Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
Joe

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Interesting arrrh-gument. :pirate1:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:44 pm

Rum wrote:Brian, while your patience is laudable and your arguments perfectly sound do you think perhaps you have too much time on your hands? :hehe: .
:hehe: I'm retired. I have nothing but time on my hands. So I might as well eh? Either that or succumb to the evils of onanism...
Rum wrote: Glaxo is not going to respond to your perfectly reasoned reply with anything other than you too are being duped and that the likes of Nye, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and the rest don’t have a clue what they are talking about. But Glaxo does.
What I am hoping to show, and indeed what our Venusian brother has aptly demonstrated, is that his arguments (such that they are) are entirely declarative - that is, presented as self-evident brute facts authenticated merely by their telling.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Glaxo’s arrogance is exceeded only by his capacity for self delusion.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:03 pm

Well, since I keep running after pretty women young enough to be my daughters, I might have a similar problem
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:28 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Rum wrote:Brian, while your patience is laudable and your arguments perfectly sound do you think perhaps you have too much time on your hands? :hehe: .
:hehe: I'm retired. I have nothing but time on my hands. So I might as well eh? Either that or succumb to the evils of onanism...
Rum wrote: Glaxo is not going to respond to your perfectly reasoned reply with anything other than you too are being duped and that the likes of Nye, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and the rest don’t have a clue what they are talking about. But Glaxo does.
What I am hoping to show, and indeed what our Venusian brother has aptly demonstrated, is that his arguments (such that they are) are entirely declarative - that is, presented as self-evident brute facts authenticated merely by their telling.
Yet another fallacy. I think, more than any other poster, over time I have proffered more evidences & references. Where my statements are declarative it is because the proof is self evident, or is so high above the perception of others here that stating it would labor their minds.
For example. the billions of planets with civilizations. Pray, tell; what Earthly reference shall I use to illustrate that to you? What link is there that would persuade troglodytes? Even amongst the thousands of astronomers most are too timid to say it out loud. Just a few, such as Carl Sagan, Jill Tarter and other SETI cognoscenti were brave enough to state it.
Well, you would accept Sagan's sweeping statement, without WYSIWYG proof, but not Galaxian's. Except that our assessments are identical and are based on mathematics, and its branches statistics & probability.
And I did respond fully to your last post, despite the trite throwaway line of your mate, who specializes in burps & farts.
So, no response from you as to why the Carbon Dioxide rise & fall happens AFTER that of temperature, not before it, as the toe-the-line gold diggers state at all their expensive conferences & convocations, and to their glassy eyed students and media.
So, let Galaxian enlighten you: The glib reply of the our lords & masters slave technocrats is "That's because the excess is expelled from the ocean, since as it warms up it cannot have so much dissolved gas." A fairy tale "Just So" fable. Since, if so, the subsequent rise in CO2 would warm everything even more than before (greenhouse effect). So that the CO2 rise would PRECEDE the further & runaway rise in temperature.
And what of the distant past when CO2 was MUCH higher than now and life on the planet was verdant, with thriving fauna & flora? Why was it never in danger of eradication as the current crop of ignoramuses declare? :lay:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Rum wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:00 pm
Glaxo’s arrogance is exceeded only by his capacity for self delusion.
He's trapped in a cycle of doubling-down on his denials that he's denying science. The only way he can maintain that level of science denial is to set himself up as more scientifically minded, more scientifically literate, more scientifically capable, than scientists who actually do real science. That's why he criticises science for not being... you know... sciency enough - and when I say 'sciency enough' what I mean is that he reframes scientific endeavour in a context of demands and pleas that it conform to sets of spurious conditions it can never meet. The ongoing failure of a science to meet those spurious conditions is then taken as a demonstration of its wholesale failure overall. There's no arguing with people that closed off from reality. In the end the rest of us will just try to do what we can to save their lives along with everybody else's, whether they take offence at that or eventually thank us for it or not.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:28 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:44 pm
Yet another fallacy. I think, more than any other poster, over time I have proffered more evidences & references. Where my statements are declarative it is because the proof is self evident, or is so high above the perception of others here that stating it would labor their minds.
For example. the billions of planets with civilizations. Pray, tell; what Earthly reference shall I use to illustrate that to you? What link is there that would persuade troglodytes? Even amongst the thousands of astronomers most are too timid to say it out loud. Just a few, such as Carl Sagan, Jill Tarter and other SETI cognoscenti were brave enough to state it.
Well, you would accept Sagan's sweeping statement, without WYSIWYG proof, but not Galaxian's. Except that our assessments are identical and are based on mathematics, and its branches statistics & probability.
And I did respond fully to your last post, despite the trite throwaway line of your mate, who specializes in burps & farts.
So, no response from you as to why the Carbon Dioxide rise & fall happens AFTER that of temperature, not before it, as the toe-the-line gold diggers state at all their expensive conferences & convocations, and to their glassy eyed students and media.
So, let Galaxian enlighten you: The glib reply of the our lords & masters slave technocrats is "That's because the excess is expelled from the ocean, since as it warms up it cannot have so much dissolved gas." A fairy tale "Just So" fable. Since, if so, the subsequent rise in CO2 would warm everything even more than before (greenhouse effect). So that the CO2 rise would PRECEDE the further & runaway rise in temperature.
And what of the distant past when CO2 was MUCH higher than now and life on the planet was verdant, with thriving fauna & flora? Why was it never in danger of eradication as the current crop of ignoramuses declare? :lay:
Meh. Your world view is a secondhand thunk dump straight from Crowder, Shepiro, Moore and PragerU et al, paid shills for the kind of corporate entities who've caused the very problem they say, unsurprisingly, we have no business interfering with. That business of course being securing and increasing the influence of Capital over the global political-economic environment, and eventually over the existence of everything on the planet.

