Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Editi

Post by Jason » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:01 pm

:what:

Started ME2 over again.. for some reason I have an aversion to actually finishing RPGs. I went back to Morrowind about 3 years after buying it and finished it. :P

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Animavore wrote:It sure is :tup:

I know the other stuff but what did you do with the knight?
Used the ladders to climb up towards the roof and dropped upon him like you would the Taurus demon, it fucked him right up.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Alright but did you attack him and he started attacking everyone as you ran? Did you just run by all the enemies on the upper floor to get to him?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Yeah I ran all the way up, freed him, attacked him and fled onto the stairs right at the room where you free him (half way down) where all the zombies and that big cleric prick had collected, slapped my knight shield up and tucked myself in at the corner at which point he cut his way through, I rolled down onto the floor, they clustered, the same again. He killed the zeds and the cleric guy and I ran like fuck all the way to the ladder.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

SPMaximus

Post by SPMaximus » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 am

played battlefield 3 for 1 minute and 40 seconds, then the round ended on the server i joined and now im going to sleep :yawn:

Eriku
About me: Mostly harmless...

Post by Eriku » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:22 am

Multiplayer on such games usually doesn't appeal to me too much, but I understand that BF3 isn't so intense, and the maps are huge so that you don't get nicked by a headshot right from the off by some twit who's been doing this since he was a toddler.

Only just got up and ran to check the post, Battlefield was there... installing and looking forward to having a go at single-player campaign.

SPMaximus

Post by SPMaximus » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:37 pm

the singleplayer campaign sounds shit :tea:

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Feck wrote:Chess mostly .
I'm surprised people still play that silly game. Once I discovered Axis & Allies I never went back.
Any game without a luck factor is not only unrealistic, but boring and predictable.
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:26 am

Downloading battlefield 3 now :lozzer:

Kr
About me: Man Fwuff!

Post by Kr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Picked up BF3 on the PS3. If you want a game or two, my PSN ID is Varone.

Multiplayer is great fun, but I wish they had some way of teaching people new to the series how to fly helicopters. I'm okay at it, that is to say I can take off, circle an area or fly strafing runs, but some people will happily wait for a helicopter to fill up, take off and dive sideways into the nearest hill. Very frustrating, when you know that had you could have flown them all to their destination instead.

Azathoth
blind idiot god
blind idiot god

Post by Azathoth » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Tropico 3. Picked it up on a steam offer earlier. It is fucking awesome. It is like Sim City but you get to play as the dictator of a carribean banana republic. :dp:

Well worth $6
Outside the ordered universe is that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Code: Select all

// Replaces with spaces the braces in cases where braces in places cause stasis 
   $str = str_replace(array("\{","\}")," ",$str);

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:22 am

Azathoth wrote:Tropico 3. Picked it up on a steam offer earlier. It is fucking awesome. It is like Sim City but you get to play as the dictator of a carribean banana republic. :dp:

Well worth $6
I've been meaning to get Tropico for ages.... might get 3 for Felix if it's that cheap.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:04 am

Battlefield 3 is too awesome for you guys.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

charlou
arseist

Post by charlou » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:45 am

Angus has put his request in for that one. Will probably get it in a few weeks .. something new to play might keep any chance of boredom at bay over the long summer break.
no fences

Magicziggy

Now what are you playing now 2: Limited Collectors Edition

Post by Magicziggy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:51 am

My oldest still living on the novelty of owning an Xbox and Black Ops. Not interested in the upcoming release of MW 3.

Like that'll last.