Pokemon Black & White

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Re: Pokemon Black & White

Post by Clinton Huxley » Mon May 17, 2010 7:52 am

Pokemon? Pikachu?

It was a hoop and a stick in my day.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Mon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

Animavore wrote:
Tails Turrosaki wrote:
Animavore wrote:How'd you get a Pikachu onto a bus?

:ddpan:
This is the same answer to how you shot web.
Eh?
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

ficklefiend

Post by ficklefiend » Mon May 17, 2010 11:38 am

NEW POKEMANS??!

yuuuuusssss

I bought a gameboy pocket just for the first pokemon. Me and my sister had to wait a couple of months after it came out till my birthday and we used to lie in bed and we had a pokemon magazine supplement from one of our friends which had all 150 pokemon on it. We would quiz each other on their stats and types etc.. until we knew all of them off by heart.

We ordered them from the back of the magazine (aww, pre-internet!) and we each got a bundle. I had
ImageImage

And I chose
been a sucker for water based starting pokemon ever since.

I was the first person we knew to fill my pokedex. The crushing disappointment of getting a "certificate" for that in front of all my friends still pains me. *sob*

Also, the first pack of pokemon cards my sister ever bought, she got a shiny charizard. We were waiting in the bank for mum. I nearly hyperventilated on the floor.
Set phasers tae malky!
www.ficklefiend.deviantart.com

Tails Turrosaki
About me: i h8 lyfe ////WRAISTSz//////
xOx ~* DoNt HaTe My KaWaIi DeSu *~ xOx
;**

Post by Tails Turrosaki » Mon May 17, 2010 7:05 pm

ficklefiend wrote:NEW POKEMANS??!

yuuuuusssss

I bought a gameboy pocket just for the first pokemon. Me and my sister had to wait a couple of months after it came out till my birthday and we used to lie in bed and we had a pokemon magazine supplement from one of our friends which had all 150 pokemon on it. We would quiz each other on their stats and types etc.. until we knew all of them off by heart.

We ordered them from the back of the magazine (aww, pre-internet!) and we each got a bundle. I had
ImageImage

And I chose
been a sucker for water based starting pokemon ever since.

I was the first person we knew to fill my pokedex. The crushing disappointment of getting a "certificate" for that in front of all my friends still pains me. *sob*

Also, the first pack of pokemon cards my sister ever bought, she got a shiny charizard. We were waiting in the bank for mum. I nearly hyperventilated on the floor.
And you're not one of those people who wear the nostalgia goggles and say, "NO! EVERY NEW VERSION SUCKS SO FUCK YOU." If not, I respect you. ♥
2 hawt 4 lyfe

beige

Post by beige » Mon May 17, 2010 7:12 pm

RuleBritannia wrote:I really don't remember, I was about 10 or 11, so I didn't buy these things myself. I still have my Game Boy and Game Boy Colour, relics to show my grandchildren and tell them how amazing and exciting it was to play with these things, they'll say "that's great grandpa", then go off to play in the holodeck.
Kekeke. I had a red gameboy pocket :D That thing was awesome. But getting hold of AAA batteries was a royal pain in the ass.

P.s. I had Blue and went with Charmander, along with Silver where I'd upgraed to a high-tech GB-colour and went with Cindaquil.

Fire = awesome.
In the best laid plans of history lie the ruins of the past
And a chronicle of suffering shows the mythic pall they cast
To believe is true religion, but to see is truth at last
Oh no, too late to hold a trial, time doesn't wait for the watchmaker's dial

ficklefiend

Post by ficklefiend » Mon May 17, 2010 7:30 pm

Tails Turrosaki wrote:
And you're not one of those people who wear the nostalgia goggles and say, "NO! EVERY NEW VERSION SUCKS SO FUCK YOU." If not, I respect you. ♥
Noooo... I am playing platinum right now on the DS. (stuck on the elite four boss, grr!!) I love the 3D, but not much else really changed. How can you hate it when it's basically the same game? (I do slightly miss the good old days of mew and mewtwo. There are so many new species I lost track ages ago.)

