Bioshock Infinite

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Trinity
About me: I'm growing a new me!!

Bioshock Infinite

Post by Trinity » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:58 am

I was browsing on Twitter this morning and came across this....has anyone played the game yet?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 64724.html
Here's to Now.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Bioshock Infinite

Post by Rum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes - to completion. In fact there is a thread about is somewhere.

I can say without reservation that it is the best computer game I have ever played. The plot and characters are really a step change up from what we are used to.

Buy it!

I played the PC version.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Trinity wrote:I was browsing on Twitter this morning and came across this....has anyone played the game yet?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/2 ... 64724.html
Oh dear, my dear. Yes, yes, yes. If you like video games, or your kids like video games, you absolutely need to get this game. The first two were absolutely amazing and from what I hear, the third, this latest, is an absolute masterpiece! I can't wait to get it :ab:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Trinity
About me: I'm growing a new me!!

Post by Trinity » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:12 pm

I was intrigued after reading the fears and opinions of David Barton in the article. What cracks me up is his naive conviction that there are those out there who will play the game who also could give a fuck about his religion and conservatism ANYWAY!!
The trailer looks awesome, but I only have an Apple, so I doubt I'll get to play it any time soon. Other than PC, what consoles is it playable on? My brother has an xbox so I could bend his ear :)
Here's to Now.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Trinity wrote:I was intrigued after reading the fears and opinions of David Barton in the article. What cracks me up is his naive conviction that there are those out there who will play the game who also could give a fuck about his religion and conservatism ANYWAY!!
The trailer looks awesome, but I only have an Apple, so I doubt I'll get to play it any time soon. Other than PC, what consoles is it playable on? My brother has an xbox so I could bend his ear :)
There is an Xbox version. My daughter played it on that and although not as graphically pretty as a high end PC it was just fine.

Edit: personally I just can't get on with console controls. I much prefer a mouse.