Skyrim

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Tyrannical

Re: Skyrim

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 am

The Master pickpocket perk lets me steal the armor and clothes people are wearing. The castles are full of nekkid guards running around.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 am

But are they naked lady guards???
Nobody expects me...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 am

Shouldn't discussions of rimming be in NSFW?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Gallstones2
Let It All Hang Out

Post by Gallstones2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:39 am

andrewclunn wrote:But are they naked lady guards???

Nah, they still have bra and panties on lol :bored:
Marjee,normally don't deliver but I will for you!!!!!
P^3 + A^3 + T^3 = MFZ

Robert_S
Cookie Monster
About me: Too young to die of boredom, too old to grow up.

Post by Robert_S » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:13 am

Gallstones2 wrote:
andrewclunn wrote:But are they naked lady guards???

Nah, they still have bra and panties on lol :bored:
In Oblivion, there was a Deadric quest that just wasn't quite as believable because of that. Getting the Wabbajack was pretty cool though.

Edit:
Oops, I was thinking of the quest to get The Sanguine Rose.

Sheogorath's quest was pretty awesome too.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:21 am

Wabbajack? remind me about that? plz.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:43 am

Svartalf wrote:Wabbajack? remind me about that? plz.
You hit someone or something with it and it turns into another creature at random. You get it in the quest that involves an elaborate prank on a Kajeet village.
What I've found with a few discussions I've had lately is this self-satisfaction that people express with their proffessed open mindedness. In realty it ammounts to wilful ignorance and intellectual cowardice as they are choosing to not form any sort of opinion on a particular topic. Basically "I don't know and I'm not going to look at any evidence because I'm quite happy on this fence."
-Mr P

The Net is best considered analogous to communication with disincarnate intelligences. As any neophyte would tell you. Do not invoke that which you have no facility to banish.
Audley Strange

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:09 am

Because I haven't played Oblivion, but I remember something like that in Daggerfall
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 am

Svartalf wrote:Because I haven't played Oblivion, but I remember something like that in Daggerfall
I never played Daggerfall or any of the early series. I started with Morrowind. I thought it would be a fun shoot-em-up for the odd hour or two here and there when I saw a flatmate playing it. I was so wrong :timewarp:
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Alan C
Driver of screws
About me: Who is driving? Bear is driving. How can this be?

Post by Alan C » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 am

Don't got no xbox, I has a PC.
Just completed a dwarven armour set [found everything but the helm which I made], I love it. But then I think the dwarves are awesome, secular science-minded elf-race that got hated on by the god-botherers.
And when he was carrying that cross up the hill, any normal realistic bloke would have mule-kicked the guy on the left, clobbered the one on the right, and been over that green hill and far away before you could say "Pontius Pilate." - Arnold Rimmer

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:36 am

Alan C wrote:Don't got no xbox, I has a PC.
Just completed a dwarven armour set [found everything but the helm which I made], I love it. But then I think the dwarves are awesome, secular science-minded elf-race that got hated on by the god-botherers.
Buncha no-good tinkerers mucking about where mortals have no business meddling.
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Alan C
Driver of screws
About me: Who is driving? Bear is driving. How can this be?

Post by Alan C » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:02 am

Robert_S wrote:
Hell yeah! That is, until they apparently got themselves all disappeared save one of them. I love their steam/clockwork gear :steampunk:
And when he was carrying that cross up the hill, any normal realistic bloke would have mule-kicked the guy on the left, clobbered the one on the right, and been over that green hill and far away before you could say "Pontius Pilate." - Arnold Rimmer

Robert_S
Cookie Monster

Post by Robert_S » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 am

Alan C wrote:
Robert_S wrote:
Hell yeah! That is, until they apparently got themselves all disappeared save one of them. I love their steam/clockwork gear :steampunk:
Is there more of it in Skyrim?
-Mr P

Audley Strange

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:02 pm

A self loathing racist Dark Elf fighting for the storm cloaks? Of course!
Nobody expects me...

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 am

How about those morally questionable Daederic quests?
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.