Prince Charles 2B Islams Constantine And The Wests Doom?

Holy Crap!
laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Prince Charles 2B Islams Constantine And The Wests Doom?

Post by laklak » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm

cronus wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:28 am
cleaning imaginary windows for a living.
Dear God, the royals are mimes??
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:03 pm

I thought they were lizards in human suits.. :dunno:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:41 pm

the two are not mutually exclusive
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:27 pm

http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/insight ... wers-22069

The Queen’s prerogative powers vary and fall into different categories…

POLITICAL POWERS
The Queen’s political powers nowadays are largely ceremonial, though some are actively used by The Queen such as at General Elections or are available in times of crisis and some are used by Ministers for expediency when needed.

Summoning/Proroguing Parliament – The Queen has the power to prorogue (suspend) and to summon (call back) Parliament – prorogation typically happens at the end of a parliamentary session, and the summoning occurs shortly after, when The Queen attends the State Opening of Parliament.
Royal Assent – It is The Queen’s right and responsibility to grant assent to bills from Parliament, signing them into law. Whilst, in theory, she could decide to refuse assent, the last Monarch to do this was Queen Anne in 1708.
Secondary Legislation – The Queen can create Orders-in-Council and Letters Patent, that regulate parts to do with the Crown, such as precedence, titles. Orders in Council are often used by Ministers nowadays to bring Acts of Parliament into law.
Appoint/Remove Ministers – Her Majesty also has the power to appoint and remove Ministers of the Crown.
Appointing the Prime Minister – The Queen is responsible for appointing the Prime Minister after a general election or a resignation, in a General Election The Queen will appoint the candidate who is likely to have the most support of the House of Commons. In the event of a resignation, The Queen listens to advice on who should be appointed as their successor.
Declaration of War – The Sovereign retains the power to declare war against other nations, though in practice this is done by the Prime Minister and Parliament of the day.
Freedom From Prosecution – Under British law, The Queen is above the law and cannot be prosecuted – she is also free from civil action.
JUDICIAL POWERS
The Queen’s judicial powers are now very minimal, and there is only really one which is used on a regular basis, with others having been delegated to judges and parliament through time.

Royal Pardon – The Royal Pardon was originally used to retract death sentences against those wrongly convicted. It is now used to correct errors in sentencing and was recently used to give a posthumous pardon to WW2 codebreaker, Alan Turing.
ARMED FORCES
The Queen’s powers in the Armed Forces are usually used on the advice of Generals and Parliament though some functions are retained by The Queen herself nowadays.

Commander-in-Chief – The Queen is commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces and all members swear an oath of allegiance to The Queen when they join; they are Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.
Commissioning of Officers – The Queen’s powers include the commissioning of officers into the Armed Forces and also removing commissions (when members of the Armed Forces salute and officers, they are saluting The Queen’s commission).
Disposition of the Forces – The organisation and disposition of the Armed Forces are part of the Royal Prerogative; the crown technically controls how the Armed Forces are used.
HONOURS
One of the main prerogative powers that are still used personally by The Queen these days is the power to grant honours. As all honours derive from the Crown, The Queen has the final say on knighthoods, peerages and the like.

Creation of Peerages – The Queen may create a peerage for any person – whether a life peerage or hereditary one, though hereditary peerages haven’t been issued for decades outside of the Royal Family.
Font of Honour – It is The Queen’s prerogative power to create orders of knighthood and to grant any citizen honours. From the Royal Victorian Order to the Order of the Garter.
MISCELLANEOUS POWERS
Other powers Her Majesty holds include:

Control of Passports – The issuing and withdrawal of passports are within the Royal Prerogative – this is often used by ministers on behalf of The Queen. All British passports are issued in The Queen’s name.
Requisitioning of Ships – This power allows a ship to be commandeered in Her Majesty’s name for service to the realm. This power was used on the QE2 to take troops to the Falklands after the Argentine invasion in 1982.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 am

Peers have a second say on any bill passed by the democratically elected house. What's totalitarian about that? :ask:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:10 am

If a peer dies, what happens? Do they just replace them with a relative or something?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 am

IIRC, peers used to have a seat by virtue of being born, and their lawful heir inherited it... nowadays, I no longer know who ge"ts named to the High Chamber and how.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 am

Isn't there a difference between hereditary peers and life peers?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:34 am

hereditary peers leave their seat to their heir, life peers don't.
OR
hereditary peers get their seat thanks to being born, life peers are named by (I'm not sure whether it's the queen or the gummint)

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:36 am

Svartalf wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 am
IIRC, peers used to have a seat by virtue of being born, and their lawful heir inherited it... nowadays, I no longer know who ge"ts named to the High Chamber and how.
The 26 Anglican Bishops sit there ex officio. Hereditary Lords sit there by birthright. Life Peers are selected by their respective parties. Their numbers are apportioned according to some formula and subject to the Queen's approval, which is basically rubber stamped.

Edit: Ninja Svarty has struck again. :mrgreen:

Correction:
Two events have changed the way Members of the House of Lords are appointed: the 1999 House of Lords Act, which ended hereditary Peers' right to pass membership down through family, and the introduction of the House of Lords Appointments Commission. There are now a number of routes to becoming a Member of the House of Lords.
Continued here
Last edited by Hermit on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:40 am

I am being educated by a Frenchman and a South Australian!

It's a strange, strange world...
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:42 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:40 am
I am being educated by a Frenchman and a South Australian!

It's a strange, strange world...
I had to correct myself and Svarty. Check my second edit.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 am

More education!
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:03 am

so hereditary peers are over? it's sad in a way.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:16 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:36 am
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:55 am
The 26 Anglican Bishops sit there ex officio.
Fucken theocracy!