Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Editi

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 am

After getting Battlefield I've no interest in Modern Warfare any more.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:00 pm

Animavore wrote:After getting Battlefield I've no interest in Modern Warfare any more.
Really? This is news.

Trouble is he is part of an elite killing tribe that has its base in southern Adelaide. Don't suppose they'll all want to change games at once. Locked in to the franchise now.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Magicziggy wrote:
Animavore wrote:After getting Battlefield I've no interest in Modern Warfare any more.
Really? This is news.

Trouble is he is part of an elite killing tribe that has its base in southern Adelaide. Don't suppose they'll all want to change games at once. Locked in to the franchise now.
Battlefield is simply a better game. It's more sociable too. You have to communicate rather than be a lone gunner.

Plus I love flying 'copters and jets :lozzer:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Magicziggy

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Animavore wrote:
Magicziggy wrote:
Really? This is news.

Battlefield is simply a better game. It's more sociable too. You have to communicate rather than be a lone gunner.

Plus I love flying 'copters and jets :lozzer:
Well they do communicate. He's there with his headset talking to his mates, including a friend that is currently in the States. No 'copters though.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Magicziggy wrote: No 'copters though.
:tdown:

I had to turn my mic off for that game. Too many fucking kids :hehe:

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:25 am

Finally finished Dark Souls and I think I explored every nook and cranny. It ended up that I was so powerful that nito and gwyn died in two crystal soulmass spells. I'm going to rest for a bit before I go through an NG+ run and get into the PVP, it looks a hoot.

Skyrim now.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 am

Skyrim! It's consumed my life.. I've only found one annoying bug so far; sometimes you can't quick select dual wield spells if you have a weapon in your right hand and you have to disarm then select the spell from the spells list. Minor annoyance.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Skyrim

Wish I wouldn't level up so fast though. I'm even having to avoid using some skills to keep my level down, otherwise I'm afraid I'll hit 50 before too long.
Not that 50 is the limit, but I hear enemies and loot don't scale past 50 and I don't want to spend 90% of my game at max.

Sure I abused smithing, but there isn't any other way to raise it. Same with enchantment. Alchemy is always kind of useful and seems to go up much slower by grinding, but it goes up at an acceptable rate through normal use.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Dark Souls just got patched for the better :yes:

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Two worlds 2. It has a few niggles. The main character minces like a big queen and there are some seriously eyeraping bloom effect that are hard to get rid of. It is very playable all the same
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Mr P
FRA of Mystery
About me: International man of mystery and all-round good egg.

Post by Mr P » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Coincidentally with regards to the colour theme, I've been playing this classic:

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:47 pm

PordFrefect wrote:Skyrim! It's consumed my life.. I've only found one annoying bug so far; sometimes you can't quick select dual wield spells if you have a weapon in your right hand and you have to disarm then select the spell from the spells list. Minor annoyance.
I need something to consume my life. I started playing Katamari something-or-other on my PS3. It's okay. I loved the PS2 games. But I'm bored with this and I only just started. Nothing holds my interest anymore :sigh:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Animavore wrote:Dark Souls just got patched for the better :yes:
So I've just seen.

On some of the gaming fora I frequent there is much comparison and thus bitching about Skyrim and Dark Souls. To be honest I've not really invested much time in Skyrim. Its vastness is just too daunting at the moment and the melee is inelegant. Its the only thing I think Dark Souls has above Skyrim, everything else is just too different. Dark Souls is a clockwork puzzle more akin to Majora's Mask than a sandbox.

Still I haven't touched Arkham, City Gears 3, Zelda or Assassin's Creed Revelations yet. It's been a fine fucking autumn for games.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:42 pm

tattuchu wrote:
I need something to consume my life. I started playing Katamari something-or-other on my PS3. It's okay. I loved the PS2 games. But I'm bored with this and I only just started. Nothing holds my interest anymore :sigh:
Get feckin' Dark Souls then. I keep tellin' people but no, they want to get lame-ass Skyrim.
It's like the difference between Lord of the Rings and Conan the Barbarian (talking books here). Sure LOTR is I nice little fantasy for school boys full of happy little elves and mincy little hobbits but you get a bit older and you want the same but more hardcore with demons that rip your spine out and sexual nymphs. That's Dark Souls to Skyrim. Sure Skyrim offers a nerdish little tale of frollicking merry men but you want to be balls-deep in unyielding, relentless, soul-crushing action. Get Dark Souls.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Audley Strange wrote: On some of the gaming fora I frequent there is much comparison and thus bitching about Skyrim and Dark Souls.

:shifty: