The 150 Movie Challenge - 2018

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

The 150 Movie Challenge - 2018

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Right, I'm definitely completing this this year. In fact I plan to spend much longer in all realms of fantasy - visual, aural and textual - because reality is just so damn depressing.

All marks out of 4: if it was good enough for Maltin and Ebert, it's good enough for me.

1) Wonder Woman - ***½
2) Star Wars: The Last Jedi - ***½
3) The Babadook - ***
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Re: The 150 Movie Challenge - 2018

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:23 am

4) Logan - ***½
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 am

5) Sully - ***

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:23 am

1. Gook.**
2. Molly's Game.***
3. 3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.*****
4. Kill Bill Volume 1.****
5. Kill Bill Volume 2.****
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 am

1. Gook.**
2. Molly's Game.***
3. 3 Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri.*****
4. Kill Bill Volume 1.****
5. Kill Bill Volume 2.****
6. Baby Driver.*****
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:53 pm

6) Get Out - ***½

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 am

7) Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 - **½

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

1) Paddington 2

That's it, the one film I've watched this year. Try harder, Huxley.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:41 am

8) Sicario - ***

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 am

7. Get Out ****
8. Ant-Man ***
9. The Avengers ****
10. Full Metal Jacket ***
11. Thor: Ragnarok ****

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Just remembered.

Loaded Weapon **
Some Seth Rogan Christmas movie *
88 Minutes - 0 out of What the fucking fuck, Pacino?!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am

Two movies with Hopkins and Oldman tonight.

Hannibal **
Dracula ****

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 pm

14. Black Panther ****

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:11 am

9) Life (2017) - **½
10) Flight (2012) - ***

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 pm

11) Jack Reacher - **½
12) Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - **½

I'll be lucky to make it half the way to 150 at this rate!