Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:38 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:24 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:21 pm
Stealman it and we'll find out.
I did.
No you didn't - you passed a general judgment by comparison in order to avoid honestly reflect what I've actually been saying on the matter. That's not a stealman.
Your 'definition' does not exclude any human. How then is it different?

If there is a qualifier (such as persistent identity) that you can't explain, then you might as well just leave it at 'any human'. If you do want to exclude some people from your definition, you haven't said who, or how they are excluded.
This is exactly why I've invited you to steelman my position - because at the moment your just-so stories don't actually reflect what I actually think, let alone what I've said. Please try again.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Hello

Post by Cunt » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:52 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:27 pm

This is exactly why I've invited you to steelman my position - because at the moment your just-so stories don't actually reflect what I actually think, let alone what I've said. Please try again.
Look, for this board, I'm sticking with rainbows definition being the acceptable standard.

If you want to convince me yours is different, feel free, but I'm not going to guess at it. You either exclude some people, and face follow up questions about how, or you don't.

It's really quite simple, no matter how hard you try to make it sound more complex.

I have all the 'definition' I need here, until someone presents something with comparable clarity and succinctness. Rainbow has you all beat. Don't be mad.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:55 pm

My definition was exceedingly simple. You ignored it, as you weren't able to disagree with it. And as we can see clearly, you need to disagree to maintain your shtick.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:27 am

Cunt wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:27 pm

Look, for this board, I'm sticking with rainbows definition being the acceptable standard.

If you want to convince me yours is different, feel free, but I'm not going to guess at it. You either exclude some people, and face follow up questions about how, or you don't.

It's really quite simple, no matter how hard you try to make it sound more complex.

I have all the 'definition' I need here, until someone presents something with comparable clarity and succinctness. Rainbow has you all beat. Don't be mad.
You're aàttributing a position to me which I do not hold. I don't think you can steelman me that way, coz that's literally the opposite of a steelman: a strawman.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:41 am

No need. I have a good definition I can use here. If you want me to take your different one, it's up to you to make it as clear, succinct and honest as rainbows.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:48 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:36 pm

So why not have a go at crafting suitable language for a lady to object to cocks in her and her daughters change rooms?

I understand it to be near impossible, under the current rules, but maybe I lack empathy. Brian hasn't tried, and is also good with language and empathy.

Why is this situation so hard to write for?
JimC (or BP) since it's clear you won't/can't craft suitable language, can you at least comment on how weird it is that even you cannot craft such language for a woman to express concern about her safety in change rooms/rest rooms etc.?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:28 pm

Why? You'll just ignore it, claim I said something different to what I actually said, repeat snide insinuations, ask a completely unrelated question, or just pretend to be confused in order to avoid engaging. You don't even try to clearly outline your own views, preferring instead to erect silly cinditions on the remarks of others - as if the failure of others to jump through your irrelevant hoops somehow validates views you're not even prepared to articulate.
:tea:

Frank Zappa

rasetsu
Ne'er-do-well
About me: Move along. Nothing to see here.

Post by rasetsu » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:29 pm

I'm reminded of an anecdote from newscasting. If memory serves, the story involved a baby being dropped from a balcony as a result of a building fire. The reporter on the scene asked a bystander for her reaction to witnessing such a horrific event. The bystander told the reporter that she had been looking away at the time and didn't actually see it happen. Whereupon the reporter asked her what she thought her reaction would have been if she had in fact seen it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:41 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:28 pm
Why? You'll just ignore it, claim I said something different to what I actually said, repeat snide insinuations, ask a completely unrelated question, or just pretend to be confused in order to avoid engaging. You don't even try to clearly outline your own views, preferring instead to erect silly cinditions on the remarks of others - as if the failure of others to jump through your irrelevant hoops somehow validates views you're not even prepared to articulate.
That, and why isn't what women say sufficient?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:28 pm
Again, not saying how a woman could fairly express such a concern, without being ruined in the media.

Or the Human Rights Tribunal.

I'm reminded of the trans person who famously sued businesses who refused to shave her balls. It's easy to laugh at such a clearly insane person (as every video and bit of writing I've seen reflects) but try to empathize with the women who were trying to work at their chosen business, and attacked by the BC Human Rights commission for 'their bigotry'.

Of course, the trans person had their case dismissed, but if vulnerable immigrant women who are self-built business owners can't object, maybe it IS important to point out that you ALSO have no language to express such a concern, however valid.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:23 pm

The whole "cocks in change rooms" thing is a red herring. Whatever issues may (rarely) occur has no bearing whatsoever on the reality of transexual people.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:44 pm

JimC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:23 pm
The whole "cocks in change rooms" thing is a red herring. Whatever issues may (rarely) occur has no bearing whatsoever on the reality of transexual people.
While I may disagree about that, you've missed my point.

You cannot (I cannot, BP cannot) or will not say what such a victim could say, that would not be attacked as bigotry.

Deny the people who have complained all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that no complaint could be composed. It's almost like the targeted group is oppressed or something. :tea:
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:01 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:44 pm

Deny the people who have complained all you like, but it doesn't change the fact that no complaint could be composed.
Hypotheticals are fact now?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:02 pm

Who is going to attack a victim (if they truly were a victim, not just vaguely uncomfortable) of bigotry? Not me!

A straw man might, of course... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:22 pm

JimC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:02 pm
Who is going to attack a victim (if they truly were a victim, not just vaguely uncomfortable) of bigotry? Not me!

A straw man might, of course... :tea:
You haven't attacked anyone.

But the victims of the 'shave my balls' trans activist in BC (and their BC Human Rights Commision) all agree that it was a frivolous and damaging accusationby the trans activist.

You have, as has everyone, failed to provide a simple bit of language for voicing their valid complaint.

Because the language doesn't exist. No opposition can be accepted, by such a religious fervor.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: