The most shocking news from E3...

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Re: The most shocking news from E3...

Post by Collector1337 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:29 am

Don't play Battlefield 4.

Boycott EA. They are a terrible company.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 am

Video games are a plot by the secret rulers of Earth to make the hominid population mindlessly compliant...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 am

JimC wrote:Video games are a plot by the secret rulers of Earth to make the hominid population mindlessly compliant...
No, that would be the paintings on the walls Horg did, you see the way Brig and Glyn and the others just stare at it for hours with the firelight flickering on it, making up little communal stories about the hunt, when they could be doing something more socially useful like clearing the mammoth bones from the front of the cave.

No that would be that reading and writing thing the kids are all being taught. In my day we ploughed the fields in the morning had starvation for lunch and then were whipped by the King's men all afternoon shoving big stones around. Now they just sit and stare blankly at parchment with squiggles on it and then come back and tell you all this stuff they didn't know before. It's a conspiracy!

Rubbish! The real conspiracy is television. Whole families slack jawed and silent being spoon-fed their next purchases by big business.

A stick with some shiny rattling metal and a slice of bread with jam on it and you'll have compliance, our artificial paradises tend to be an escape from that.

:{D
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 am

Collector1337 wrote:Don't play Battlefield 4.

Battlefield 4 is the first game I'm getting and I intend pumping serious amounts of hours into it like I've done and am still doing with Battlefield 3.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Collector1337
About me: I am a satire of your stereotype about me.

Post by Collector1337 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:34 am

Animavore wrote:

Battlefield 4 is the first game I'm getting and I intend pumping serious amounts of hours into it like I've done and am still doing with Battlefield 3.
I hope you know that EA's program "Origin" has complete access to your computer, so anything you have, programs installed, saved passwords, banking info, any files, etc. they can get anytime they want to, and mostly already have, especially your meta data.
"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:58 am

Collector1337 wrote:
Animavore wrote:

I hope you know that EA's program "Origin" has complete access to your computer, so anything you have, programs installed, saved passwords, banking info, any files, etc. they can get anytime they want to, and mostly already have, especially your meta data.
don't use it. On PS4 :coffee:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.