Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 pm

superuniverse wrote:

But in yt video he says those forces are too weak and too poorly organized to mount an effective offensive against the capitalist system. What "force" or "forces" does he say can overthrow capitalism?
Basically he suggests that human kind need to switch from the 'pleasure principle' to the 'reality principle'. What he actually means by that is not something to be gleaned by a few Youtube clips. His arguments revolve around the 'commodification' of man and the ways in which capital keep us in our place by that - and the alienation that it creates.

You would do well to read a whole book or two of his. 'One dimensional man' is a good place to start - though it is getting on for 50 years old now. Personally I've ditched all that stuff.

However just to be clear this 'force' you seem to think he has is not some magic bullet. He is talking about real life revolutions, upheavals and the like. He was pretty pessimistic a lot of the time too.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Rum wrote:
superuniverse wrote:

But in yt video he says those forces are too weak and too poorly organized to mount an effective offensive against the capitalist system. What "force" or "forces" does he say can overthrow capitalism?
Basically he suggests that human kind need to switch from the 'pleasure principle' to the 'reality principle'. What he actually means by that is not something to be gleaned by a few Youtube clips. His arguments revolve around the 'commodification' of man and the ways in which capital keep us in our place by that - and the alienation that it creates.

You would do well to read a whole book or two of his. 'One dimensional man' is a good place to start - though it is getting on for 50 years old now. Personally I've ditched all that stuff.

However just to be clear this 'force' you seem to think he has is not some magic bullet. He is talking about real life revolutions, upheavals and the like. He was pretty pessimistic a lot of the time too.

WelI I suggest you read ALL his books. This is a good place to start. And the usual subterfuge from you.

https://thepiratebay3.org/?url=https:// ... (22_books)

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:20 pm

It is kind of funny how we have silenced most of the raving rabid atheist dogs around here... There's a few a barks here and there, but for the most part SILENCE...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:38 pm

well, a) this thread is approaching the 1000 posts and stands to be locked any time, b) it's obvious that in spite of the enticing thread title you have no serious proof to put forth, so yeah, the concert hall is deserted and you'll have depeche mode all to yourself.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:46 pm

Svartalf wrote:well, a) this thread is approaching the 1000 posts and stands to be locked any time, b) it's obvious that in spite of the enticing thread title you have no serious proof to put forth, so yeah, the concert hall is deserted and you'll have depeche mode all to yourself.

Well, since you are still around, maybe you can answer the question:

In the yt video, Marcuse says those forces, the exploited and oppressed around the world, are too weak and too poorly organized to mount an effective offensive against the capitalist system. What "force" or "forces" does he say can overthrow capitalism?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:52 pm

rainbow wrote:
superuniverse wrote: What "force" or "forces" does he say can overthrow capitalism?
Your vaginal muscles?
:coffeespray:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:55 pm

superuniverse wrote:It is kind of funny how we have silenced most of the raving rabid atheist dogs around here... There's a few a barks here and there, but for the most part SILENCE...
You're crazy in the coconut. I wonder if you realise how utterly incoherent you are. You just got schooled by Rum. Yet you appear to genuinely have no idea this just happened. :?
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Svartalf wrote:well, a) this thread is approaching the 1000 posts and stands to be locked any time, b) it's obvious that in spite of the enticing thread title you have no serious proof to put forth, so yeah, the concert hall is deserted and you'll have depeche mode all to yourself.

In the yt video, Marcuse says those forces, the exploited and oppressed around the world, are too weak and too poorly organized to mount an effective offensive against the capitalist system. What "force" or "forces" does he say can overthrow capitalism?
Two of us have already answered it. Maybe we should have performed our answer to the sounds of Depeche Mode. :roll:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Yep, you've shut us down, SU! We have no valid arguments against your incisive logic. What a keen, analytical mind you have. That's us done, yes sir.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:00 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
superuniverse wrote:

Two of us have already answered it. Maybe we should have performed our answer to the sounds of Depeche Mode. :roll:

Warmer, warmer... You are getting there...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

If "there" is the delusional world that your mind inhabits, I don't want to go anywhere near it. :?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm

This thread can be shut now. It has outlived its purpose.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:26 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Rum wrote:
superuniverse wrote:

WelI I suggest you read ALL his books. This is a good place to start. And the usual subterfuge from you.

https://thepiratebay3.org/?url=https:// ... (22_books)
I did - or most of them back when they felt relevant. They don't any more and I've moved on.

He's a political philosopher who bases his views on two flawed figures - Marx and Freud.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:28 pm

superuniverse wrote:It is kind of funny how we have silenced most of the raving rabid atheist dogs around here... There's a few a barks here and there, but for the most part SILENCE...
I assure the only reason people aren't challenging you is because 1) They are bored by your irrational ranting and 2) it only encourages you. If you think it is because people are beginning to think you are on to something then.. :funny: :funny: :funny: