The Big Bang Theory, series 3

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Big Bang theory

Post by Animavore » Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

Actually their cartoons are funny. I don't know why they treat their sit-coms so differently.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 26, 2011 9:27 pm

I hope CES doesn't see this :hehe:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Geoff
Pouncer

Post by Geoff » Thu May 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Animavore wrote:I hope CES doesn't see this :hehe:
:hehe:

"...anyone who says it’s “just the Internet” can :pawiz: . And then when they come back, they can :pawiz: again." - Tigger

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Actually I know why their cartoons are funnier. They often depict people on the bottom rungs of society. The ones struggling, down on their luck and living in the shit. This is where Brit sit-coms have traditionally been and this is where stuff is funny.
But America doesn't seem to like these people on their TV screens in their sit-coms, at least not the ones we get. The sit-coms are usually set around young, good looking, trendy career people living in nice apartments. Since when have people like that ever been funny? Even when the British do it it ceases being funny.

Santa_Claus
Your Imaginary Friend
About me: Ho! Ho! Ho!

Post by Santa_Claus » Thu May 26, 2011 9:36 pm

It's where I get all my science from.
I am Leader of all The Atheists in the world - FACT.

Come look inside Santa's Hole :ninja:

You want to hear the truth about Santa Claus???.....you couldn't handle the truth about Santa Claus!!!

CP

Post by CP » Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 am

Santa_Claus wrote:It's where I get all my science from.
Now that's just sad.

I love this show (Amy is THE GREATEST!), but its... low-level approach to science and geek culture annoys me. It takes Sheldon, an accomplished physicist, days to remember that moving particles interact as waves? Really? Men their age discussing the philosophical implications of teleportation (star trek mechanics) as if it's a new topic to them? If I meet teenagers still talking about that one I assume they're new geeks! Men their age should be bored with that topic!
We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

ScholasticSpastic
Inscrutable Inoculator

Post by ScholasticSpastic » Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 am

CP wrote:
Now that's just sad.

I love this show (Amy is THE GREATEST!), but its... low-level approach to science and geek culture annoys me. It takes Sheldon, an accomplished physicist, days to remember that moving particles interact as waves? Really? Men their age discussing the philosophical implications of teleportation (star trek mechanics) as if it's a new topic to them? If I meet teenagers still talking about that one I assume they're new geeks! Men their age should be bored with that topic!
I agree. Those characters clearly weren't written by the nerd-savvy. :prof:
"You've got to be a real asshole to quote yourself!"
~ScholasticSpastic

(I am not a police officer. I am unarmed.)

CP

Post by CP » Fri May 27, 2011 3:23 am

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
CP wrote:
Now that's just sad.

I agree. Those characters clearly weren't written by the nerd-savvy. :prof:
They have a physics advisor! Why didn't he just say "this wave thing is moronic"? (Although I suppose nerds wouldn't make up a high proportion of the target audience. Mayube they're just trying to be as accessible as possible.)
We have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Tigger
1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 piccolos
About me: It's not "about" me, it's exactly me.

Re: The Big Bang Theory, series 3

Post by Tigger » Sat May 28, 2011 8:12 am

merging stuff
Seth wrote:Fuck that, I like opening Pandora's box and shoving my tool inside it