Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Xamonas Chegwé
Bouncer
Bouncer
About me: I have prehensile eyebrows.
I speak 9 languages fluently, one of which other people can also speak.
When backed into a corner, I fit perfectly - having a right-angled arse.

Re: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell.

Post by Xamonas Chegwé » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Audley Strange wrote:
orpheus wrote:Haven't read it myself, but I recall Neal Stephenson saying he liked it. (I hope I'm not misrepresenting him.) Also Mrs. Orph liked it a lot. I'm going to add it to my precariously tall stack of books to read.
Yeah its the sort of thing he might have written instead of The Baroque Cycle. If he was into English myths rather than the history of computing. You should read it, you'd get a kick out of it, I think.
So, any relation? :tea:
A book is a version of the world. If you do not like it, ignore it; or offer your own version in return.
Salman Rushdie
You talk to God, you're religious. God talks to you, you're psychotic.
House MD
Who needs a meaning anyway, I'd settle anyday for a very fine view.
Sandy Denny
This is the wrong forum for bluffing :nono:
Paco
Yes, yes. But first I need to show you this venomous fish!
Calilasseia
I think we should do whatever Pawiz wants.
Twoflower
Bella squats momentarily then waddles on still peeing, like a horse
Millefleur

Audley Strange
"I blame the victim"

Post by Audley Strange » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Xamonas Chegwé wrote:
Audley Strange wrote:
orpheus wrote:Haven't read it myself, but I recall Neal Stephenson saying he liked it. (I hope I'm not misrepresenting him.) Also Mrs. Orph liked it a lot. I'm going to add it to my precariously tall stack of books to read.
Yeah its the sort of thing he might have written instead of The Baroque Cycle. If he was into English myths rather than the history of computing. You should read it, you'd get a kick out of it, I think.
So, any relation? :tea:
No. I think I'm a distant relation of Hugo.
"What started as a legitimate effort by the townspeople of Salem to identify, capture and kill those who did Satan's bidding quickly deteriorated into a witch hunt" Army Man

Ayaan
Queen of the Infidels
About me: AKA: Sciwoman
Location: Married to Gawdzilla and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

Post by Ayaan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:06 am

Bella Fortuna wrote:
orpheus wrote:precariously tall stack of books to read.
I have one of those!!!
So do I, plus 110 books on my Nook plus about 20 e-books from amazon plus an uncounted number in storage all waiting to be read. I'm going to have to figure out a way to read after I'm dead. :hehe:
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein
“Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself; (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”-Walt Whitman from Song of Myself, Leaves of Grass
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.~Ripley
The Internet: The Big Book of Everything ~ Gawdzilla Sama