How did you find Rationalia.com?

New? Introduce yourself here.

How did you find Rationalia.com?

I was a TAF member and jumped ship.
15%
I saw some reference to it on the Richard Dawkins forum and came for a look.
32%
I saw some reference to it on another forum and came for a look.
19%
I was sent a link by a friend.
19%
I found it via a Google search for something serious.
3%
I found it via a Google search for something stupid.
2%
None of the above.
10%

Total votes: 268

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: How did you find Rationalia.com?

Post by klr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:36 pm

DP wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:By the way, what was this schism between Thinking Aloud Forum and here. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what y'all mean by it.
Lo, cold was the morning and crisp was the breeze as we strode across the plains of cyberspace to the feasting halls of TAF, when suddenly, a sharp wind sprung up from the North bringing an omen of dread and foreboding. We reached the gates and knocked, once, twice, thrice, but from within came nothing but echoes...

Later that dark day, a few brave souls ventured inside to discover the carnage that had ensued the night before, the memberlist lay dismembered upon the floor, banned avatars draped over all the rafters, and upon the great table where the feasting traditionally took place was a message written in binary blood, "OK, bye"

Or something like that. :dono:
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

:tup:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

Transgirlofnofaith
Everyone's favourite loudmouth Furry narcissist.

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Pappa wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:By the way, what was this schism between Thinking Aloud Forum and here. I've been hearing about it, but I have no idea what y'all mean by it.
Lo, cold was the morning and crisp was the breeze as we strode across the plains of cyberspace to the feasting halls of TAF, when suddenly, a sharp wind sprung up from the North bringing an omen of dread and foreboding. We reached the gates and knocked, once, twice, thrice, but from within came nothing but echoes...

Later that dark day, a few brave souls ventured inside to discover the carnage that had ensued the night before, the memberlist lay dismembered upon the floor, banned avatars draped over all the rafters, and upon the great table where the feasting traditionally took place was a message written in binary blood, "OK, bye"

What he means is... OBC went crazy and banned everyone, so we all fucked off here.
OBC seems pretty nice. I was just chatting with him at the other place. A little more explanation, please?
Under (re)construction

Existentialist1844
Clique Infiltrator
About me: Trying to avoid existential despair.

Post by Existentialist1844 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:
Pappa Bear wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:

What he means is... OBC went crazy and banned everyone, so we all fucked off here.
OBC seems pretty nice. I was just chatting with him at the other place. A little more explanation, please?
In all honesty, I dont think he really gave an explanation. If he did, I am unaware of it. In fact, I can really careless at this point. Maybe he realized that long hair is out of style and went nuts. :hehe:
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

:pounce:

klr

Post by klr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Alright, alright, who's been messing with the wank fnoglet again? :lol:
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:OBC seems pretty nice. I was just chatting with him at the other place. A little more explanation, please?
He is nice.. when he's not going crazy with the ban hammer. he went totally nuts and started banning people for doing nothing more than saying things like, "Wow, this is going too far", and such like. Fair dues to OBC, he has taken his flak and admitted he was wrong (and I think learned a lot from it too), but it was totally fucking bonkers that night when he got the ban hammer out.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Existentialist1844 wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:
Pappa Bear Bear wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:

In all honesty, I dont think he really gave an explanation. If he did, I am unaware of it. In fact, I can really careless at this point. Maybe he realized that long hair is out of style and went nuts. :hehe:
Okay, since you seem bloody useless when it comes to really answering my question, maybe I can look up the banned members over there, if anyone would bother to provide them. Did OBC just flip out and want to have more room to himself in the little kiddie pool? :pissed: And since he doesn't seem to be a mod or admin over there, this whole story is starting to sound fishy. :lay:
Under (re)construction

