That's total bullshit - they're saying that whites produce more pollution out of the tailpipes of their cars, but there is more particulate matter/pollution in black and hispanic neighborhoods. What the fuck? The whites in the suburbs are driving their cars around the the barrios and inner cities so that white peoples' pollution is being breathed by the blacks and browns? Of course not. The reason the barrios and inner cities have more pollution is that they are in greater concentrations of people with lots more cars and other engines running - and they're being operated in those areas far more by browns and blacks, not whites. The study pretends the white suburbs' tailpipe pollution is floating over and coalescing in the inner cities for the brown people to breath.

Horse. Shit.

The article half acknowledges the issue -- "Some of it has to do with direct exposure to pollution. So, for instance, living close to freeways or factories would put one at risk of higher pollution exposure." - so white people produce more emissions, but brown people are more likely to live close to the highway. So, that means there is some sort of racial disparity?

This is social justice garbage infecting yet another area of science and research.

They'll say that black and brown people are more likely to be effected by bus accidents, since they're more likely to ride buses, bus accidents is actually a result of racism. It's our racist society! We need policies to equalize bus ridership, so that bus accidents effect every racial group equally.

White collar workers drive more cars and use more consumer goods than blue collar workers! Blue collar workers work in factories making cars and consumer goods! Therefore, blue collar workers are disproportionately exposed to workplace injuries and workplace pollution. Fucking hell.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:20 pm
...some cracker complaining he's the new oppressed.
What does 'cracker' mean? Does it refer to an occupation?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:35 pm

Cunt wrote:

Regardless of my apparent colour, I've been treated terribly.
So, you get people's backs up in real life as well? :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:52 pm

No surprises there.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:22 am

A right-wing terrorist (one can only assume) has shot up a mosque in New Zealand. Slightly more problematic than SJWers.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:25 pm

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brit ... 91051.html

Slutty chicks are being made modest by airlines. Good thing they are focusing on what is important, eh?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:46 pm

What I don't get is why an Aussie chose to shoot a Kiwi place rather than work at home.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Probably access to guns, by the sound of it. Also, cops in NZ don't carry guns, whereas they do in Oz.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 pm

which is why the terrorists were caught rather than shot where they stood, I see...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:52 pm

I think the cops with guns had shown up by that point.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 am

I came across this while reading about
the Christchurch attack and right-wing extremism.

Although in Europe Islamist militant violence has been more common and more lethal, signs of the threat posed by rightwing violence have long existed. In the UK in 2017 there were five terrorist attacks attributed to rightwing extremists.

In the US, violent rightwing activity was linked to at least 50 deaths in 2018. Research by the Anti-Defamation Leagueshowed that over the last decade, 73.3% of all extremist-related fatalities in the US could be linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 23.4% were attributable to Islamist extremists...
I would suggest that Islamicism is also a form of violent right-wing extremism.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 am
I came across this while reading about
the Christchurch attack and right-wing extremism.

Although in Europe Islamist militant violence has been more common and more lethal, signs of the threat posed by rightwing violence have long existed. In the UK in 2017 there were five terrorist attacks attributed to rightwing extremists.

In the US, violent rightwing activity was linked to at least 50 deaths in 2018. Research by the Anti-Defamation Leagueshowed that over the last decade, 73.3% of all extremist-related fatalities in the US could be linked to domestic right-wing extremists, while 23.4% were attributable to Islamist extremists...
I presume you mean fundamentalist/jihadist Islam...

Although it and current right-wing movements in the West are intersecting sets, where authoritarian and absolutist ideas abound, violence is the main solution and the ends always justify the means, there are also many important points of difference.
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Yes, in part. By 'Islamicism' I mean anything that advocates and/or agitates for or on behalf of Islam as a political ideology.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:13 am
JimC wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:24 pm
Yes, in part. By 'Islamicism' I mean anything that advocates and/or agitates for or on behalf of Islam as a political ideology.
And that set pretty well intersects with the fundamentalists. Moderate muslims living in the west accept that the political system they are living under is pluralist and secular.
And my gin!

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:42 am

I would agree wholeheartedly - theocratic - conservative politically and socially to the point of highly authoritarian -- tinges of racism, sexism, anti-gay - etc -- all aspects of the "far right wing extremism." The reason why it's not characterized as such is the infusion of, into the mainstream thought/zeitgeist, the nonsensical notion that Muslims are an oppressed minority, so they gain the sympathy of "the left" (under Progressive Stack/intersectionalist theory) and the left could not countenance support for that which is "right wing." Ergo, Muslim extremism is not right wing extremism - it's an oppressed group lashing out at the white oppressors.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar