Halo: Reach Beta

For discussion of video games, and their theory and practice, as well as the social impact of such.
Link
About me: I'm here to save the princess Zelda

Halo: Reach Beta

Post by Link » Sat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Who's played the Halo:Reach beta on Xbox 360? What are your thoughts and will you be buying the full game?

I've managed to get a few games in, have had to change the control scheme around to match the older halo games as the default feels a tad clunky to me.

The addition of a class system seems to work quite well when you are used to it although I'm not too sure about the roll ability of the Elites, it seems far to easy to just roll away from the gunfire which is great if you are on the receiving end of said gunfire but damn annoying if you're on the sending end :I-love-pork:

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Re: Halo: Reach Beta

Post by Trolldor » Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Link wrote:Who's played the Halo:Reach beta on Xbox 360? What are your thoughts and will you be buying the full game?

I've managed to get a few games in, have had to change the control scheme around to match the older halo games as the default feels a tad clunky to me.

The addition of a class system seems to work quite well when you are used to it although I'm not too sure about the roll ability of the Elites, it seems far to easy to just roll away from the gunfire which is great if you are on the receiving end of said gunfire but damn annoying if you're on the sending end :I-love-pork:
Got any plasma grenades? For balance sake they should freeze for a while after their roll, get the timing right and it's a sure kill.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."

Link
About me: I'm here to save the princess Zelda

Post by Link » Sat May 08, 2010 5:43 pm

born-again-atheist wrote:
Link wrote:Who's played the Halo:Reach beta on Xbox 360? What are your thoughts and will you be buying the full game?

Got any plasma grenades? For balance sake they should freeze for a while after their roll, get the timing right and it's a sure kill.
Aces, cheers for the tip, I was always relatively good at the previous Halo games, I'll need to give this one a few more hours before i can claim the same thing

Trolldor
Gargling with Nails

Post by Trolldor » Sat May 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Haven't played the beta, but it's a pretty standard feature of all games that let you roll... Except Legend of Zelda.
"The fact is that far more crime and child abuse has been committed by zealots in the name of God, Jesus and Mohammed than has ever been committed in the name of Satan. Many people don't like that statement but few can argue with it."