Changing zeitgeist

Holy Crap!
JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Changing zeitgeist

Post by JimC » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:43 am

The old, automatic reflexes of a christian dominated society are changing, slowly but surely: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-03/c ... s/10307684
Councillors in regional Victoria have said they are trying to recognise their local community's religious diversity by no longer opening their meetings with a Christian prayer.

The Macedon Ranges Shire Council in Central Victoria is the latest to make the shift.

The change, put forward by Councillor Natasha Gayfer, suggested replacing the prayer with an affirmation.

"I'd like to see council meetings open in a way that's more encompassing of the range of beliefs in our shire," Ms Gayfer said.

That affirmation is yet to be finalised and will be discussed this month.

Some councils across Victoria start their meetings with an Acknowledgment of Country accompanied by a prayer.

The Macedon Ranges Mayor, Jennifer Anderson, said she believes the prayer is no longer relevant to a religiously diverse society.

"I think it would be awful if someone felt uncomfortable saying at the beginning of a meeting that they were looking for God's guidance in what they did, if they didn't believe in God," Ms Anderson said.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Changing zeitgeist

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:51 am

War on Christianity!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 am

A further example, as if one were needed, of the Marxist conspiracy to erode 'traditional family values'. Political correctness hasn't just gone mad - it's picked up a goat and is running headlong into the jelly factory shouting "I'm the Banana King of Pickleland! I'm the Banana King of Pickleland!" Hanging's too good for them. :lay:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:02 am

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:22 am

No sense to religions. They are like bitcoin. They don't evolve even.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:04 pm

Well they do actually - and quite a lot. They are still nonsense of course.

Luckily here in the UK our religion is part of the State structure, so it must be OK. :smoke:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Amen. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:58 pm

The changing zeitgeist has different religions treated very differently.

In some countries, legislation is appearing which criminalizes 'Islamophobia'. I know a gay guy who genuinely fears sharia law creeping into his home. Is that a phobia? Or legit?

Why is it so rarely talked about in mainstream media?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Isn't Fox the most watched news in the US?

I can't stand you right-wingers dude, it's exaggerated problems all the way down. Now we've got the exaggerated problem of a lack of coverage for the issues that most concern you.

Welcome to the club bud. Except not really, cause Fox News --the most watched news in America-- talks about the shit that worries you 24/7. What the fuck do you want?

Check your perspective already.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm

OK, I've been listening to a man named Tommy Robinson. Some old videos about him speaking out against Islamic 'grooming gangs' (a british euphemism for child rape)

He gets called 'white supremecist' pretty regularly. My bet is that no-one saying that has listened to him and his concerns.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:45 pm

Islamic 'grooming gangs' ?

I was listening to some shit this morning about how teachers often label children as problems despite their behavior being normal for their age group. I've experienced this personally with my son. I was shocked to learn the teacher knew his behavior was normal, but that she was expecting the students to move toward some other behavior. Hello, dumbass, if the behavior is normal for that age group then the movement should be expected to occur as they age right? Anyway, this apparently happens a lot more to kids of color. I can believe that. They are suspending pre-school black kids --how fucked up is that?

Do you wanna bet the difficulties faced by black kids in schools is a greater problem than your Islamic grooming gangs?

There are too many issues to expect to be able to justify any single issue taking a majority of our time. We all get screwed.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Clarification: 'Islamic grooming gangs' are pretty much what is says on the tin here in the UK.

In a number of our larger towns and cities, where there are large Muslim communities, groups of (mostly) younger Muslim men have over the last couple of decades, realised that vulnerable young white teenage girls from dodgier and less stable backgrounds are ripe for sexual exploitation. Given the rather more conservative backgrounds most Muslims come from and a hypocritical value system that allowed them to view white girls as 'cheap' and 'deserving' of poor treatment that is what they did.

There have been a number of high profile prosecutions of these groups of men, leading to long terms of imprisonment.

One of the issues leading up to the issue being dealt with properly was the fear by the police and others that by identifying these brutes as 'Muslim' they might be seen as pursuing a racist agenda. We do seem to have got past that hurdle and the men, whatever their religious and cultural backgrounds are being thrown in the slammer now. And of course, not all are Muslim come to that.

In addition, young vulnerable girls are popping up on the radar of social service and the police as part of their systems. I was involved in setting up one of these 'safeguarding boards' when I retired in fact.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:25 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm
OK, I've been listening to a man named Tommy Robinson. Some old videos about him speaking out against Islamic 'grooming gangs' (a british euphemism for child rape)

He gets called 'white supremecist' pretty regularly. My bet is that no-one saying that has listened to him and his concerns.
You mean Tommy Robinson (aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, Andrew McMaster, Paul Harris), former high-ranking member of the white-supremacist British National Party, former leader of the white supremacist English Defence League, former vice-chair of the white-supremacist British Freedom Party, and founder of the UK chapter of the pan-European white-supremacist Pegida organisation: the rampant homophobic, Islamophobic (a term which I think can be legitimately applied in this case), far-right British nationalist; that Tommy Robinson?

Frank Zappa

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:25 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:39 pm

You mean Tommy Robinson (aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, Andrew McMaster, Paul Harris), former high-ranking member of the white-supremacist British National Party, former leader of the white supremacist English Defence League, former vice-chair of the white-supremacist British Freedom Party, and founder of the UK chapter of the pan-European white-supremacist Pegida organisation: the rampant homophobic, Islamophobic (a term which I think can be legitimately applied in this case), far-right British nationalist; that Tommy Robinson?
If he becomes Prime Minster I'd say sound lad. (survival instinct)
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Well that stinks Crumple.

Robinson is a cunt of the highest order and he exploited the grooming gang issue in order to stir up racial hatred, not because he had any sympathy for the girls in question.

The issue was however there and needed to be dealt with in the 'normal' manner with the judicial system. Robinson would have happily lynched them.