Podcasts

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Podcasts

Post by Animavore » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 pm

I'm listening to a podcast on Social Darwinism and eugenics. The parallels... well, you know.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Two podcasts with guest Stuart Stevens. Stevens is an ex-Republican operative who has become disillusioned with the Republican party with the rise of Trumpism. He has had a sort of conversion wherein he comes to the realization that the GOP has gone completely nuts, it has been headed here for decades, it became the party of white racism when it embraced the Southern Strategy, and that yes, the GOP has become far worse than the Dems. In his book It Was All A Lie, he analyses how his party transformed from the party of Eisenhower to the party of Trump, and the role he played in it.

Ezra Klein:
https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/theezr ... 8504998618

Chris Hayes:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0487051876
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:53 pm

https://munkdebates.com/podcast/trans-a ... d-fairness
Advocates for women’s sport say that for reasons of basic fairness and safety more governing bodies should develop guidelines that bar biological males from participating in female sport. They argue that trans women who are born male enjoy immense physical advantages that are not eliminated through testosterone therapy or surgery. Female athletes argue that the increasing participation of trans women in their division is pushing them off of the podium and undermining the whole reason behind creating a women’s sports category in the first place.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 am

The Lawfare Podcast: The Least Dangerous Branch … of Facebook

Yesterday was a big day—the day that the Facebook Oversight Board released its first decisions. The independent board, an experiment in platform governance set up by Facebook, handed down five rulings weighing in on the company’s decision to remove various posts for violating Facebook’s community guidelines. It may not be Marbury v. Madison, but it’s still a big moment for online speech regulation.

To mark the occasion, Lawfare is setting up a new page collecting and tracking the board’s decisions.

For this episode of the podcast, Quinta Jurecic spoke with Evelyn Douek, cohost of Lawfare’s Arbiters of Truth podcast series on disinformation and a lecturer at Harvard Law School, and Lawfare deputy managing editor Jacob Schulz. They discussed everything you need to know about the Oversight Board, including those most basic but crucial of questions: What exactly is it, anyway? What’s in the decisions? And why should we care?
https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-pod ... 6-facebook

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:43 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:37 am
The Lawfare Podcast: The Least Dangerous Branch … of Facebook

Yesterday was a big day—the day that the Facebook Oversight Board released its first decisions. The independent board, an experiment in platform governance set up by Facebook, handed down five rulings weighing in on the company’s decision to remove various posts for violating Facebook’s community guidelines. It may not be Marbury v. Madison, but it’s still a big moment for online speech regulation.

To mark the occasion, Lawfare is setting up a new page collecting and tracking the board’s decisions.

For this episode of the podcast, Quinta Jurecic spoke with Evelyn Douek, cohost of Lawfare’s Arbiters of Truth podcast series on disinformation and a lecturer at Harvard Law School, and Lawfare deputy managing editor Jacob Schulz. They discussed everything you need to know about the Oversight Board, including those most basic but crucial of questions: What exactly is it, anyway? What’s in the decisions? And why should we care?
https://www.lawfareblog.com/lawfare-pod ... 6-facebook
Added to my list.

Gulag Archepelago just got on it though. That could take awhile.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Lotus Eaters interviewed Andy Ngo on his new book 'Unmasked'.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQAg
An interview with journalist Andy Ngo about his new book UNMASKED explaining the history, structure and goals of Antifa and the summer of violence they have perpetrated in the United States.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:21 pm

Reply All looks into a test kitchen...they are usually a tech story.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQAw
In the summer of 2020, Bon Appétit faced an online reckoning. It imploded, seemingly overnight, former employees calling it a racist and toxic workplace. But the story of what actually happened there started ten years earlier. This is Chapter One, “Original Sin,” of our series The Test Kitchen.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm

The MRA's discussed a white paper I mentioned here previously. (no-one commented or cared) about network enabled anarchy.

But they don't trust the info in ways I did not expect.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:25 pm

Crowder tells the Andrew Breitbart/Anthony Weiner story. 1:44:30 in to todays podcast '#AOCLied and I'll prove it...Louder with Crowder'

It's a much more interesting bit than the AOC stuff. He describes what happened to expose Weiner, and who (the usual asshats) stood against it.

Can't get google podcasts to load at the moment, but it's easy enough to find.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm
The MRA's discussed a white paper I mentioned here previously. (no-one commented or cared) about network enabled anarchy.
We did, starting here. The toilet paper got more attention than it deserved.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:51 pm

The Lotus Eaters talk election stuff...
Carl and Callum discuss the Time magazine article that explains the self-admitted conspiracy against Trump and what happened with the grooming gang debate in the UK parliament.

For todays full reading list go to: https://www.lotuseaters.com/the-podcast ... 2-05-02-21
Haven't gotten to the 'grooming gangs' part of the podcast, but the election stuff/Time article is interesting. Might be a conspiracy theory though.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 am

This book, often referenced by Jordan Peterson, has been recommended from a few directions, so I thought I would share this audio copy I found.

https://archive.org/details/TheGulagArc ... 01-104.mp3
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:04 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:48 am
This book, often referenced by Jordan Peterson, has been recommended from a few directions, so I thought I would share this audio copy I found.

https://archive.org/details/TheGulagArc ... 01-104.mp3
"anti-Soviet Agitatiton - 10 years."
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:24 am

Anti-gravity coming :)
Tim, Ian, Luke, and Lydia sit down with the Alien Scientist Jeremy Rys to discuss the recent patent on alien fusion technology, Bob Lazar's story (is it real?), how ideology overruns the search for truth and becomes a religion, and the General Motors streetcar conspiracy.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:46 am

Schmachtenberger

Amirite?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: