Movies that Were OK, but Are Politically Incorrect Today

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Movies that Were OK, but Are Politically Incorrect Today

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Risky Business - a transphobic and rape-apologist film.

When the first prostitute shows up for the high schooler, Joel, it is a trans person who expresses as gender-female. Joel, like a traditional, hateful, CIS-gender, white, male, pays the trans-woman to go away, and refuses to have sex with the trans person -- implying that the trans person is not a real woman, when we all know that trans-women are women. Just beause a person has a cock and balls does not mean they're not a woman.

And, so then Joel calls Lana, who comes over to Joel's house and rapes him. They are both victims, of course, because Lana is being sex-trafficked by her pimp, Guido, and she really has no effective choice. She's the adult, so her sex with Joel is statutory rape, but as an oppressed, sex-trafficked female prostitute, she's also being raped because she has no real choice or agency in the situation./

Later, Lana and Joel try to raise money by abusing women in the sex-trafficking business, and turning Joel's house into a brothel to get the funds to fix Joel's dad's Porsche. After the brothel night where Joel acts as the patriarchal pimp and steals some of the money earned by the sex-workers so that Joel can escape responsibility for ruining his father's car, he goes to the Chicago L train, and is statutorily raped by Lana.

Joel's patriarchal white privilige is on full-display throughout. He is a wealthy teenager who is left home alone in a house full of enough valuables to support the average 1980s family for years just on the sale of used furniture, a fragile egg-display-piece, and a new Porsche. He proceeds to squander his privilege on trying to purchase the services of prostitutes, rather than obtaining love and affection through his own good faith efforts and by means of treating women his own age with respect and kindness.

He gets away with committing felony-after-felony, including solicitation of multiple prostitutes, consumption and trafficking in illegal drugs, destruction of property, assault, battery, maintaining a house of prostitution, pimping, public sex on city transportation vehicles, fraud, and bribing a college official with illegal prostitutes, alcohol and drugs in order to get into Princeton University. He suffers no consequences for his actions, and is accepted to one of the top 3 universities in the world.

Risky Business, a metaphor for everything wrong with our white, cis-hetero-normative, patriarchal, capitalist culture.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Re: Movies that Were OK, but Are Politically Incorrect Today

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm

Porky's

A group of Florida high school students plan on losing their virginity. They go to Porky's, a nightclub out in the Everglades, believing that they can hire a prostitute to satisfy their sexual desires. The plot of the film centers around the high school boys getting their hooker-money stolen from them, and their efforts to take revenge on the pimp/brothel operator. No regard is given to the sex workers, and the focus in the movie is on Pee Wee, who is mocked for his small member, getting laid, and he finally does, with an adult prostitute.

In a subplot, the boys illegally peep on female high school students in their locker room shower. After several unsuccessful attempts, Tommy, Billy, and Pee Wee finally see several girls showering, invading their privacy and subjecting them to the male gaze against their will. Pee Wee gives them away when he shouts at and fat shames a particularly plus-sized school girl (who has been blocking his view) to move so he can see. While a few girls run out, most stay, finding the situation funny. To test their attitude, Tommy sticks his tongue out through his peephole, but gets it smeared with soap. Infuriated, he drops his pants and sticks his penis through the opening just before female coach Beulah Balbricker (who has a running feud with Tommy) walks into the shower area. Spotting the protruding member, she sneaks up on Tommy, grabs his protruding part and pulls with all her might. Tommy manages to pull free and escape, but Beulah is now determined to prove that the offending member (which has a mole on it) belongs to Tommy, going so far as to request that Principal Carter hold a police-type line-up of the boys in the nude so she can identify it. However, Carter balks at such a request, and while the other basketball coaches laugh almost uncontrollably, Coach Brackett suggests getting the police involved. When this gets even Carter laughing, Balbricker leaves in a huff. The film ends with Ms. Balbricker sneaking out of the bushes to ambush Tommy and actually dragging his pants down, but she is pulled off him and dragged away.

A movie replete with statutory rape, assault, battery, destruction of property, breaking and entering, invasion of privacy, flashing of genitals, sexual harassment and the like, all involving school boys and girls. The message sent by this movie is one of male privilege and entitlement to women's bodies, etc.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. A 1990s kids film, but it's amazing how transphobic it now seems in just a couple of short decades. Not a chance they would get away with making it now.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:38 pm

All the British Carry On films. Mind you they were crap to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Rum on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

The James Bond film.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Hermit wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm
The James Bond film.
I think I saw that film. :hehe:

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Sharknado. It will be banned if Trump wins a second term.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm

They'd find something wrong with pretty much every film ever made.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:38 pm
All the British Carry On films. Mind you they were crap to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

I probably couldn't watch them again, but I got a few good chuckles in the past. Does that make me a bad person? :shifty:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 pm

"Infamy! Infamy! ... "
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:41 am

Rum wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:32 pm
Hermit wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm
The James Bond film.
I think I saw that film. :hehe:
Most likely. The owners reissue it under different titles every couple of years or so. It increases the chances of accidentally seeing it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 am

I posted about a more modern one the other day - Tropic Thunder. It's still shown here in Australia, but I'd be surprised if it is still shown without serious outrage in the US.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 am

Just watched maybe a month ago, I'm surprised there hasn't been a riot.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:04 am

All cowboy and WW2 films. Never mind the Hollywood crap being churned out today.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:38 am

To Kill a Mockingird

Atticus Finch, rape apologist, not only does not believe the woman accusing a man of rape, he destroys her on the witness stand by confusing her in her vulnerable state and undercutting her true and accurate claim that she was raped after she asked Tom to move her chifforobe. She is cross examined, and made to relive her lived experience as her reputation is destroyed by the "great" white, cis-hetero normative Atticus Finch.