GOP Primaries/Caucuses Discussions, Jokes and Predictions

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: GOP Primaries/Caucuses Discussions, Jokes and Prediction

Post by Forty Two » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:27 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
Forty Two wrote:They don't care about the guy who has had his life destroyed. Hashtag, Kill All Men. All men are rapists or potential rapists. All men are misogynists. Men are, even if they don't know it, sexists because they directly benefit from the sexist patriarchal system that benefits men and oppresses women. That's modern feminism. Listen and believe - false rape and sexual assault claims are so vanishingly small in number, that to disbelieve an accuser is itself more abuse. She's a survivor, not an accuser. He did it. To ask for proof or details to evaluate an allegation discourages victims from coming forward.

This is standard stuff
Bullshit. Talk about fucking hyperbole! :roll:
It's not my hyperbole. Have you followed, for example, the Jian Ghomeshi trial? Have you seen the modern sexual assault investigation and discipline procedures at colleges and universities? Have you heard the modern feminists with their arguments about how the patriarchy causes all men, even those who don't think they are sexist, to be sexist? Haven't you seen the killallmen hashtag? You've not heard the "Listen and Believe" movement, which demands that women be believed without requesting evidence or questioning the "victim" because that's continued victimization? This is not outrageous feminist rhetoric - it's mainstream stuff.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:31 am

JimC wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

...Those people may stay home...
I've thought all along that the key to the actual election might involve a differential in voter turn-out.
Quite possible - and Trump has already blown past the number of votes Romney got in the 2012 primaries, and we're not even done. Trump is on pace to receive more Republican primary votes than any Republican candidate ever has. And that's with a heavily diluted field for the first 1/2 of the primaries and still three candidates in the race now, not just two.

He has fired up some voters. And, anyone who thinks Trump can't win over some blue collar, moderate and conservative Democrats is probably incorrect. The Democrat party is not just Progressive Leftists. There are plenty of center right Democrats, and among unions, construction workers, blue collar folks, etc., there are a ton of "working class" Democrats who like the cut of his jib.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:53 am

There is a wing of the progressives that are anti-war or anti-globalization. Trump and Bernie are actually fairly close on that topic.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:23 pm

"Legal representation to obtain restitution from the killer, corporations and companies deemed legally liable for the illegal alien’s presence and/or employment."

Victims of illegal alien crimes; trump will let them sue. If companies are financially liable for hiring illegals, no one will.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Aren't there already penalties for hiring illegals? :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:41 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Aren't there already penalties for hiring illegals? :think:
Sure, but enforcement is nonexistent.

And, in the US it's fairly easy to make money without being hired. What a lot of illegals do is start their own companies. One common thing to do is start a cleaning service. They show up, find a community of other expatriates from their country, and they can be hired "under the table" for cash payments off the books, and then they save up some dough. They then start a side business where they get folks to hire them to clean houses. I know an illegal alien couple personally that claims to take home $80k per year after taxes for cleaning houses about 8 hours a day.

Another common area are various trades - a lot of people who put down flooring, carpeting, tile, hardwood, etc., in houses are illegal. They make good scratch doing that stuff.

What folks do who want to be W-2 employees is they buy a fake social security number and then they use that when filling out an application at the gas station or some other retail place, and they get hired. There isn't a database that is very reliable for an employer to say "this person is ok to work" and "this person is not." They're supposed to follow the rules for filling out an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, but the pro-illegal-immigration crowd factored in so many "alternative documents" that person can provide to prove eligibility that there are easy ways to provide documents that suffice. And most employers don't follow the rules to verify anyway and nobody checks, because the pro-illegal-immigration folks don't want enforcement of these laws.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:42 pm

Technically yes, in practice no. It's quite surprising to me since every job I ever had I had to prove I was legally allowed to work.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 pm

If by proved you mean 'ticked a box', then I've had the same experience.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:31 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:If by proved you mean 'ticked a box', then I've had the same experience.
Drivers license and social security card. Last time was easy since I only had to show my passport.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:36 pm

It's all box ticking till somebody checks it.

piscator

Post by piscator » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:16 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
laklak wrote:Yeah, if you actually look at his position papers he's not as batshit as he first appears.
But I don't know if those papers are even a reflection of his true positions, and he DOES look completely batshit.
Yeah, that's the problem. It's impossible to know what he really stands for and believes. You can't have someone that unprofessional in the top job in the country/world.

Trump Repeats Hoax Story About Shooting Muslims With Pigs Blood to Rapturous Applause

by Sam Reisman | 11:14 pm, April 28th, 2016
Video
At a rally in Costa Mesa, Calif., Donald Trump repeated the vile hoax story about U.S. General John Joseph Pershing dipping bullets in pigs blood, shooting 49 Muslims and letting the 50th off with a warning. The crowd in California erupted in applause as he told it.

Trump has used this story to illustrate how effectively you can combat radical Islamic terrorism if you refuse to be politically correct.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-re ... -applause/

================================================================================================

Donald Trump cites dubious legend about Gen. Pershing, pig's blood and Muslims

By Louis Jacobson on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 at 4:02 p.m.

...In all, Trump’s claim is ridiculous, so we rate it Pants on Fire.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... en-pershi/

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:53 am

Forty Two wrote:

And, in the US it's fairly easy to make money without being hired. What a lot of illegals do is start their own companies. One common thing to do is start a cleaning service. They show up, find a community of other expatriates from their country, and they can be hired "under the table" for cash payments off the books, and then they save up some dough. They then start a side business where they get folks to hire them to clean houses. I know an illegal alien couple personally that claims to take home $80k per year after taxes for cleaning houses about 8 hours a day.
See, this is what I don't get. How are they forming companies and paying taxes? That requires interaction with the government. Surely the government checks whether they are giving business rights to a citizen or not, yes?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:52 am

Lots of (illegal?) Mexicans are rioting / protesting Trump's speech in California. 17 arrests, 5 damaged police cars, one cop sent to the hospital. I wonder if they realize that makes more people want to vote for Trump :hehe:

piscator

Post by piscator » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:57 am

Those people never had anyone else to vote for anyway...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon May 02, 2016 12:09 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Forty Two wrote:

See, this is what I don't get. How are they forming companies and paying taxes? That requires interaction with the government. Surely the government checks whether they are giving business rights to a citizen or not, yes?
No.

You do not have to be citizen, or even a permanent resident, or even living in the United States, to form a corporation in the US. Corporations are formed at the State level, so you New York corporations, Delaware Corporations, California corporations, etc. Anyone can file articles of incorporation and choose a name, declare an officer/director and designate a resident agent/registered office in the State and start working. State governments do not enforce immigration laws, and there is no law that says foreigners can't own businesses in the US. Conducting a trade or business in the US can be against the terms of a visa, but that's for the federal government to enforce -- and the federal government is run by people who really don't give a fuck about illegals working. In fact, the current party in control, the Democrats, want to extend whatever courtesies they can to illegals, because they want to make them legal, seeing each one as a new voter. Hence the huge push to "naturalize" as many people as they can this year....grateful new voters!

Also, one can run a business as a sole proprietorship without registering. Just pick a name and go. The only real problem is taxes. But the IRS doesn't give a fuck if you're illegal. Just pay your taxes. Illegals can file tax returns, pay taxes, get audited, whatever, and there are no consequences. The policy is to encourage money earners to file and pay taxes.