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:Okay, since you seem bloody useless when it comes to really answering my question, maybe I can look up the banned members over there, if anyone would bother to provide them. Did OBC just flip out and want to have more room to himself in the little kiddie pool? :pissed: And since he doesn't seem to be a mod or admin over there, this whole story is starting to sound fishy. :lay:
The list of people banned at TAF.
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Pappa wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:OBC seems pretty nice. I was just chatting with him at the other place. A little more explanation, please?
He is nice.. when he's not going crazy with the ban hammer. he went totally nuts and started banning people for doing nothing more than saying things like, "Wow, this is going too far", and such like. Fair dues to OBC, he has taken his flak and admitted he was wrong (and I think learned a lot from it too), but it was totally fucking bonkers that night when he got the ban hammer out.
Okay, that helps a little more. So basically, he inexplicably went temporarily nuts, and starting banning all kinds of folk for no reason?
Under (re)construction

Existentialist1844
Clique Infiltrator

Post by Existentialist1844 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Okay, since you seem bloody useless when it comes to really answering my question, maybe I can look up the banned members over there, if anyone would bother to provide them. Did OBC just flip out and want to have more room to himself in the little kiddie pool? :pissed: And since he doesn't seem to be a mod or admin over there, this whole story is starting to sound fishy. :lay:
There really isnt an in-depth answer. He didnt like what people were saying, so he banned them. You're looking for some complicated answer that isn't there. I heard he was having personal problems. Perhaps he was in a bad mood that day and banned people for speaking their minds.
"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Manofnofaith wrote:Okay, since you seem bloody useless when it comes to really answering my question, maybe I can look up the banned members over there, if anyone would bother to provide them. Did OBC just flip out and want to have more room to himself in the little kiddie pool? :pissed: And since he doesn't seem to be a mod or admin over there, this whole story is starting to sound fishy. :lay:
Well that's just absurd. It's the whole damn members list. I haven't been banned there yet.
T
here really isnt an in-depth answer. He didnt like what people were saying, so he banned them. You're looking for some complicated answer that isn't there. I heard he was having personal problems. Perhaps he was in a bad mood that day and banned people for speaking their minds.
Well, personal problems might explain it somewhat. Not excuse it, if what you say is true, but explain it. Has he tried sucking up and fixing his supposed mistake? Or tried to get anyone back? Has he unbanned anyone?
Under (re)construction

Don't Panic
Evil Admin
Evil Admin
About me: 100% Pure Evil. (Not from Concentrate)

Post by Don't Panic » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Except me, I'm an Admin on both forums. :levi:
Gawd wrote:»
And those Zumwalts are already useless, they can be taken out with an ICBM.
The world is a thing of utter inordinate complexity and richness and strangeness that is absolutely awesome. I mean the idea that such complexity can arise not only out of such simplicity, but probably absolutely out of nothing, is the most fabulous extraordinary idea. And once you get some kind of inkling of how that might have happened, it's just wonderful. And . . . the opportunity to spend 70 or 80 years of your life in such a universe is time well spent as far as I am concerned.
D.N.A.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:10 pm

DP wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:
And so you're a sell-out, turn-coat, grass quisling. :coffee:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Existentialist1844
Clique Infiltrator

Post by Existentialist1844 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 pm

Manofnofaith wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:
Well that's just absurd. It's the whole damn members list. I haven't been banned there yet.
T
here really isnt an in-depth answer. He didnt like what people were saying, so he banned them. You're looking for some complicated answer that isn't there. I heard he was having personal problems. Perhaps he was in a bad mood that day and banned people for speaking their minds.
Well, personal problems might explain it somewhat. Not excuse it, if what you say is true, but explain it. Has he tried sucking up and fixing his supposed mistake? Or tried to get anyone back? Has he unbanned anyone?
I am not sure whether or not he apologized. He started posting here, and was welcomed back with open arms.

I am not sure if he tried to get anyone back. I dont think so.

Actually, he went nuts two times, and banned people.

Transgirlofnofaith

Post by Transgirlofnofaith » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:11 pm

DP wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:
Could you please provide some explanation, then?
Under (re)construction

klr

Post by klr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
The Big Bad Wolf wrote:
Mother Goose wrote:
And so you're a sell-out, turn-coat, grass quisling. :coffee:
That's right. Stab city Limerick can be a very dangerous place, can't it D P? :whistle: