Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Editi

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am

I'm playing South Park: The Stick of Truth at the moment. Lulz!
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Fuck! I thought Dark Souls 2 came out today. Got to wait til friday.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:26 pm

It's out in America today, the bastids.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 pm

The Witcher 3 has been delayed again, to 2015. Is delaying the new standard?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:26 pm

Animavore wrote:
Guess I'll be playing InFamous: Second Son. I got a message from The Official PlaysStation Forum yesterday telling me they were sending me a free copy of Knack for my outstanding contribution. It'll give me something to trade in against InFamous.

I revived Knack today. Christ this is uninspired crap. The worst part is I can't trade it in at all. They gave me a promotional copy, with a generic Blu-Ray print and a clear, unlabelled case.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:00 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-la ... 0-6418279/

The Last Guardian is "absolutely" still on the way, but Sony won't say if it's coming to PS4
“You’re going to be very frustrated by this answer,” says Sony about whether The Last Guardian is still in development.

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Waiting for The Last Guardian is the only thing that's been keeping me from topping myself but not sure I can hold out much longer :ddpan:

Ani, is the Playstation forum still going? I was very active there years ago but then they shut it down. Or neutered it. Or I don't remember what exactly.
So what was your outstanding contribution there that got you that crappy game?

Anyway I'm playing Zelda Twilight Princess for the first time in years. Got a week to play it until my auction listing ends on ebay. I remember now why I got that big Midna tattoo on my ribs. Midna is awesome. I love her :hehe:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Yes. I'm on the PlayStation EU forum.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ ... ms/ct-p/55

But there's also a PlayStation US forum.

http://community.us.playstation.com/

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm

After sort of been on the fence a little over InFamous: Second Son I watched this leaked footage video out today which shows the first 20 minutes...
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2318855/ps ... eaked.html

...and I must say that I am impressed.
My expectations just went up a bit.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

:{D

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Dark Souls 2 is bloody amazing!

:tears:

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Animavore wrote:The Witcher 3 has been delayed again, to 2015. Is delaying the new standard?
Delaying is much preferable to rush releasing some half finished pile of shit which is a much more common occurrence.
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Drewish
I'm with stupid /\

Post by Drewish » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:56 am

Nobody expects me...

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

I've been busy with Kerbal Space Program.

I had never heard of it until I saw this comic by xkcd a few weeks ago:

It's a spaceflight simulator - kinda like a flight simulator only more complicated. You're in charge of running a space program for the Kerbals - a humanoid race of goofy little green guys. What they lack in brains they make up for in willingness to fund any space projects you can dream up, and there's always a steady stream of volunteers for manned flights. Design your own rockets and shuttles from hundreds of parts, plan and execute your own missions in space, from launching satellites to building space stations to sending astronauts or robotic rovers to other planets.

So I tried the demo. And found out that it's only in Alpha, with loads more to be added, so I bought it for $27.
It's very cool and inspiring. I have my own solar system to explore... when I don't screw up the physics and go flying off into space that is.

Here's a few of my exploits captured in screen shots:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Jumping for joy on the surface of the Mun:
Mun surface.jpg
Returning to Kerbin:
Kerbin reentry.jpg
Orbiting Eve (sorta the equivalent of Venus, only not quite so hostile):
Eve orbit.jpg
Landing on Eve. The landing did not go so smoothly. And yes, my explorers have no way of lifting off again and going home.
Eve colony.jpg
Approaching Duna (very similar to Mars):
Duna approach.jpg

Ian
Mr Incredible

Post by Ian » Fri May 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Part II:
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
I attempted to use Duna's atmosphere for aerocapture; that is to slow myself down and bring the craft into a nice orbit around the planet. But my angle wasn't shallow enough, so it turned into a landing. Thank goodness I had some fuel left or else I would've been going too fast to detach the capsule and deploy my chutes. Without that, I would've hit the surface and gone boom.
Duna reentry.jpg
There is a little bit of atmosphere on Mars. I don't know if it's enough for a chute like this to work so well, but here it worked enough to keep my guys alive:
Duna chute.jpg
The first Duna (Mars) colonists. Like the other ones, they have no way of lifting off and going home.
Duna colony.jpg
Blasting off for Jool (Jupiter). I'll have to design another rocket though - these poor guys went adrift in space before they could be captured by the planet's gravity.
Boost to Jool.jpg
This isn't my space station. I just copied it off the internet. But it's a cool indicator of some of the other stuff you can design and do with this game. Seriously, google KSP and check it out!
ss1.jpg