The Last of Us.

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Re: The Last of Us.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:16 pm

Animavore wrote:
tattuchu wrote:When does the game proper come out? Too drunk/lazy to look it up :smoke:
14/6
I just read this today:
RELEASE DATE
Jun 14, 2013
:tat:

Then I remembered your post and came back to kick the shit out of you :evil: But then I remembered that you guys write the date opposite from us :oops:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:21 pm

Just over one week :{D
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Wait! Even if you did read it backwards there is no 14th month :think:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Animavore wrote:Wait! Even if you did read it backwards there is no 14th month :think:
I figured it was June of 2014 :dunno:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:14 pm

But surely the context suggested it was just around the corner what with the reviews posted an' all?

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:31 pm

Animavore wrote:But surely the context suggested it was just around the corner what with the reviews posted an' all?
I had no idea. I figured it was coming out soon, but then you posted that and I was like, oh fuck. I mean, shit, I've been waiting for The Last Guardian for five fucking years (or more) :?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:43 pm

tattuchu wrote:
Animavore wrote:But surely the context suggested it was just around the corner what with the reviews posted an' all?
I had no idea. I figured it was coming out soon, but then you posted that and I was like, oh fuck. I mean, shit, I've been waiting for The Last Guardian for five fucking years (or more) :?
I have a feeling we'll never see that one :(

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Guess what I'm getting a pre-release copy of tomorrow? :)

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Just played the first three hours of The Last of Us. Just wow! The gameplay, the suspense, the terror, the atmosphere, the soundtrack, the best opening scene I've come across in a computer game in a while, the everything, just, wow!

If you have a PS3 you've no reason not to get it. If you don't have a PS3 - Beg, borrow or steal.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 am

That was the best game I've played in some time. I don't think I ever played a game before which actually made me care about the characters in it. The scripting and acting were great. If I had emotions I may even of shed a tear once or twice.
Sad now that it's over. I guess I'll have to play again on hard.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am

Long adventure then?
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:49 am

17 or so hours.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks

Post by tattuchu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Animavore wrote:That was the best game I've played in some time. I don't think I ever played a game before which actually made me care about the characters in it. The scripting and acting were great. If I had emotions I may even of shed a tear once or twice.
Sad now that it's over. I guess I'll have to play again on hard.
:hehe:

Seriously, only 17 hrs of gameplay? Is there any exploration or side quests or anything? Any replay value?

I just got it today, by the way. Traded in my Ni No Kuni :( Release date it tomorrow, so I'll pick it up then. Game Stop is within walking distance of my apartment :smoke:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 am

17 hours is plenty for a game of this type. As for replay value, it has an excellent multiplayer.

Here's the intro for anyone with no intention of buying it. Prolly the best intro on any game I've come across. Obviously don't watch if you are going to be buying it, it is better experienced through play than watched.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:16 pm

The revenues claimed by The Last of Us are actually very impressive in a wider context. We understand that the PlayStation title grossed more in its first two days than new box office hit Man of Steel.

Estimates from the movie trade press say that film made over £3m at the box office in the UK on Friday and Saturday. We're not allowed to share the numbers, but The Last of Us comfortably made more money over that same time period, although Man of Steel's audience was about three times bigger than the game's.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/uk-chart ... -1/0117246

Deserved it IMO.