Frank Zappa

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:55 pm

I watched Brian Cox on a YouTube video yesterday explaining the value of saying ‘I don’t know’ and how to truly open minded, explorative enquirers after truth and genuine knowledge about the way the universe around us works It is no failure.

When a truth or conclusion is arrived at these days the process of peer review, with the arrival of the internet, has become even more rigorous and people post articles with some trepidation, for fear of their work being shredded. It isn’t for the faint hearted.

To make the breathtakingly arrogation assertion that the ‘current crop of ignoramuses’ have no clue and are just following some thought police line is an indication of how unhinged and out of touch he is.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

The fact that he's arguing climate change in the Scientific Proof of God thread says a bit about his level of awareness too.

He hasn't posted a single music video either! :toetap:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 pm

:hehe:

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 pm
Moore
:think:

Roger? Roy? Mandy? Michael?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:22 am

Rum wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Brian, while your patience is laudable and your arguments perfectly sound do you think perhaps you have too much time on your hands? :hehe:

Glaxo is not going to respond to your perfectly reasoned reply with anything other than you too are being duped and that the likes of Nye, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and the rest don’t have a clue what they are talking about. But Glaxo does.
Reading Brian Peakock's post was not a waste of my time, Rum.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:44 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:33 pm
Moore

Roger? Roy? Mandy? Michael?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_M ... onsultant)

:|

Frank Zappa

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:25 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:22 am
Rum wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:32 pm
Brian, while your patience is laudable and your arguments perfectly sound do you think perhaps you have too much time on your hands? :hehe:

Glaxo is not going to respond to your perfectly reasoned reply with anything other than you too are being duped and that the likes of Nye, Brian Cox, Richard Dawkins and the rest don’t have a clue what they are talking about. But Glaxo does.
Reading Brian Peakock's post was not a waste of my time, Rum.
Nor mine. But if the hope was to elicit a rational response from Glaxo...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 am

Dennis and Glaxo have not had an exchange of views. I suspect that, for somewhat different reasons, they prefer to attack ratz rather than each other...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!