I stopped playing it through my teens, like you do. Then when I was about 17 or something my friend gave me her old colour gameboy and silver version. I was like "fuck it, I still love pokemon". :biggrin:
It's got a simple charm for me, I find it de-stressing to pick up and play for a bit. It's one of the very few rpg, turn-based type games that I can stand at all actually.
Set phasers tae malky!
www.ficklefiend.deviantart.com

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Mon May 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Bah, the new ones are ridiculous, especially that day/night cycle bullshit, and the billion types of pokeballs, and the multitude of legendaries which are so common that everywhere you fucking go, there's a legendary pokemon for you to capture, and worst of all either there is no puzzle at all meaning you just waltz in and abuse the save system until you catch it, or a puzzle so ridiculous it requires you to read fucking brail of all things.
And the starting pokemon...

Goddamnit, whatever happened to Charizard? Why can't I use Charizard anymore?
Charizard was the Samuel L. Jackson of pokemon, but the only way you can get that badass mother fucker is by jumping through all sorts of hoops with an emulator, or spending even more money on some shitty remakes.

What do you get instead? Some fucking rat with its arse on fire or a monkey that essentially copied the design, without the cool or the powerhouse.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

Tails Turrosaki
;**

Post by Tails Turrosaki » Mon May 17, 2010 10:52 pm

born-again-atheist wrote:Bah, the new ones are ridiculous, especially that day/night cycle bullshit, and the billion types of pokeballs, and the multitude of legendaries which are so common that everywhere you fucking go, there's a legendary pokemon for you to capture, and worst of all either there is no puzzle at all meaning you just waltz in and abuse the save system until you catch it, or a puzzle so ridiculous it requires you to read fucking brail of all things.
And the starting pokemon...

Goddamnit, whatever happened to Charizard? Why can't I use Charizard anymore?
Charizard was the Samuel L. Jackson of pokemon, but the only way you can get that badass mother fucker is by jumping through all sorts of hoops with an emulator, or spending even more money on some shitty remakes.

What do you get instead? Some fucking rat with its arse on fire or a monkey that essentially copied the design, without the cool or the powerhouse.
NOSTALGIA GOGGLES
They do fucking nothing but make you call out new things

Frankly, you could abuse the save system from the beginning ever since it started. And also, even while abusing it, it still takes about 24 hours to get to the Elite Four, and then you take an extra month trying to beat them. @_@ It's still absurdly challenging.

The starting Pokemon had began to suck a little bit, but they're improving now (I like the new ones :3). Plus there's all these add-ons that keep you addicted to the game longer, like fun little minigames and side events and all that... There's nothing to hate about it, personally. 3-D graphics, better designing, COLOR, more moves, more things to keep you occupied, more everything. They'll keep adding on till they've ran out of ideas, which will probably never happen.

At LEAST they're original and don't copy other games or characters from other games... They create their own shit. How about you sit there and try to come up with about 135 new Pokemon characters, their names, set moves, how they all intertwine, a plot, a bunch of minigames, puzzles...
2 hawt 4 lyfe

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 pm

lol.
New guys Original? No.
For fuck's sake, one of the secret guys in the new ones has exactly the same structure and colour as one of the guys from the sapphire and ruby versions, the difference being it has no legs.

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon May 24, 2010 6:35 am

:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Achtland
About me: O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you

Post by Achtland » Mon May 24, 2010 11:59 am

i dropped wine on my ds lite :cry:
and can't find the charger for my dsi :cry:
now i find out there is another pokemon game coming out this day is the worst one so far :banghead:

Tails Turrosaki
;**

Post by Tails Turrosaki » Mon May 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Achtland wrote:i dropped wine on my ds lite :cry:
and can't find the charger for my dsi :cry:
now i find out there is another pokemon game coming out this day is the worst one so far :banghead:
It's coming out in like 2011. You have time. :razzle:
2 hawt 4 lyfe