best/favorite painters

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Re: best/favorite painters

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed May 09, 2018 11:22 pm

I'm kind of glad you will vanish as poor and irrelevant....
:funny: --farkin people man!
"The Americans from the North, at least the great part of those I have seen, eat only salted meat, bread made by themselves out of corn meal, coffee, and homemade cheese. To these the greater part...add strong liquor, for they are in general, in my opinion, lazy people of vicious character. " --José María Sánchez ~1827

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed May 09, 2018 11:53 pm

"The Americans from the North, at least the great part of those I have seen, eat only salted meat, bread made by themselves out of corn meal, coffee, and homemade cheese. To these the greater part...add strong liquor, for they are in general, in my opinion, lazy people of vicious character. " --José María Sánchez ~1827

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Fri May 18, 2018 12:18 pm

I've very rarely seen a work of art that I wanted to give a second glance.

I don't give a fuck how tortured the artist was, or angry, or weird. If what's there isn't of interest from looking at it, then it's a fail for me.

As I've said before, most people think something must be intrinsically great, if it's worth wads of money.
Missing the point that art is worth wads of money only because it's fashionable, and because of the collecting bug that affects humans.

Rare stamps are worth mega-bucks. It doesn't make them wonderful art. They are just fashionable and rare, and obsessed people want to collect them.

The Mona Lisa is a dreary daub. It doesn't even look like it did when it was made. The value is in the collectable rareness.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.