Stieg Larsson

Elessarina
Bearer of Anduril
Bearer of Anduril
About me: The Fastest Ratz.. apparently

Re: Stieg Larsson

Post by Elessarina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:14 am

I have started it and it seems really interesting. I know my mum really enjoyed it too and we have similar taste in books. have a hard time leaving it alone on my desk here - maybe I need a PDF version ..:hehe:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:12 pm

I read the first book. Should make a good movie. But quite violent and a bit kinky.

normal
!
!
About me: meh

Post by normal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:14 pm

I've read the trilogy, and it was very much to my liking. A bit much repetition of the same events, but it was exciting and a nice read :tup:
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   -Douglas Adams

Sælir
The Obedient Wife

Post by Sælir » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:50 pm

Tero wrote:I read the first book. Should make a good movie. But quite violent and a bit kinky.
Thy have made movies from all the three books which were really good but I think American versions are on their way and they might suck!
I´m just a delicate little flower!

Elessarina
Bearer of Anduril
Bearer of Anduril

Post by Elessarina » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:59 am

I read 115 pages of it yesterday! I as given a book by a co-worker in May that I have only in that time read 200 pages of...(but that's a reflection of my boredom with that book really as I do tend to consume books quite swiftly)

BrettA
Master Muff and Lube Guru

Post by BrettA » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:14 pm

A friend of mine who I trust started on about him a year or more ago and loves him... she even keeps mentioning him in emails and asking if I've read the trilogy yet - I haven't yet (sorry). But I did see the 'Tatoo' movie a week ago and thought it was well done and definitely worth the look. Apparently they have Daniel Craig for the American version, but it'll have to be good to improve on the one I saw - I hope they pull it off.
"It's just a fact: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F!"

Elessarina
Bearer of Anduril
Bearer of Anduril

Post by Elessarina » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:04 pm

I have *almost* finished Dragon Tattoo - I have about 30 pages to read. I've read it in just over a week which is good for me.. and thank heavens i have got my reaidng mojo back and thanks to Larsson for a thoroughly entertaining read. I have a feeling i will be wanting to pick up the next book right away but will try to resist the urge and read something else instead.

I would recommend it thoroughly

Shaker
About me: I came on Eileen.

Post by Shaker » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:23 pm

I've just seen that it was 9 months ago that I contributed to this thread and I've still been too busy with other books to read the Larsson trilogy yet.

Yes, I am covered with shame. Shame and an M&S bathrobe, which is a source of shame in itself.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." - Charles Bukowski

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:32 pm

I'm reading a Dashiell Hammett book. It reads faster. The problem is, I'll be done soon.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:39 pm

The guy who wrote that 'Millenium' trilogy that everybody hip says is the best read since Dashiell hammet begat an unnatural offspring from buggering Shakespeare?

Maybe it's truly excellent in the original Swedish, but I was less than enthused by the French version.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping