Steam? Steaming pile of shit more like!

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: Steam? Steaming pile of shit more like!

Post by Svartalf » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Făkünamę wrote:I hate Steam. Any game that requires Steam, I pirate. If it requires Steam to play online and it's an online only game, I don't buy it or I pirate it and play on pirate servers. Fuck Steam. :sulk:
Up the main sail ye scurvy dogs.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Rum wrote:True. I think CD/DVD sales from shops are pretty well dead - certainly for the PC they are. In the local Game Crysis 3 sells for 40 quid. It is 30 on Amazon.
I buy CDs for my puter from shops because I can't order from Amazon.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:29 am

Man, I went off my nut at Steam recently. I bought the most recent Civ game (Civ 37, I think), and what a fucking nightmare of a time I had trying to install it and play it. I gave them both barrels in a support request. Fuckers answered with a generic answer that didn't even address my questions. In the end I managed to work out a solution after spending a couple of days googling. Fuck Steam up the steam pipe with a rusty chainsaw!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am

rEvolutionist wrote:Man, I went off my nut at Steam recently. I bought the most recent Civ game (Civ 37, I think), and what a fucking nightmare of a time I had trying to install it and play it. I gave them both barrels in a support request. Fuckers answered with a generic answer that didn't even address my questions. In the end I managed to work out a solution after spending a couple of days googling. Fuck Steam up the steam pipe with a rusty chainsaw!
I agree, but I hope you'll end up enjoying Civ V. Make sure you have the Gods & Kings expansion pack, and search around for some mods. Using some good mods makes that game much better than it otherwise is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in the middle of a huge war with the Ottomans...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:44 am

I haven't been able to get into it yet. It's a big step up from the last civ game I had (CivIII). I actually prefer the older simpler interface and maps. I guess over time I will get used to it. But there's all this new stuff that I need to get my head around. I just haven't had the time to sink right into it. What do the mods do?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 am

The mods can do tons of things, from altering gameplay rules to graphics to units to scenarios.

Civ V is a different sort of game from even Civ IV, which itself was closer to Civ III than the new one. But I'm used to it and wouldn't go back.

Except the soundtrack sucks. Drearier than chamber music. Civ III had fantastic music.