Problematic Stuff

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by laklak » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Cash money and drugs are a better inducement.

Do they have a proposed solution for this crisis of involuntary celibacy? Like some sort of lotto, or mandatory blow jobs?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:52 pm

I have access to neither :cry:, and nono, there's no solution proposal to that problem, nobody will have me... why do you think I'm so thoroughly depressed all the time, damn, when have I been NOT depressed in the last 30 years... well, I could quote times, but those are a tiny minority.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:52 pm

The solution is to kill the guys who get girls, so there's more chance losers can score with girls.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Hank Azaria is going to step away from voicing Apu on the Simpsons.

"The idea that anybody, young or old, past or present, was bullied or teased based on the character of Apu — it just really makes me sad."

The fucking Social Justice Warriors have got to him.. :nono:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm

Yes, by all means, we must scrub comedy of any piss-taking of people's accents and heritage.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2llr0GcdgA[/youtube]

Last edited by Forty Two on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:44 pm

It's a tough one. I can see how it could easily lead to bullying and negative stereotyping. But on the other hand, it's fucking funny. I don't know what the right answer is to these types of issues.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:04 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

"The idea that anybody, young or old, past or present, was bullied or teased based on the character of Apu — it just really makes me sad."

I was watching The Wright Stuff (UK TV) this morning and this subject was mentioned. It was pointed out by one of the panel - (British of Indian origin) - that this appears to be an American problem. Over here we don't care and can see the humour in the situation. We certainly wouldn't use it to bully someone.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:25 pm

There's probably far more Indians (proportionally) in Britain that the US. Perhaps that plays a part.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:29 pm

What, you just accept that makes sense perv? Yeah right, bullies don't bully over this issue cause they can see the humor in it. :sigh: I'm in the fuckin loony bin.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Indians are not generally subject to bullying here in the States, not in any greater proportion than any other nationality. Indians are an admired minority, if anything, being that they tend to gravitate demographically to lucrative careers - business owners, doctors and other medical professionals, and the like.

Indian-Americans of the Apu variety have median annual incomes of $115,000 per year - the most of any ancestry group. These are not bullied or discriminated against people in general.

Yes, of course, if one is making fun of an Indian person, one might use the Indian accent as a go-to joke, because they can sound funny (which is the appeal of Apu). But, that's really no different than when northerners go down south and make fun of the southern accent because it can sound stupid to the northern ear.

It's all much ado about nothing.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Bullying does occur, and it does occur toward Indians and other nationalities. My parents are of European dissent, and I remember people laughing about their accents when I was a kid. They sounded vaguely like the Muppet's Swedish Chef. Accents sound funny sometimes. People can be dicks sometimes. But, are Indian people have a particularly big target on their backs? I don't see it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:22 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:39 pm

Oh noes! How dare he have compassion towards any children teased and bullied based off a character he played. The monster.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Re: Problematic Stuff2

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Yes, there was a wave of children being bullied because of Apu. It's amazing. For the past 27 years, children throughout the United States have been mercilessly bullied by imitations of the character Apu on the Simpsons.

Any compassionate person knows that we cannot have humorous characters in adult comedy cartoons. Cartoons must be accurate and serious in all respects, which means they cannot have immigrant characters with funny accents.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:18 pm

WildBeast-hires.png
It's just jokes.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:35 am

Alan B wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:04 pm
I was watching The Wright Stuff (UK TV) this morning...
You are dead to me.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT