Prince Charles 2B Islams Constantine And The Wests Doom?

Holy Crap!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Prince Charles 2B Islams Constantine And The Wests Doom?

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:58 am

Svartalf wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 am
well, I'm waiting for charlie to fucking die before his mum already, he'll make a horrid king.
At least the powers of the UK's royalty are largely symbolic, and the powers that are not cannot, for any practical purposes, be exercised. By contrast, the powers of the unelected members of the House of Lords are not merely symbolic, and they are exercised any time parliament is in session.

I still cannot fathom why you are sad that the days of hereditary peers are over.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:23 pm

The position of EU is much rosier than the UK. Just look at economic growth. It is not an experiment but a solid project which is delivering.
Greece was not a casualty of the EU but of itself. It has been the EU that has saved it. More than 80% of the Greeks dont want to leave the EU.
Just what are the downsides of EU membership? The UK failed (or was it intended) to apply the EU regulations about EU migration but the UK is in a mess when it comes population data. It has not got a clue who is living in the country.
Just give an example when the UK has been nimble on its feet? It is a plodder living still in the days gone by with the illusion that it is a world power. It cant change because its political system cant.

Brexit was not about regaining anything but about protecting the 1% gotten gains parked in off shore havens. This year there will be coming into effect new EU tax laws regulating these off shore havens. It would have been disastrous for the main Brexit protagonists who would have to pay millions.

The UK has lost the best relationship it could have had with the single market never mind all the FTA's the EU had negotiated on its behalf. It is living in the illusion that it will be able to renegotiate these FTA's at a drop of hit while keeping the City of London supplying financial services to the EU which has already been kicked out by EU negotiators.

EU doesn't need the City of London, says chief Brexit negotiator

Then there is the daddy of all illusions; the solution of the Irish border. That would no trouble said Johnstone when he compared it to the London access zone. There are two alternatives: 1) Staying in the Customs Union and the Single Market or 2) the reunification of Ireland within the EU. A hard border would break the GFA and be impossible to enforce.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

..and you just love it don't you? Your hatred of your home country drips from almost every post you make.

Thing is it seems to me that it is all based on the fact that you had an unhappy childhood in the UK and you have been blaming the whole country ever since for being bullied while you were a kid.

Life will be different out of the EU and as I have said I voted to stay (despite that you respond to me as if I voted 'leave').

When we leave we will be able to make decisions about how we wish to manage the following:

Farming, Fishing, immigration, regulations regarding almost anything you care to mention, from paper clips to road building (an area the EU has definitely gone too far with), law and sovereignty, trade - who with, how and bespoke deals of one sort or another.

Whether the net effect of all of that will make us better off or worse off we will see in due course.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:22 pm

It was my home country for 17 years which in a life of 69 is not much but it has nothing to do with Brexit.
I noticed you failed to answer my questions. The only hope the UK will dump its ancient and corrupt political system and finally wake up to the present world where past positions have no influence. The country is being run by the 1% for the 1% and the rest does not matter.
Just with what regulations does the EU restrict the UK? I think you are listening to much to the Brexiteers. Immigration is a very good example. Why did the UK not use the EU regulations to control EU immigration as the rest of the EU do? Here after three months you either have to be able to support yourself or leave. Why does that not happen in the UK? Two simple answers: 1) too lazy because they dont have administration systems in place to handle the immigrants and 2) tory supporters want cheap labour and the farming season lasts more than three months. There is a third and that is the Brexiteers wanted to create an atmosphere of anti-EU.
Why was the EU flag never flown over Westminster? In every other EU capitals you always see it flying, because the UK was never a committed member. After Empire two failed (Maggie's great dream) it tried sabotage the project any way it knew how and when that failed the 1% decided it was time to go.

Do you want the UK to lower its standards which have partly been determined by the EU? Health and safety? Food standards so as to be able to trade with the USA? Human and workers rights?

I know what I would want and it is what I have.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".